Awoo.

Pokémon Spoilers Topic (Current Info Leaks - Scarlet/Violet DLC)

Sonictrainer

I just noticed that Mew is the only non-Galar Mythical and Sivally is the only non-Galar Legendary. Whelp, there goes Smogon's Uber tier.

6 hours ago, Mythical Panda said:

I honestly don’t see how that’s a bad thing.

Don’t you get tired of using those same Pokemon in every game? I know I often fall into that trap of having the same Pokemon on my teams a lot of the time. And it seems quite a few of the Pokemon I’d default to aren’t there anymore. And I’m cool with that. The temptation to use them for the billionth time is gone.

I like the idea of a Pokedex that forces you to step outside your comfort zone.

What may not be a bad thing to you doesn't mean it isn't for others. Don't assume everybody experience things in the same way. What does forcing people to play with mainly the new Pokemon instead of their old faves accomplish? Pretty much nothing that'z what. But I guess it does work as a decent cheap tactic to help sell toys of the new Pokemon. I never get tired of my favorite Pokemon myself... I admit it does help that I don't get every single game in the series.

There is no point in telling others in how you think they should play. If somebody wants to play with only new Pokemon that is their choice, just as it was their choice if they want to use their old teams in the other games... whatever floats their boat ya know? Plus nothing forced players to use their old Pokemon in previous games... it was whoever player's own fault if they played the game in a way that lead to their own boredom.

Personally I won't be getting this game for many reasons, but the removed Pokemon certainly didn't help. Hohoo!

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, Mythical Panda said:

Don’t you get tired of using those same Pokemon in every game? I know I often fall into that trap of having the same Pokemon on my teams a lot of the time. And it seems quite a few of the Pokemon I’d default to aren’t there anymore. And I’m cool with that. The temptation to use them for the billionth time is gone.

I can appreciate what you mean--I played the hell out of White's campaign rotating every new Pokémon I'd catch in that game because I wanted to see all the new ones and find new favorites. And that's how I've tried to play Pokémon games these days; my story teams will almost always feature more Pokémon I haven't used normally than old favorites. But when I discover new favorites, it's always nice to mix them up with the familiar ones and try different teams and ideas with them.

That's really the fun of Pokémon to me, so it sucks to lose that option.

Probably an out of the blue question but I've been kind of left in the dark

Has there been anything on trainer customization yet? I've been curious about that for a while now.

The Trainer Card images are curious in that they are not photos taken from an angle at the screen, and the bio information is in that format as well!

spacer.png

I am also confused about the absence of any video clips released; and , seeing this 3D model again, the fingers look like they don't even move.  In fact it would be interesting to check and see if this is in the exact same pose as the initial leaked image..??  because it would absolutely be in motion after evolution.  What would be the odds that they captured the exact same frame o animation?  I will go find the original image, here is the one to compare it with for now:

spacer.png

spacer.png

^^  The lighting of course differs, and the general angle is slightly shifted, but the pose itself is unusually exact.  At the very least this model would have some basic breathing-esque animation??

Here is the result of layering the original leaked image with a third one showing the shiny form, it looks strange, the lower body and feet shouldn't shift in that way in between frames should they?

Layer.gif.0cda3ad29cc9168ffd5b2440d19f7a97.gif

Here is a video example that, it perhaps precedes when the basic animation would then be playing with the info/congratulations text, but, why would the leakers have shown absolutely zero of the expressive animations that all of the Pokemon have?

Even the basic standing animation for Obstagoon is very detailed.  I find it very hard to believe that the third stage of an iconic new Pokemon, would lack the same kinds of relatively elaborate and personality filled animations. 

Similarly a crucial missing type of media is images of these new Pokemon in the camp displaying the many different animations that have been revealed to take place; we have one with Long-Grookey facing away from the camera and Farfetch'd basically standing still; and of course, the animations displayed by these Pokemon in battle.  I had started to be swayed that maybe somehow this was a real leak, but I am seeing major inconsistencies again at this point. 

5 hours ago, Crow the BOOLET said:

Probably an out of the blue question but I've been kind of left in the dark

Has there been anything on trainer customization yet? I've been curious about that for a while now.

Like, in regards to what, exactly? What new stuff you can do or wear or whether it's in the game period? Because it was confirmed for the game in the last Nintendo Direct. I don't think there's been any specific leaks of any choice customization options, or at least I haven't seen any.

16 hours ago, Mythical Panda said:

Most of the team i mentioned in my spoiler is made by 'mons that in the last bunch of generations are found only in the mid-2/3-end of the game (and that's not counting the ones that are trade exclusives because they aren't catchable in the same game), the whole "you have to adapt with what you have" comes with the territory everytime you start a game. That's for examples why the games give you consistantly the critter, birb and caterpillar lines almost immediately, because they are perfect for most of the games, you train them in time for them to be evolved fully and then decide if to keep them in your team or not.
I'm talking about the lack of the possibility in itself to have a potential team made by your favourite 'mons, competitive or not. Arbitrarly limiting the access to the entire pokémon roster in a complete way is and will always be a dumb concept, i'm sorry.
But fine, here's an idea that can satisfy both: you want me to have to use the 'mons of your new region? Use the regional dex you have created and use this simple rule: limit the trading/Bank option to be avaible only after beating the Elite 4, a reward for those who went all the way and now can rechallenge trainers, train their favourite 'mons and take on the post-game (assuming Masuda remembers how to properly idealize one).
This way one can get a favourite team and yet has to adapt with what the region has to offer for most of the journey. Seems fair to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Turkatron CC14 said:

Like, in regards to what, exactly? What new stuff you can do or wear or whether it's in the game period? Because it was confirmed for the game in the last Nintendo Direct. I don't think there's been any specific leaks of any choice customization options, or at least I haven't seen any.

