Awoo.

Super Mario Odyssey (October 27, 2017)

Adamabba

On 11/4/2017 at 6:36 AM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Something really strange happened to me. I was watching a video to help me find one particularly annoying moon (Specifically, the secret entrance to Cascade Kingdom) and it showed the entrance being in Snow Kingdom. When I got there however, it was the entrance to Lake Kingdom while the entrance to Lake Kingdom that should be in Seaside Kingdom was now the Cascade Kingdom entrance.

Apparently, the secret pathway locations are random. And they change up for each new save file.

• 1 month later...

How does "two new costumes available right now" sound?

Let's hope the latter makes it into the next actual baseball game!

• 4 weeks later...

Mario can now dress up as the green-clad Broodal!

Spoiler

Other outfits have been datamined, including the other three Broodals. Guess it's just a matter of time until they're added.

• 5 months later...

It was revealed in a Japanese Reference Book that one of the concepts for the story of SMO was Bowser having his own version of Cappy and using it to takeover Peach's body.

Sound familiar?

That's because it isn't Bowsette. It's Bowser using a Cappy to capture Peach...which makes her get certain physical traits of his.

The main reason people are comparing it to Bowsette is the similarity in design. ALtered and bigger peach body with humanoid face, sharp teeth, horns and whatnot.

• Thumbs Up 1

When Mario captures something or somebody, they get a mustache.

When Browser captures something or somebody, they literally most of his physical traits and an altered colour scheme. 

I honestly think this would've just been a terrible idea. Not only is the design pretty lackluster and doesn't fit with the established capture rules from Odyssey (Again if this is the case for Bowser, why does Mario captures only gain a mustache and obviously Cappy since he needs to be on their head to capture somebody) but I don't see where this makes sense for Bowser. Does he just do it for the lols? He can't be doing it to take over the Mushroom Kingdom, because I mean, you'd need to be pretty stupid to not be able to tell that's no longer Peach given her altered colour scheme and fangs. Would he just do it to troll Mario? 

Like, I'd get it if maybe he could use it to force Peach to marry him or something, like Super Mario Adventures did with Kamek hypnotising Peach into admitting "love" for Bowser, or something like TTYD where Peach was used as a vessel for the Shadow Queen's return but I don't really understand the purpose would've been here.

• Thumbs Up 1

Imo, the real suprise of this SMO art book isn't that sketch with "Bowsette/Ms. Whatever She Is" but this:

DoLpvUyU4AAbk8a.jpg:large

Man, this is a really cool and different design for Rosie here. That mission with Pauline and the band members in New Donk City was probably meant to be hers.

• Thumbs Up 3

Alright, now I'm kind of saddened that not only did we have Rosalina in the game at some point or another, but we had a new casual design version of Rosalina.

• Thumbs Up 5

56 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

When Mario captures something or somebody, they get a mustache.

When Browser captures something or somebody, they literally most of his physical traits and an altered colour scheme. 

I mean first of all this is clearly a concept sketch we're talking about, I highly doubt the design would have looked exactly like that if anything like this made it into the final game (they also would have probably come up with some reason for him to do this--in fact maybe they couldn't think of something and that's why the idea was dropped). And honestly, it's weird hat magic; you could just say Mario is humble so all that pops up when he captures something is his moustache, while Bowser is...well, Bowser, and anything he captures takes on many of his traits.

• Thumbs Up 5

I was gonna say, putting an unused design under such scrutiny is pretty unnecessary coz it's like... yeah, the developers agreed it shouldn't be in the game or even developed further than this lol (that Rosie is cool though).  But yeah, these sketches should be treated with the same amount of gravity as the UFOs and Ganondorf in a Metallica t-shirt for Breath of the Wild.  These may have easily come from a similar "throwing-spaghetti-at-the-wall" design phase.

• Thumbs Up 6

Capture rules? There is not such thing in the game. Actually he never tells mario exactly what happens. you just go with it. So im sure different people can affect different things in their own way.

56 minutes ago, JezMM said:

Ganondorf in a Metallica t-shirt for Breath of the Wild.

Say what now???

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Dapper Ridley said:

Say what now???

IIRC, there was a concept for a futuristic cyber-punk version of BOTW which would've had Ganondorf wearing a Metallica shirt (or some variation thereof).

I just find it fucking hilarious that Nintendo ended up with a similar idea entirely independently, only for the fans to latch onto something similar via a completely different method.

... Though I do expect an Odyssey 2 or an expansion utilising a lot of unused ideas. I mean, at this point, a lot of people want more Odyssey, and there's a lot of stuff that didn't get into the final game.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, Jovahexeon Dapper Ridley said:

Say what now???

As ryannumber1gamer said, but again, take it as what it is, just a piece of concept art. The Metallica t-shirt IS particularly funny, but was likely just the artist trying to communicate a modern setting/fashion style by injecting something from the real world into the design (and possibly plugging a band they personally like in the process for authenticity).

• Thumbs Up 2

On 9/28/2018 at 5:01 PM, Cayenne said:

Imo, the real suprise of this SMO art book isn't that sketch with "Bowsette/Ms. Whatever She Is" but this:

DoLpvUyU4AAbk8a.jpg:large

Man, this is a really cool and different design for Rosie here. That mission with Pauline and the band members in New Donk City was probably meant to be hers.

I love that idea. It would've been neat seeing other characters in different settings. Maybe this is something they can revisit in Odyssey 2 (not necessarily this EXACT idea, of course).

• Thumbs Up 3

It seems the Broodals were originally going to be Koopas:

Spoiler

ed45d3430f056df5f3f472739e46bbad.jpeg

(As if they weren't already bargain-bin Koopalings)

Also, casual Pauline:

Spoiler

74d69d8a9d5a825c8036054eff4c544a.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 4

Much as I'm not a fan of the Broodals, I'm glad they're rabbits instead of Koopas. It fits the game's moon theme and helps them stand out.

• 2 weeks later...

The best costume's finally been added, along with three new photo filters!

Only two leaked costumes remain, and considering what two months are left, it's pretty safe to assume which one's next...

• Thumbs Up 1

To celebrate the 1-year anniversary of this world tour, Nintendo's doing a little something for us:

8-bit Coins Extravaganza

8-bit Luigi and 8-bit Captain Toad will appear on the New Donk City Festival “stage” in New Donk City, from October 27th to November 7th. No less than 39 of them will appear, and doing a ground pound attack on them will allow you to earn tons of coins! But why 39, you ask? If because 39 is read as “San” (3 in Japanese) + “kyu” (9 in Japanese)… in other words: Thank You!

8.jpg

It might not be much, but free coins are free coins. (Anything's better than grinding that one bonus stage in Bowser's Castle)

And Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp is getting a Cappy hat*:

a.jpg

c.jpg

*Demonic possession abilities not included

https://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/super-mario-odyssey-1st-anniversary-celebrations-ac-pocket-camp-item-photo-contests-8-bit-luigi-captain-toad-more/