Awoo.

Super Mario Odyssey (October 27, 2017)

Adamabba

23 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Might be. It's hard to tell but they look skeletal to me. They've got spooky eyes at least.

9WK5StX.png

They might be Dry Bones, actually; the head shape looks kinda similar. I wouldn't bet money on it though.

Nah, they're definitely not Dry Bones.  Dry Bones skulls have Koopa Troopa beaks (...for obvious reasons), but these guys seem to have a more humanoid skull thing going on.

At first, I thought the green one was supposed to be a cactus, or maybe like a Shy Guy, but not that I've been looking a bit more, what I thought was a mouth hole is probably a nose hole.  They're definitely skeletal.

4 minutes ago, G-Force said:

Nah, they're definitely not Dry Bones.  Dry Bones skulls have Koopa Troopa beaks (...for obvious reasons), but these guys seem to have a more humanoid skull thing going on.

At first, I thought the green one was supposed to be a cactus, or maybe like a Shy Guy, but not that I've been looking a bit more, what I thought was a mouth hole is probably a nose hole.  They're definitely skeletal.

You know what they actually sort of look like they could be Dull Bones. It'd be cool to see Mario enemies that aren't traditionally in the main games.

150px-Dull_Bones_-_Paper_Mario_The_Thous

17 minutes ago, Strong Guy said:

You know what they actually sort of look like they could be Dull Bones. It'd be cool to see Mario enemies that aren't traditionally in the main games.

150px-Dull_Bones_-_Paper_Mario_The_Thous

Yeah these are the ones I was thinking of. I can't tell for sure if the new guys have that sort of snout or if they've got flatter humanoid faces though.

• Thumbs Up 1

A neat (but very unlikely) thought just occurred to me: what if this next game goes back to Sarasaland? It had regions based on Egypt and China and such, so having a Mexico-based region would make sense if Super Mario Land didn't explore all of it.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Diogenes said:

Might be. It's hard to tell but they look skeletal to me. They've got spooky eyes at least.

9WK5StX.png

They might be Dry Bones, actually; the head shape looks kinda similar. I wouldn't bet money on it though.

Green one looks like a cactus person to me.

I'm all for new Mario. It seems like there's a lot of ice for a desert world. Maybe only a certain type of thing can melt it, or it's like in Sonic Generations where the more we do within the world the more it regains its naturalness.

• 2 months later...

God damn it Bowser... Leave Peach alone... go kidnap some fairies or something man, just leave the princess alone. It's been done to death.

Mario getting to roll like Sonic is probably the best feature in the game, it's about time the inspiration train went in reverse for these two.

The game looks really cool.

The beginning of the trailer reminds me of Sonic Adventure. In a city, taxi driving by, then a manhole cover starts shaking. I honestly thought it was SA HD for a moment.

• Thumbs Up 3

The city is called New Donk City. I think it's important that you all know that.

Anyway game looks great. Can't say I was pushing for a return to the SM64/Sunshine style of levels, but I'm not bothered by them. Game looks gorgeous, and I'm sure it'll be as solid and fun as always.

• Thumbs Up 5

This game is looking incredible! I think I just might enjoy everything about it even before release! I just can't wait to see more!

C2BykYgUUAIEI22.jpgSonic_Colors_Planet_Wisp_(13).jpg

Oh, and speaking of Sonic...

• Thumbs Up 6

Looks absolutely amazeballs. So much new (and in many cases, unexpected) stuff and Bowser with a pimp hat. Plus, the fact that we'll have a game as awesome-looking as this one within the first year of Switch makes me even giddier. 

Also, to go along with the "New Donk City" name of that realistic location, people have also spotted numerous Donkey Kong references on the signs and such. Stuff like Diddy's Mart, Dixie Street, and even a nod to K. Rool! VERY unexpected but appreciated fanservice. Never would've thought there'd be this much DK love in a main 3D Mario game. XD

Holy shit this game looks so bizarre crazy and over the top I love it. I'm gonna be honest Mario has gotten stale lately and this game is the type of breath of fresh air that the franchise really needed. I'm definitely getting this game. Also looks like this game is getting a rival. 

C2Bj3FHVEAE_fGu.jpg

"New Donk City"

...someone needs to be fired for that one given what that word actually means. It's almost like Mario's version of Sonic's "Genocide city" when they started making names.

• New Donk Ciy
  • Has Diddy Cafe, Dixie Street, other DK references
  • Realistic NY City

Hope the boss fight is a realistic King Kong style DK.

• Thumbs Up 4

New Donk City was actually starting to gain more territory as it moved into the surrounding ares.

Part of an operation known as Expand Donk City.

• Thumbs Up 8

That trailer was full to the brim with so much fresh, new, exciting stuff! Every time I wonder how the Mario crew can outdo themselves or come up with something new, dag nabbit, they ALWAYS deliver. I can't WAIT to see GameXplain's analysis video on this one.

Why oh why do I have to wait till the holiday season, though? I can't handle the awesomeness of a new 3D Mario AND Sonic game at the same time!

• Thumbs Up 4