Awoo.

Pokémon Spoilers Topic (Current Info Leaks - Scarlet/Violet DLC)

Sonictrainer

latest?cb=20140206012016

In the past, the main series Pokemon games always released in Japan first before the rest of the world. As a result, information on the games was revealed early.

Since Generation 6, the games have had global releases, allowing Nintendo, Gamefreak, and the Pokemon Company to keep fans guessing on what's to come.

However, information on future Main Series Pokemon games can still escape to the public because:

1) Some stores release the games early to the public

2) Someone data mines the Special Demo

3) Someone with a review copy or who played the final version of the games reveals some spoilers

4) Someone received their copy of the game or Strategy Guide early

So to help prevent fear of spoilers, being lost in a sea of hidden responses in the Mega Thread or individual threads, or accidentally seeing a spoiler when you look a post preview, you can discuss all leaked Pokemon information, images, and videos here. Official Information and Trailers released will only be discussed in the original discussion topic.

NOTE: If the Mods feel this topic is unnecessary, feel free to lock it.

A spoiler topic's a good idea; especially with (albeit minor) story details being released. I'm going to have to be careful there; because while I wanted to know the full roster, I don't want to spoil the story.

So, for those who have looked at the regional Pokédex: what do you think? And what is your team looking like so far? For me:

xBHJuqK.png

Rowlet's evo (Grass/Flying?)

Lycanroc Midnight (Rock)

Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)

Kommo-o (Dragon/Fighting)

Crabrawler's evo (Fighting/Ice?)

Alolan Marowak (Ghost/Fire)

I'm glad that Crabrawler becomes a yeti crab, as it should mean that it becomes an Ice-type (and hopefully a strong one). Without confirmed typings and stats, this team is preliminary. I don't normally train legendaries, but I like Tapu Koko so much and its typing is too awesome.

As for other revealed 'Mons; I do enjoy the spiky sea creature, phantom anchor/wheel and diving bell spider. The remaining Alolan forms are pretty disappointing though.

EDIT: For those who want to keep up to date on the datamining, be sure to have a gander at Kaphotics' channel on YouTube. They've just released a video that shows all of the TMs (confirming that Surf and other former HMs are now just that) and some item spoilers.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm gonna plan my team as I go and see what works; I'll probably just be using new Pokemon and Alolan forms though.

1 hour ago, Pawn said:

A spoiler topic's a good idea; especially with (albeit minor) story details being released. I'm going to have to be careful there; because while I wanted to know the full roster, I don't want to spoil the story.

So, for those who have looked at the regional Pokédex: what do you think? And what is your team looking like so far? For me:

xBHJuqK.png

Rowlet's evo (Grass/Flying?)

Lycanroc Midnight (Rock)

Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)

Kommo-o (Dragon/Fighting)

Crabrawler's evo (Fighting/Ice?)

Alolan Marowak (Ghost/Fire)

I'm glad that Crabrawler becomes a yeti crab, as it should mean that it becomes an Ice-type (and hopefully a strong one). Without confirmed typings and stats, this team is preliminary. I don't normally train legendaries, but I like Tapu Koko so much and its typing is too awesome.

As for other revealed 'Mons; I do enjoy the spiky sea creature, phantom anchor/wheel and diving bell spider. The remaining Alolan forms are pretty disappointing though.

How did you make that image? I can't find individual images for each leaked Pokemon, at least, since I last checked. Anyway, this is my team, I think.

• Rowlet's final evo (Grass/Flying)
  • Lycanroc Midday (Rock)
  • Salandit's evo (Fire/Poison)
  • Kommo-o (Dragon/Fighting)
  • Wimpod's final evo (Water/Bug)
  • Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
  • Thumbs Up 2

Apparently Rowlet's final Evo is supposed to be "Grass/Steel", which would make sense since it would complete the triangle type matching for the starters like in Gen 6.

No one is for sure yet, though.

3 minutes ago, Waveshocker Sigma said:

Apparently Rowlet's final Evo is supposed to be "Grass/Steel", which would make sense since it would complete the triangle type matching for the starters like in Gen 6.

That...doesn't make a whole lot of sense given that there's nothing really suggesting it to be a steel type...but its a better typing than Grass/Flying at least.

1 hour ago, Count Vegeta said:

How did you make that image? I can't find individual images for each leaked Pokemon, at least, since I last checked. Anyway, this is my team, I think.

