Awoo.

Pokémon Spoilers Topic (Current Info Leaks - Scarlet/Violet DLC)

Sonictrainer

1 hour ago, Mythical Panda said:

Thought this was noteworthy

2 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

What the heck is this?!

EIe4T3VWsAEXbAi?format=jpg&name=4096x409EIe4USIXUAErbrV?format=jpg&name=4096x409EIe4VHaWsAEH0Ia?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Something tells me we could be seeing Eternatus in post game?

2 hours ago, Mythical Panda said:

Thought this was noteworthy

51 minutes ago, Whispering Ultima said:

Something tells me we could be seeing Eternatus in post game?

According to some of the replies in that tweet, the post-game Galar Dex totals at 632 Pokemon (177 less than Ultra Sun & Moon) while the standard Galar Dex has 400 (or 405; presumably some hidden, mythical Pokemon). Eternatus is Pokemon #400 in the image above, so there's a chance it may be encountered sometime before the endgame.

4 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

EIe4VHaWsAEH0Ia?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Man I've never been a fan of the series' 3-stage dragons (or semi-legendaries or whatever people call them) but a Diplocaulus merged with a stealth bomber with baby missiles in its head-holes is a pretty rad concept.

• Thumbs Up 3

Double post but more stuff

Spoiler

EIfE11PWsAARibN?format=jpg&name=large

EIe6s8mX0AAohH_?format=jpg&name=small

Eternatus has two forms, and I think it has a Gigantamax form that we've seen earlier

EIfELduXUAEXmU9?format=jpg&name=medium

New bug mon called Falinks.

EIe5On7XUAAu872?format=jpg&name=medium

Looks like that statue we saw in the trailer. It's the purple Pokemons (Toxel) Evo. Prolly poison electric.

EIe4iEGXYAE2zxS?format=jpg&name=large

EIe4iwFXsAInbQZ?format=jpg&name=large

Cufant and Copperjah. I'm gonna guess that it's a ground fire type.

EIe4bnNWkAAg5Ea?format=jpg&name=large

EIe4cmNWkAAN2Eg?format=jpg&name=large

Applin and Flapple, I guess it's a bug grass type. Guess that means it's got it's own Gigantamax:

EIXYTA5WsAADpJk?format=jpg&name=large

EIe4OrxXUAMNPkt?format=jpg&name=large

Indeedee

EIe2nlMXUAEcqt1?format=jpg&name=large

Stonjourner

EIe1J3wXkAA41Gx?format=jpg&name=large

Zacian is a Fairy type

Also we have the gym order according to a translation

Prolly getting a ground type gym and I think Sinister is a ref to the ghost type exclusive gym.

Or it could be a dark gym

• Thumbs Up 1

Am I the only one who thinks a lot of them don't even look much like Pokémon?  I mean art style wise.  There's some I'd find more believable to be from some other series.  It just doesn't feel the same as before.  My only guess is because Ken Sugimori's not quite as involved with this one.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yamask gets a pretty rad regional evolution:

He haunts ruins instead of a sarcophagus!

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, QuantumEdge said:

Am I the only one who thinks a lot of them don't even look much like Pokémon?  I mean art style wise.  There's some I'd find more believable to be from some other series.  It just doesn't feel the same as before.  My only guess is because Ken Sugimori's not quite as involved with this one.

No it is not just you!  What I find strange is that none of the 3D model leaks even look like the careful and incredible designs of the officially revealed Pokemon for this Generation. 

The Bulbagarden forum has a few people suggesting that this could be an attempt to surpass the Grinch leak that was faked for Smash Ultimate. 

The timing is similar in that it is close to release so it is as believable as possible.

The majority of them do not look like the work of any existing Pokemon designer!  I can't imagine them moving around in game; the models look so stiff, which again is the exact opposite of the actual officially revealed Pokemon. 

here is a new example;

spacer.pngspacer.png

This fake leak is perhaps overall the work of several prolific but intermediate level 3D model designers.  It seems like they anticipated that enough people would believe it, so any comments about the designs being off would not get through. 

GameFreak is not going to allow design quality to go from Oricorio... to this, especially not for the premiere fully new Pokemon on Nintendo's flagship system!

