Awoo.

Pokémon Spoilers Topic (Current Info Leaks - Scarlet/Violet DLC)

Sonictrainer

Yes to Raboot, no to Cinderace.  Doesn't really look much like a Pokémon.  This is probably the first time since Gen 5 where the final starter evos all disappointed me.  

...still have no idea which starter I’m going for.

Seriously. It looks like this is going to be another Sinnoh situation where I can take or leave any of the choices.

I am so going Inteleon it's not even funny. I think I would even without a reptile bias, it's so sleek and personality-filled compared to Rillaboom and Cinderace. 

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Mythical Panda said:

...still have no idea which starter I’m going for.

Seriously. It looks like this is going to be another Sinnoh situation where I can take or leave any of the choices.

0QirYUX.jpg

It's trying to make a football/soccer player look like a cool Pokémon, I guess.

2 minutes ago, Mythical Panda said:

I’m getting a Chinese vibe from Cinderace for some reason, which is pretty cool I guess.

They do like to add a bit of a Journey to the West vibe to the Fire starters.

Aw man....and I used to think SM's design was bit weird.

Is it just me or some of the Pokemon look inconsistent in their design/style?

I cannot decide which starter I like better. This is the first time none looks appealing to me... :(

• Thumbs Up 1

So there we have it. All the starters aren't that good. It's not even like the past 3 gens where I mostly like them except for one or I have one very definite favourite. They're all kind of mediocre or shit. I'd probably pick Grookey, Grass hasn't really had many good mons yet but Fire has some good ones that aren't the starter, which is really rare. And Water is stupidly common and Intelleon is fucking horrible, lol.

Also Rolycoly's evos are growing on me despite the initial disappointment, which is weird.

I'm one of the few people who don't care for Sobble at all and really fell in love with Scorbunny, but with the final evos revealed, I'm switching it up. I still don't like Sobble, but his final evolution is easily my favorite of the three. Secret agent lizard!

Maybe I’ll soften to one of the final starters when the secondary typings are revealed.

What do you think they’ll be?

My guess for Inteleon is either dark or ghost.

I desperately hope Cinderace isn’t fighting for the billionth time.

Just now, Mythical Panda said:

Maybe I’ll soften to one of the final starters when the secondary typings are revealed.

What do you think they’ll be?

My guess for Inteleon is either dark or ghost.

I desperately hope Cinderace isn’t fighting for the billionth time.

Actually I think the word on the street is that they have no secondary typing (bizarrely).

Cinderace being a ground type could be interesting actually.

It’s based on a footballer, a ground-based sport.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm still going with Scorbunny & calling it Flarefoot.

It's nice to see we're getting a lot more unused Type combos this gen.

1 hour ago, Mythical Panda said:

Cinderace being a ground type could be interesting actually.

It’s based on a footballer, a ground-based sport.

Yeah, it sucks we have mono-types this time. Here are my thoughts from earlier:

On 11/2/2019 at 2:25 PM, Pawn said:

This is the most disappointing reveal for me. Mono-Water might be better for my team composition, but dual typing is just so much more interesting. I'd have much rather:

Rillaboom - Rock (puns, of course, but its body could have been made of rock too)

Cinderace - Ground (football/soccer is very "grounded", could kick up burning balls of dirt)

Intelleon - Ice (would work with basilisks running on water, since it could freeze moisture beneath its feet a bit like Iceman)

Or:

Rillaboom - Dark (rock musician, colour scheme, Grookey is even described as mischievous)

Cinderace - Fighting (it's basically this anyway - why even pretend? =P)

Intelleon - Psychic (name pun, but could also tie into being a spy by gathering intel directly from enemies' minds)

But fine, Pokémon. I'LL JUST DEAL

Noby.png.2092f1b54e970ab773713b0ecfe37a7d.png

Baty.png.af68b14fd5fa66978ef91e20d17d808a.png

Pecky.png.b1f477508b9547a78bb9d33d0729d7d3.png

hrnb.thumb.png.0b089d45a53ab2b69fddb47ce4e88931.png

There are some very odd and noticable instances of, what i suppose are pixel antialiasing errors?  with many of the model "leaks"; there are many more, i may post them too but put them in a spoiler so they don't take any more space!  Simply put, it is possible that it is inauthentic. 

Here is an image link that also shows how similar many of the faces look, and to see them all together they really give away that this seems to be a very carefully constructed fake leak that got stuck on some 3D design issues. 

https://forums.bulbagarden.net/index.php?attachments/3dmo-face-jpg.127538/

^^ The likelihood of Rolycoly going from having one of the most unique eye designs possible, to bizarre unpleasant eyes that look like they are from an early 2000's bargain bin game has to be zero!  

Those images look like they're blown up from the already horrible image compression Switch capture has to me.

I think it's possible the designers just made dumb choices.

• Thumbs Up 3

Cinderace ended looking alright I say... except it's arms look way to short and the hands really needed to be bigger to me. xD

5 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

What's Grookey's Stage 1 Evolution Name?

Drumpanzee

and now for the Alcremie pre-evo

image.png.aee49b21b3547522083602bffd9f628d.png

Milcery

• Thumbs Up 1