• Rowlet's final evo (Grass/Flying)
  • Lycanroc Midday (Rock)
  • Salandit's evo (Fire/Poison)
  • Kommo-o (Dragon/Fighting)
  • Wimpod's final evo (Water/Bug)
  • Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)

I did a quick cut from this image of the regional dex:

0g4drUf.jpg

Go to Reddit for links to slightly higher quality images.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 hour ago, Waveshocker Sigma said:

We don't know types yet though, do we? Typings, most moves and stats appear to be erased from the demo.

I'm totally getting Salandit's evo and naming it Cynder. :P

Can't decide between Popplio and Rowlet for my starter, though.

At the moment I only have 4/6 planned for my party.

-Liften (A.K.A: it's final evo)

-Wimpod's evo

-Toucamon (A.K.A: Pikipek's final evo)

-Kommo-o

Then for the last 2. I think one of them must be able to megaevolve. So I'll have that in mind

JBc7QYm.jpg

This is my party, at least for competitively. I tried to go for a more balance team in term of typing.

Litten Final Evo (Fire/Fighting)

Mimikyu (Ghost/Fairy)

Ariados (Bug/Poison)

Trevenant (Ghost/Grass)

Honchkrow (Dark/Flying)

Crabrawler Final Evo (Fighting/Water or ice?)

This isn't final though since two of these aren't revealed yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

CvDN-OiWgAQxesE.png:large

The first thing I want to talk about regarding the data mine is the supposed remainder of the Alolan Forms:

Alolan Diglett and Digtrio: Really curious about Brolett and Brotrio's information. Is it copying Binacle by being by the beach and become Water/Rock? Don't even get me started on the Shiny Forms.

Alolan Persian: I think I'll call mine "Purfield". 

Alolan Geodude, Graveler, and Golem: Also really curious about their types and changes.

11 minutes ago, Ice Vec said:

Alola Golem looks like it has a taser on top. Maybe rock/electric?

What a unique typing, I'd love that! (I honestly had no idea what Alolan Golem was supposed to be based on until you said that xD)

4x weakness to Ground is nasty, of course, but at least it'd just has one 4x weakness, I guess.

So the final stages of the starters have leaked yet again, marking the third time they've emerged prematurely if you count the datamine. This time we have the TCG to thank:

Cvw0kOmWIAAEY0b.jpg

God this game's inflation is getting ridiculous.  The GX cards are starting to  one up the M EX cards now.  Whatever happened to some good old fashioned stability?

• 2 weeks later...

So someone on 4chan has the game. Check the GAF thread for more info. While I'm avoiding plot stuff, I am curious about the names and types of the Pokemon themselves. So far:

• Pikipek evolves at Lv 14 into Trumbeak (still Normal/Flying)

• Rowlet evolves at Lv 17 and Dartrix is even slower than a 0 speed IV Quilladin (ouch)

Maybe Decidueye's stat distribution changes as its type does... I hope so but I guess it's not a big problem for me since I don't play competitively.

Wow, unless Decidueye makes minor miracles, the Rowlett line is statistically screwed over.  Trumbeak's a cool name which makes me wonder if it has any musical affiliation, considering the trombone similarity.

• Pikipek's final evo is called Toucannon and remains Normal/Flying

• Salandit evolves into Salazzle

• Wimpod evolves into Golisopod and remains Bug/Water

• Dewpider is Water/Bug and evolves into Araquanid with same types

• Morelull evolves into Shiinotic and remains Grass/Fairy

• Alolan Dugtrio is Ground/Steel

• Dhelmise is the anchor and is Ghost/Grass

• The new best Pokemon is called Crabominable (should have seen that coming) and is Fighting/Ice

• Mareanie is Poison/Water and evolves into Toxipex with same types

Leaks are being compiled here but be warned as they contain story spoilers.

The 4chan leaker says that Wishiwashi is actually good and that it's School Form is very powerful and doesn't wear out until it has 25% HP left

So...Incineroar, Toucannon, Golisopod, Lycanroc night (If I can get one via trade because I'm getting Sun), some plant pokemon and the last one I'll leave it for when I get the game

1478564779842.jpg

It seems that the Final Evolutions of the Alola Starters have Z-Moves powered by their signature moves.

Starter base stats and movepools leaked

Basically they're all slow which is weird honestly.

Decidueye looks like to be the better of the 3 for being the fastest and having good mixed stats plus a great movepool that has 2 great setup moves with Swords Dance and Nasty Plot with Baton Pass to boot! Oddly enough its Attack is 7 points higher than its Special Attack. Incineroar loses Speed but it looks like it has a lot of Attack going for it. Its movepool doesn't look that great however. And Primarina has high Special stats but its seems to have the same problems are Incineroar with most of its movepool being pretty standard.

But this is just my personal early analysis. We'll see how they'll fair in the meta.