1 hour ago, expansivelovestories said:

spacer.pngspacer.png

This fake leak is perhaps overall the work of several prolific but intermediate level 3D model designers.  It seems like they anticipated that enough people would believe it, so any comments about the designs being off would not get through. 

GameFreak is not going to allow design quality to go from Oricorio... to this, especially not for the premiere fully new Pokemon on Nintendo's flagship system!

Is there a source if that's fake tho, cause this is looking pretty likely. I don't wanna believe that's in but that's literally the laziest design ive seen tbh.

In the box is a list of the pokemon leaked so far. (Some of the typings can be wrong)

Spoiler

EIh4OEtWwAAxKvk.jpg:large

Pincurchin is literally PYUKUMUKU from Gen 7, but with more spikes

Gyms in pokemon shield: 

However in Sword we have Fighting and Ground instead of Ghost and Ice. 

Looks like there IS a Dark Gym in both games after all!

• Thumbs Up 2

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

No, unfortunately there is no direct proof against this until the next news release, which may be Wednesday if the pattern is the same! 

But, i feel like the proof is in the pudding.  If these were what was leaked first all at once, would anyone have believed it was authentic??  

Many of them could pass for SNES Donkey Kong Country, or Sonic 3 and Knuckles era 3D renders that appeared in the instruction manuals!!   

9 minutes ago, Pawn said:

9qMcWJ5.jpg

Team Sad is complete.

I dunno the second third and fourth ones look annoyed/normal to me...

• Absolutely 1

8 hours ago, Whispering Ultima said:

Is there a source if that's fake tho, cause this is looking pretty likely. I don't wanna believe that's in but that's literally the laziest design ive seen tbh.

Ok!  The best proof I can think of now is, to compare the officially revealed Galarian forms with the "leaked" ones.  There is a big clash between the two unusually different aesthetics.

The second best proof might be that there has been no attempt to block this "leaked" content from spreading.  There are some posted in the comments of the official Pokemon twitter.  I am not sure how they would remove it, but, most of the ones I see are of "ow the edge" Eternatus, if it were real, it would be something they would want to remove. 

The third best proof is how few of the "leaked" Pokemon connect to a UK-inspired region in any meaningful way, quite a contrast to everything that has already been revealed! 

The fourth possible proof is, this simply looks incredibly off for how the Pokedex would look; why would the icons overlap in such a sloppy way? 

Vasi.png.ce5068d2f14b91e1500232e829fbee6b.png

The fifth possible proof might be that it would be really unlikely for the new dragon pseudolegendary to copy so much of the body design from another dragon type that is in the same game!!

Rlli.png.60848e104a62cf344672d3f727e6203d.png

This is intriguing as well:

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png250px-467Magmortar.png

jjh.png.a666836bc35835f6cfc128b6b2c1a015.pngspacer.png

^^  no way!!

Well here's the final checklist of returning Pokémon...

Spoiler

Final-Galar-checklist.png

Yeah, I really have to question how this selection process was made but whatever. Though there aren't nearly as many Kanto mons as I was expecting; only about a third of those are either returning or have updated forms. Some exclusions are especially disappointing/surprising, like the Nido line or Salamence, Pokémon that feel right for the region. I think the weirdest inclusions for me are the Alolan mons, with few exceptions (SM had a pitifully small number of new mons) since many of them were practically fully designed for the region and had backstories that tied them into the region that seeing them outside of the context is strange. Sure, makes sense marketing-wise, but Jangmo-O? Passimian? Silvally? Though in defense of the last one, it's possible Gladion shows up and gives you the last remaining Null the Aether Foundation had.

Meh, I said it before, I don't really like this, but it is what it is. Disappointing as this is, at least a lot of the newer mons look great. Not enough to make me buy the game when it still has the stink of Pokémon Home clinging to it, but my curiosity is at least satisfied with what we haven't seen officially yet. Here's hoping Impidimp will be good to go in whatever the next game is in a year because I'd really like to use it.

• Thumbs Up 5

Huh. I believe this is the first time a regional Pokedex has not had a complete starter set; we’ve got the Charmander family without the Bulbasaur and Squirtle ones.

• Absolutely 2

9 minutes ago, Mythical Panda said:

Huh. I believe this is the first time a regional Pokedex has not had a complete starter set; we’ve got the Charmander family without the Bulbasaur and Squirtle ones.

