Here's some artbook dumps, with even more amusing details covered:

- More Cappy designs

- The earlier Marioish Metro Kingdom is called "Marihattan" 

- Early poses with an older Mario model and placeholder Cappy eyes

- Bird and Koopaling Broodals

- Bowser's Winged Pimp Ride

- Bigger Toad Town 

- More Marioish humanoids

- Egypt and Ice Age levels (Odyssey 2 should revisit this time travel angle)

-  Ruined Dragon was once a humanoid

- Volbonans' disturbing diet

- A countdown sequence (Was this for the midnight launch?)

- And Marionette, of course

• Thumbs Up 1

Happy 1st anniversary, Odyssey!

(Guess Mario and Peach's wedding hats can exist independently of the Bonneton siblings)

Still in the friendzone, forevermore. Nice to finally see Pauline in this artstyle, though!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

I really hope they announce an expansion pass or make a sequel. Odyssey has opened so many oportunities for the developer's Creative muscles. They could even bring old worlds into the fray, from a Mario game or not. Like Diamond City. I just hope they don't discard everything Odyssey brought to the table when it comes to worldbuilding.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

The final two datamined costumes are now available!

DskY5WDXoAAWv6t.jpg

The Santa suit will set you back 1500 coins, but the 8-bit costume goes for 9999. Thanks heavens Luigi's here now to save us from grinding in Bowser's Castle!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Some cool drafts for the cover art from the artbook. The first one is very curious because the logo is kinda similar to the one used with Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 7 months later...

This is the best Mario game to date. Easily surpasses Mario 64 and Galaxy. After the bland and mediocre 3D Land and 3D World titles, I was concerned. I hope they stick to this direction while continuing to evolve the style. This was a system seller for me. Might try to 100% the game

I would not say it's better than 64 or Galaxy (they were very innovative) but, I have had equal fun with Odyssey, and it's definitely more 3D exploration oriented with world building and fun trivia. Also does a lot of new things with Mario, power-ups were more innovative than Galaxy for sure.

I wish there were more game slots so I could replay it from the beginning and not lose any data, a la Galaxy. Sad...

2 hours ago, Tangled Jack said:

I wish there were more game slots so I could replay it from the beginning and not lose any data, a la Galaxy. Sad...

A number of games these days have this really silly limitation of tying one save file to a profile. I don't know why so many developers do it, but it's standard practice. You just need to create another profile on you Switch and start a new file on there.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Tangled Jack said:

I would not say it's better than 64 or Galaxy (they were very innovative) but, I have had equal fun with Odyssey, and it's definitely more 3D exploration oriented with world building and fun trivia. Also does a lot of new things with Mario, power-ups were more innovative than Galaxy for sure.

Go into data management in the game's menu.  There are some extra save slots there 

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder Mario and Peach were actually getting married in the sequel soon? I want Nintendo let Mario and Peach to get married soon after end of the first Super Mario Odyssey where Peach ditches Mario and Bowser to not marry either them. Son of a bitch. I like to see Mario and Peach will have a actual wedding at end of the sequel this time NOT A FUCKING TWIST ENDING UNLIKE FIRST ONE.

• 3 weeks later...