Stuff that you can wear in general. I want to see what you can wear and what hairstyles you can have. Yes they mentioned it [in the Directs] but I wanna see the whole details.

We have a Town Map

4hrcguwpzvw31.png

We also have some Gym Leader Trainer Cards, some normal and rare!

Including one with Allister unmasked!

Just a heads up, some of the Trainer Cards have Story Spoilers, so I won't be posting them personally.

ujnqazxctsw31.png

126f09shtsw31.pngh0uhs43alsw31.jpg

Bede's regular card kind of has minor story spoilers.

Spoiler

ba81x7bulsw31.jpg

gd9h58zgctw31.pngpuizj1evctw31.png?width=640&crop=smart&a4t8i562yctw31.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

cylnnznzctw31.png

q77vcr22dtw31.pngmqz5i8c4dtw31.png

u1mzc4d6dtw31.pngnl4wock8dtw31.png

csuye7qbetw31.pngj125yvfdetw31.png2843p16xxtw31.pngt0mip5nzetw31.png

• Thumbs Up 1

I’ve heard some people suggest that they turned the UK map upside down to make Galar. Which I could believe, seeing as all the London-based landmarks are in the north rather than the south, and how the landmass seems to get fatter going that way.

Wouldn’t be the first time they’ve done something like that either. Hoenn is Kyushu turned 90 desgrees counterclockwise.

@Sonictrainer where can I see the rest of them?

22 minutes ago, Mythical Panda said:

I’ve heard some people suggest that they turned the UK map upside down to make Galar. Which I could believe, seeing as all the London-based landmarks are in the north rather than the south, and how the landmass seems to get fatter going that way.

Wouldn’t be the first time they’ve done something like that either. Hoenn is Kyushu turned 90 desgrees counterclockwise.

@Sonictrainer where can I see the rest of them?

The rest of the Trainer Cards?

Please note that these only cover the ones in Shield, since I haven't seen anything for Bea yet.

On 11/5/2019 at 5:11 PM, Mythical Panda said:

@Sonictrainer yes. Your original post implies they’re all available to see somewhere.

They're scattered across the Sword & Shield Leak Reddit Board

Search "Front", "Back", "Rare", or "[Story Spoilers]" to pinpoint

https://www.reddit.com/r/SwShLeaks/

Here are the safe Trainer Cards for the unrevealed Gym Leaders in Shield

hcl9uvuadtw31.pnghzrploicdtw31.pngh8xcv4dedtw31.pngqd43jk7gdtw31.png

ao8olzx1ftw31.pngtpp9dhc3ftw31.png

kc2vslc5ftw31.png3hryta77ftw31.png

Her son may be a version exclusive Gym Leader in Sword...but I'm not sure yet

jnrpqpdwgsw31.pngqkncftg9ssw31.png63t2dzsfssw31.pngtx4n2vkissw31.png

Some info about Appletun

dfg36b7c2ax31.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

On 11/5/2019 at 5:15 PM, Sonictrainer said:

kc2vslc5ftw31.png3hryta77ftw31.png

Her son may be a version exclusive Gym Leader in Sword...but I'm not sure yet

The Final Trailers that were revealed today confirm that Gordie, Melony's son and a user of Rock-Types, is a Sword Exclusive Gym Leader while Melony is exclusive to Shield.

ya1aixquh3y31.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Sometimes Pikachu will appear as Cramorant's Gulp Missile.

It can paralyze the opponent if it hits.

t258hyweh2y31.jpg

According to this Sprite Sheet, Galarian Darmanitan might have a Zen Mode or an RVEE (Regional Variant Exclusive Evolution)

We now have the Starter's Hidden Abilities & Signature Moves.

zpz3gm6at2y31.jpg

1573034870346.png1573035064508.png1573035314758.png

Just now, Balding Spider said:

....So I'm hearing rumors that TM's are one time use again. No way that can be true right?

It's a mix of both I believe.  The consumable TMs (TRs I think?) are an incentive to do the raid battles.

1 minute ago, Nix said:

It's a mix of both I believe.  The consumable TMs (TRs I think?) are an incentive to do the raid battles.

Eh...

Okay, but is it true that you're locked out of catching specific pokemon until you get a needed badge?

15 minutes ago, Balding Spider said:

Eh...

Okay, but is it true that you're locked out of catching specific pokemon until you get a needed badge?

That only applies to high leveled Pokemon in the Wild Area.

7vqp11dkk5y31.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Galarian Darumaka/Darmanitan is exclusive to Sword

I believe Zen Mode might be our first Ice/Fire Combo