...At this point, who's NOT surprised?

All Gens begin with Charizard, and all so end. Gen 8 is no different. Charizard sprouts within it; it grows, CONSUMES it. Such is its nature. In the end, all Gens return to the Charizard whence it came!

You see, Charizard is Sword and Shield's true essence.

3 hours ago, Zaysho said:

Well here's the final checklist of returning Pokémon...

Reveal hidden contents

Final-Galar-checklist.png

Yeah, I really have to question how this selection process was made but whatever. Though there aren't nearly as many Kanto mons as I was expecting; only about a third of those are either returning or have updated forms. Some exclusions are especially disappointing/surprising, like the Nido line or Salamence, Pokémon that feel right for the region. I think the weirdest inclusions for me are the Alolan mons, with few exceptions (SM had a pitifully small number of new mons) since many of them were practically fully designed for the region and had backstories that tied them into the region that seeing them outside of the context is strange. Sure, makes sense marketing-wise, but Jangmo-O? Passimian? Silvally? Though in defense of the last one, it's possible Gladion shows up and gives you the last remaining Null the Aether Foundation had.

Meh, I said it before, I don't really like this, but it is what it is. Disappointing as this is, at least a lot of the newer mons look great. Not enough to make me buy the game when it still has the stink of Pokémon Home clinging to it, but my curiosity is at least satisfied with what we haven't seen officially yet. Here's hoping Impidimp will be good to go in whatever the next game is in a year because I'd really like to use it.

Spoiler

As of gen VII, my usual team consisted of only favourites: Crobat, Swampert, Flygon, Volcarona, Luxray and Fearow. Of these, only ONE of them is present in this dex. Masuda is telling me i'm not the ideal customer for this new generation or that i'm just shit out of luck.
Even if i had a Switch right now, this would be the deal breaker for me, no joke.

I honestly don’t see how that’s a bad thing.

Don’t you get tired of using those same Pokemon in every game? I know I often fall into that trap of having the same Pokemon on my teams a lot of the time. And it seems quite a few of the Pokemon I’d default to aren’t there anymore. And I’m cool with that. The temptation to use them for the billionth time is gone.

I like the idea of a Pokedex that forces you to step outside your comfort zone.

• Thumbs Up 6

Whoa, unarmored Zacian and Zamazenta look way better! I actually like them like this.

But, man, this gen is really mixed on designs. Some cool designs, but plenty of terrible ones, too.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait. What? Pidgey is not part of this particular UK style Region’s Dex? How did they mess that one up? XD 

Saying that, I’m still struggling to understand the curry incorporation into this game. It almost seems included just because this cuisine of making different styles and flavours of dishes is plentiful.

Whilst I think the idea is an interesting addition, it’s a shame they completely mishandled the type of food when researching the UK. Most would associate this as an Indian dish, a popular cuisine or takeaway that exists on the high street. It is definitely not a meal I’d ever identify with if someone asked me to name a typical traditional British dish though. 

I'm honestly surprised at just how many Pokemon got the cut here. I knew it'd be bad in certain areas, but this is honestly pretty weird to see.

The fact that not even all of the starters (hell or even most of them) made it in is kind of shocking to me. Like, I still think the way GF and Pokemon are handling this game in general is a whole mess of indifference to begin with but even then, how do you not have ANY of the starters from even the previous gen in here? Isn't Incineroar popular af in Japan? Hell, neither Jigglypuff nor Greninja are here which means that even Ultimate isn't represented here... like how?

Actually, I just got finished writing that and realized that the Charmandar evolutions are the only previous gen starters here... I um... really?

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when they were deciding which ones got in. I literally can't make out their method from this selection. There had to be some random method at work here.

Welp, again, at least Umbreon is in there *shrugs*

Oof. Pretty upset to see a lot of personal faves didn't make the cut.

Aerodactyl, Feraligatr, Scizor, Porygon2, Swampert, Metagross, Staraptor, Magnezone, Zoroark, Volcarona, Greninja, Incineroar, Lycanroc... all completely absent. There are a decent amount of selections for Galar that I like, but overall this is leaving me feeling rather disappointed.

Heck, even Meltan and Melmetal didn't make the cut! I honestly thought they'd be a shoo-in for Sword/Shield, but guess not.