Awoo.

Super Mario Odyssey (October 27, 2017)

Adamabba

2 hours ago, SenEDtor Missile said:

...Hrm, It feels like it's invoking Sonic's pose to me for some reason. Unless that's intentional.

sonic.gif

Kinda stretching it, but I can see where you're coming from.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'd be more worried by the idea that they don't anticipate having any other major titles out for Christmas.  I guess there might be Pokemon Stars, but that would be neither first-party nor really a new game...

I guess my worries of it potentially being delayed have been scattered to the far winds then with it being mostly finished at this point (leaving just the general polishing and maybe a couple of revisions if any pop up during development) so Christmas needs to hurry up and get here again so I can get this.

I wonder if they'll spend the extra time polishing it or adding some extra content, or instead start working on another game? It'd be pretty dope if less than a year after Mario Odyssey's release, the same group would announce another huge Nintendo EAD game. A timed release for a Christmas 'second launch' for the Switch could play well with this idea. By the time we finally get our hands on Mario, they're already halfway done with the next big game. Steady, regular, high profile first-party releases. This is what the Wii U needed and I think if my assessment of the situation is correct, we might be getting exactly that.

• Thumbs Up 8

Game of the year for me. No doubt in my mind. 

On 1/17/2017 at 10:43 PM, Indigo Rush said:

I wonder if they'll spend the extra time polishing it or adding some extra content, or instead start working on another game? It'd be pretty dope if less than a year after Mario Odyssey's release, the same group would announce another huge Nintendo EAD game. A timed release for a Christmas 'second launch' for the Switch could play well with this idea. By the time we finally get our hands on Mario, they're already halfway done with the next big game. Steady, regular, high profile first-party releases. This is what the Wii U needed and I think if my assessment of the situation is correct, we might be getting exactly that.

Nintendo EPD Tokyo apparently has four teams now. They're definitely working on another project already. I guarantee your scenario is what Nintendo is banking on. Mario + Pokemon + Retro Studio's new game during the holidays will be a huge win for them, if all goes according to plan.

On 1/17/2017 at 8:07 AM, Celestia said:

http://nintendoeverything.com/super-mario-odyssey-development-is-considerably-finished-various-tidbits/

There's some fun tidbits in here:

......The last bit sounds kind of ominous but I'm like 99% sure they mean you'll just bounce on 'em harmlessly like other non-enemy NPCs in past games.

What if you don't bounce on them harmlessly like NPCs in other games. What if they're more like Wigglers which are mostly harmless unless until you bounce on them.

Lots of people think the "humans" look too realistic and out of place in New Donk City, but what if they have a rage mode where they suddenly turn into Donkey Kong-esque great apes? 

• Thumbs Up 3

So somebody on Reddit posted a theory

_6RO1XGYPSV-We5oMM1MUITfMhKQhyGTQGSHKWgo

Mario's sentient hat is actually a bunny inside kinda like how the Luma from Galaxy would go inside his hat. Also somebody pointed out that the hat makes a noise similar to the Luma-Bunnies from Galaxy. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Gamexplain's finally done their analysis, and man is it LOOONG. Almost an hour and half long to be exact

• Thumbs Up 3

Can't believe I sat through the whoooooooole thing.

Seriously, those GameXplain guys are insane, and I love them for it.

• 3 months later...

Some new footage was found. 

Also the debut trailer has passed 21 million views, making it the second most viewed trailer in Nintendo's history. 

This unquestionably is going to be my game of the year. Nothing even comes close. 

• Thumbs Up 4

• 4 weeks later...

Cannot wait. This is the Mario I was hoping for on Wii U. 3D World is great, but it's Mario flavored Mario. Like eating really good vanilla with no sprinkles or anything.

THIS THOUGH. THIS IS FUCKING FLAVORFUL. A MILLION SCOOPS OF EVERY FLAVOR WITH EVERY TOPPING ON EARTH. THIS IS MARIO 64 ON STEROIDS AND CRACK. AND OCTOBER 27TH CANNOT COME QUICK ENOUGH.

• Thumbs Up 3

So...recap on a few stream elements:

The bunnies are part of Bowser's Wedding Committee, called the Brutals.

You fight them more than once.

AND WE'VE GOT STYLISH AMIIBO HOLY CRAP

sQInOBx.png

• Thumbs Up 4

740.gif

All of that was so good.

The vocal theme song.

The variation in settings and locations.

The hat's ability to possess anything and take on its properties. Never would've guessed.

The adorable interactions with NPCs.

Mario's animations.

The Link Between Worlds-style segments.

All of it is just pure love.

Fuck.

• Thumbs Up 5

Possessing enemies and Mario getting costumes are most positive. Also Mario's hat is a lot more versatile than I thought it'd be, that's just great.

>Vocal theme

>Pauline returns as a mayor

>8-Bit nostalgia done creatively

>New villains with dialogue

>Wedding amiibos of Mario, Peach, and Bowser with pearl-esque finishes

>Becoming a Tyrannosaurus rex

mick2_zpsbf13c170.jpg

I'm so glad I pre-ordered this months ago

• Thumbs Up 1