Awoo.

Super Mario Odyssey (October 27, 2017)

Adamabba

@JezMM yeah, me too, damn, it's on my tongue's tip... And it isn't DK64 as I've never played this game. I also recall another game in which the main collectable item is different depending on the CHARACTER you play as... Again, just a cosmetic change.

1 hour ago, Jango said:

There was a game in which, depending of the world you're playing, you collect different stuff, but it's just a cosmetic change, in the end it's just the same "coin"... And by God, I can't remember which game is this...

But hopefully, the different collectibles DO have something to do with the plot/progression.

Probably not what you're thinking of, but the entire Sly Cooper series varies the coin design by world with it not having any bearing on its function through the game. 

• Thumbs Up 2

It's not Sly... This is gonna drive me crazy alright. I'm almost sure tho, that it might be a PS1 game, a 3D platformer maybe. Ah shit, son. I think it was some licensed Disney game...

Uh, only one of the Disney games I owned that did anything close to that was Lilo and Stitch: Trouble in Paradise.

I could check other PS1 Disney games in the meantime though. 

In my head I was always wanting a main series game to connect the franchises in. DK and Wario went their own ways with their most recent games not acknowledging the Mario series.  The fact that New Donk City is bursting with DKC references makes me extremely happy that my wish came true. Here's to the actually DKC characters making some form of cameo in the game.

It would be nice if I understood what the texts next to the 3D means.

I can basically assume they are talking about how Odyssey is a return to the open worlds of 64 and sunshine.

9 minutes ago, Tails spin said:

It would be nice if I understood what the texts next to the 3D means.

I can basically assume they are talking about how Odyssey is a return to the open worlds of 64 and sunshine.

That being said, I don't think you need to understand the text to grasp the concept.

• Thumbs Up 4

22 minutes ago, Athena Cykes said:

That being said, I don't think you need to understand the text to grasp the concept.

No your right. I got the message by looking at the games and what line they were in.

15 hours ago, JayRaR said:

I just need to hear voice acting and see multiple playable characters for Super Mario Odyssey to be truly Sonic Adventure. 

I most certainly wouldn't mind that, buuuut again.....it's you know who...

Luigi would be inevitable but I would KILL to see Wario, Yoshi, & co playable in a game like this!

Don't say inevitable for Luigi. While I would love for him to be in it. Odessey seems to be like Mario 64 and Sunshine games that Luigi wasnt in

True but let's not forget this is a modern time, after all, Nintendo did dedicate a whole year to Green Mario. I don't think they'll care or even notice about that pattern anymore.

• Thumbs Up 4

4 hours ago, God Eater Lenka said:

pseCuAp.jpg

Nintendo released this image recently!

Seeing Nintendo group these games together makes me wonder if Odyssey will have a box art similar to 64's and Sunshine's.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Marcello said:

Seeing Nintendo group these games together makes me wonder if Odyssey will have a box art similar to 64's and Sunshine's.

The circle picture they've got for Odyssey right there would be perfect to use for the boxart too.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm quite iffy about Mario going the route of visiting many different places with completely different aesthetics.  I'd much rather be playing a game that is cohesively rooted in the Mushroom Kingdom.  Plus, it gives me uncanny Mario is Missing vibes.

mario-is-missing_8.png

And screenshots like this just feel extremely uncomfortable.

NintendoSwitch_SuperMarioOdyssey_Present

Still, if it's supposedly going back to the Mario 64 and Sunshine routes, count me in!  I've been craving another Mario adventure of that scale and the Galaxy games honestly haven't been doing it for me.

Main thing of note in this video is that a tower that appears in the "Planet Wisp"-like level seems to be on a billboard in the city level. Wouldn't be surprised if those two took place in the same world at the very least.

You know what? I'm going to predict that the levels in this game will be sorted into "Worlds" like previous Mario games, only this time it will be very literal. Mario'll go to different worlds (universes?) with multiple levels that have some connections with each other but not necessarily with levels from other worlds. Crazy Cap possibly being one constant in every world, maybe?

I'm probably way off (I still think it's possible these just straight up take place on the same planet and they're all so different from each other because Mario's world is wacky like that, which I'm more than okay with), but I'm throwing it out there to see what y'all think.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Athena Cykes said:

According to Liam Roberston, Odyssey is finished and could've been a launch game, but just... isn't?

So.. we have to sit and wait for a complete game? Wonderful 

7 hours ago, Marcello said:

So, I ended up making this last night:
KoUuvSS.jpg

...Hrm, It feels like it's invoking Sonic's pose to me for some reason. Unless that's intentional.

4 minutes ago, Athena Cykes said:

According to Liam Roberston, Odyssey is finished and could've been a launch game, but just... isn't?

Even if it is true(which it likely isn't) there is no benefit in launching it until Fall, because Zelda Is our beginning of the year stability, and they need a huge cornerstone for the fall, when they will really pull people and the public in. Same reason MK8D doesn't come out till april

On 1/13/2017 at 9:37 PM, Sonictrainer said:

C2DRmDfUAAAk4_V.jpg:large

Have fun with this

On 1/13/2017 at 11:30 PM, SweeCrue said:

sonic_adventure_hd_by_sweecrue-davbiu3.j

Well that was fun :lol:

AT this rate, they as well be taunting us with a possible Sonic/Mario crossover.

I mean, wow, each Mario 3d game since World is certainly appearing strongly to take steps of tearing down the apparent barriers between the two as platformers!

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Even if it is true(which it likely isn't) there is no benefit in launching it until Fall, because Zelda Is our beginning of the year stability, and they need a huge cornerstone for the fall, when they will really pull people and the public in. Same reason MK8D doesn't come out till april

The benefit would be having their biggest icon at launch giving those interested another reason to pick one up at launch? It gives consumers more variety to choose from and adds immediate value to the system? It keeps people engagement in the system high instead of it waning until the next major new title to release a few months down since they'll have multiple games to explore from day 1? That's not even going into the fact that there are plenty not that into Zelda. Don't try to act like there's no actual benefit to having a launch lineup that isn't bare bones to many outside Zelda. I get the switch needs constant yearly support, but keeping a already finished game from the public doesn't look well to many. Look at Rayman legends. This is also where 3rd party and indie support would come in handy, keeping people invested until the next flagship exclusive title.(I'm sure Nintendo have a few games they're working on that could release around the time of Odessy)

35 minutes ago, KHCast said:

The benefit would be having their biggest icon at launch giving those interested another reason to pick one up at launch? It gives consumers more variety to choose from and adds immediate value to the system? It keeps people engagement in the system high instead of it waning until the next major new title to release a few months down since they'll have multiple games to explore from day 1? That's not even going into the fact that there are plenty not that into Zelda. Don't try to act like there's no actual benefit to having a launch lineup that isn't bare bones to many outside Zelda. I get the switch needs constant yearly support, but keeping a already finished game from the public doesn't look well to many. Look at Rayman legends. This is also where 3rd party and indie support would come in handy, keeping people invested until the next flagship exclusive title.(I'm sure Nintendo have a few games they're working on that could release around the time of Odessy)

This. So this. I was thinking of getting switch at launch day if there was a Mario title like this, mk8 deluxe or the rumored rabbids x Mario. Heck having a Yoshi or DK game would have made me bite. But I can wait now.

• Thumbs Up 1