Awoo.

Super Mario Odyssey (October 27, 2017)

Adamabba

Yoshiaki Koizumi, you are a brilliant, brilliant man and I love you.

• Thumbs Up 1

So thinking back to the first trailer, we had an epic Galaxyesque adventure score.

This time around we got 3D Worldesque jazzy big band now with lyrics cause WE SONIC NOW BITCHES.

This game is gonna have the best of all music worlds.

I was just watching today's stream and the director explained that each world will have some connection to the impending nuptials. In the case of the Planet Wisp-like stage, for example, Bowser and his wedding planners are using the area as a greenhouse (hence the grid overlaying the skybox) for growing flowers. I love how they're tying it all together under one very unique theme. Perhaps the residents of the desert world are providing the band/music?

• Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, Pawn said:

I was just watching today's stream and the director explained that each world will have some connection to the impending nuptials. In the case of the Planet Wisp-like stage, for example, Bowser and his wedding planners are using the area as a greenhouse (hence the grid overlaying the skybox) for growing flowers. I love how they're tying it all together under one very unique theme. Perhaps the residents of the desert world are providing the band/music?

I think the desert world is more that Bowser is using the sun/heat.  Hence why there is ice and it's cold in the desert.

In case you wanted to see the Harriet boss fight on its own, here you go:

I know this isn't saying anything, but Nintendo managed to make a more interesting female villain in these two minutes than Pontac and Graff did in the entirety of Lost World. The way this chick switches (heh) between acting cutesy and maniacal freaks me out!

These new Broodal Bridal guys have my attention!

• Thumbs Up 6

So I got a chance to play this game today and it's a lot of fun. They only had two levels to show off and that was Metro Kingdom(New Donk City) and the Sand Kingdom. Fortunately I was able to play both levels 

Cons

-When I possessed the human in New Donk I had to control his AR car in order to collect the moon but ugh I just can control it to save my life

Pros

-No fall damage

-This game is absolutely beautiful 

-The controls are great for the most part

-You have unlimited lives and your only penalty is losing coins

-Coins have a value this time since you need them to buy stuff

-The 2D sections are actually really fun

There's so much charm and detail in this game I can't wait for it to come out. 

Not having fall damage isn't much of a pro, it was to be expected after seeing them keep the 3 hits from Galaxy...

Fall damage is relatively unnecessary in a game like Mario. Even in Sunshine and 64, NPCs would actively tell you how it could be mitigated easily with a ground pound. Scrapping lives though? Good job. Interesting that both Mario and Sonic would choose to drop that relic of arcade game design at the same time. I particularly like this approach though. It's no easier to die like it is in Forces, but you still want to avoid doing so because you'll lose coins from your wallet. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Investigation Time!

Nintendo released this giant World Map a couple of days ago, attempting to obscure the unrevealed kingdoms:

DCPWde5VYAAhqcH.jpg

Someone went and made an enhanced version:

of0ciae_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Going from there, we can see what looks to be 7 unlabeled landmasses. The mushroom shaped one is obviously the Mushroom Kingdom, so we're guessing that is where you'll start the game. The Metro and Wooded Kingdoms are in between two big, unrevealed continents. The one to the west looks to be shaped like a giant snowflake, while part of the comtinent to the east looks like a giant champagne bottle. To the north of Metro Kingdom, there's a mustache shaped island. There's also palm tree shaped islands to the west of Metro Kingdom. It's also now incredibly obvious that the land mass of Metro Kingdom is mostly based off of the continental US. Lastly, there's a landmass south of Sand Kingdom. So, if we tally the number of revealed kingdoms with the number of unrevealed ones together, that's a total of 13 kingdoms in the game, and that's not counting a potential final level on the moon, which seems to be prominent in every kingdom so far. 

On Treehouse Live, the Nintendo employees emphasized that they were only showcasing " a very small portion" and a narrow silver" of each kingdom. The game's director also stated that there will be "many, many more" things to control and take over beyond what's been shown and that the true scope of the game is far beyond what was shown at E3. 

TL;DR we've barely seen anything of Mario Odessey. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/23/2017 at 2:15 AM, Zippo said:

Investigation Time!

Nintendo released this giant World Map a couple of days ago, attempting to obscure the unrevealed kingdoms:

DCPWde5VYAAhqcH.jpg

Someone went and made an enhanced version:

of0ciae_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Going from there, we can see what looks to be 7 unlabeled landmasses. The mushroom shaped one is obviously the Mushroom Kingdom, so we're guessing that is where you'll start the game. The Metro and Wooded Kingdoms are in between two big, unrevealed continents. The one to the west looks to be shaped like a giant snowflake, while part of the comtinent to the east looks like a giant champagne bottle. To the north of Metro Kingdom, there's a mustache shaped island. There's also palm tree shaped islands to the west of Metro Kingdom. It's also now incredibly obvious that the land mass of Metro Kingdom is mostly based off of the continental US. Lastly, there's a landmass south of Sand Kingdom. So, if we tally the number of revealed kingdoms with the number of unrevealed ones together, that's a total of 13 kingdoms in the game, and that's not counting a potential final level on the moon, which seems to be prominent in every kingdom so far. 

On Treehouse Live, the Nintendo employees emphasized that they were only showcasing " a very small portion" and a narrow silver" of each kingdom. The game's director also stated that there will be "many, many more" things to control and take over beyond what's been shown and that the true scope of the game is far beyond what was shown at E3. 

TL;DR we've barely seen anything of Mario Odessey. 

I keep having this idea that DK appears as an ally in a boss battle and you can throw the hat onto DK to take capture him as well to help fight the boss. Maybe in a future Metro Kingdom boss (not the Mecha Wiggler we've seen already).

9 minutes ago, JaidynReiman said:

I keep having this idea that DK appears as an ally in a boss battle and you can throw the hat onto DK to take capture him as well to help fight the boss. Maybe in a future Metro Kingdom boss (not the Mecha Wiggler we've seen already).

Somebody had an idea that for a Bowser boss fight in New Donk City you capture DK and it's pretty much a parody of King Kong vs Godzilla. 

• 3 weeks later...

They made Mario Odessey posts all week for some strange reason. 

A new direct is looking likely soon so i wonder if that's a lead into this week. 

2 hours ago, Zippo said:

3.png

Pauline promotinal art. 

Man I really hope we see more of Pauline after Odyssey instead of just putting her in the Mario vs Donkey Kong games.

10 hours ago, Zippo said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/887009241764069376

A couple seconds of new footage. They've been tweeting details about the game for the past week. It's rather interesting. 

They've been doing that for a while on the Japan and UK Nintendo twitters. Now the NoA twitter suddenly decided to catch up.

Here's more gameplay footage from Gamexplain 

On 7/17/2017 at 9:22 PM, Dejimon11 said:

Man I really hope we see more of Pauline after Odyssey instead of just putting her in the Mario vs Donkey Kong games.

DLC for MK8 calling it