Awoo.

According to Sega's Twitter, they don't hold the rights to SatAM

Phos

And that is exactly why it wouldn't work. The comics particularly are far too complex for such simple mechanics.

I've been following the comics for a good while now, and I still don't see how anything else could possibly be needed in a comic based game other than:

Sonic runs really fast through:

Neo Mobotropolis

Random forest #3475

Random city #10,475

Angel Island green zone (in fact, with Angel island there, that's some 6/7 zones right there!)

Desert level #9001

Eggman Base #42

If you wanna get classy, add the cosmic interstate.

Hell, you can even do Special Stages by traveling to the Zone of Silence or whatever. Sprinkle a boss battle here and there and at the end of the day, Eggman ends up being the final boss. A grand Super Sonic fight isn't even necessary.

The other characters HARDLY need to be anything other than cutscene fluff. If you have to do other characters, pick out the skilled ones. You got Tails and Knuckles, Amy's there, the whole of team Dark, Bunnie and Julie-Su could lend to some interesting gameplay as well.

If you REALLY wanna get cheeky, use the Moebius characters for some kind of freaky SA2/Sonic Rush style game. That guarantees speedy gameplay right there!

Of course, this is all in theory. I think we should all know SEGA would screw up the execution to hell and back. However, let's just ignore that aspect, and pretend they can program their way out of a paper bag.

Maybe I should make a new thread for this, but either way, I REALLY don't think it has to be as complicated as you're making it out to be.

Make SatAM part of the cannon? More useless characters! Just what Sonic needed!

I think it's pretty fair to say that no one knows what Sonic needs at this point, not even Sega.

Edited by Aquaslash

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Miko

• Flyboy Fox

• Greg the Fancat

• Blazey Firekitty

So what's the point of it being based off the comics if it isn't any different?

And I can deffinitly say that Sonic doesn't need more worthless characters.

Edited by Phos

I think it's pretty fair to say that no one knows what Sonic needs at this point, not even Sega.

So are you trying to say that we should have millions of unneeded characters that hinder the existence of the main character's importance even more? People should want a Sonic game for Sonic, not Princess Mary Sue #4000, Cyborg Redneck, Useless Tails, Walrus Tails, and French Stereotype. Don't forget Mr. Evil Pollutionman throwing Eggman out.

So what's the point of it being based off the comics if it isn't any different?

Honestly, aside from storyline nonsense and different background characters, how would you expect it to be any different?

At the end of the day, it's still gonna be about Sonic running fast to save the world from a tryannical fat man. Everything else is, always has been, and always will be background noise.

So are you trying to say that we should have millions of unneeded characters that hinder the existence of the main character's importance even more? People should want a Sonic game for Sonic, not Princess Mary Sue #4000, Cyborg Redneck, Useless Tails, Walrus Tails, and French Stereotype. Don't forget Mr. Evil Pollutionman throwing Eggman out.

While I agree that there's nothing to be gained by trying to fit that set of characters into the current series (Sonic and Tails would have to have character transplants, to begin with), there's nothing inherently wrong with that cast. They are merely Western stereotypes, whereas most of the current Sonic cast are Japanese stereotypes (angry fists guy, passionate girl with mallet, broody anti-hero etc).

Yeah, you're right Flyboy, although those stereotypes arguably screwed up the modern franchise anyways, because the characters you listed (besides Shadow) didn't originally start off like that; they were flanderized later on to become those things and fit the bill of the Japanese stereotype. It's like they devolved over time. =P

Edited by Black Ranger Azukara

Honestly, aside from storyline nonsense and different background characters, how would you expect it to be any different?

At the end of the day, it's still gonna be about Sonic running fast to save the world from a tryannical fat man. Everything else is, always has been, and always will be background noise.

The comic usually involves a lot more physical combat than the games.

..but then also notice that inserting the comic / SatAM stuff into the mix will also insert stories highly revolved around the said characters, and long ongoing conversations about the Acorn Family Kingdom, love traingles, Echidna family revalations and a robot wanting to be human. It'd be like 6 or 7 cutscenes at a time before you even get to the next objective, and each of those cutscenes would be about 3 or 4 minutes long in theirselves, also it being notable that only 1 or 2 of those cutscenes would feature anything relating to Sonic.

Just add a boss battle or two.

Really.

Unless I'm mistaken, basically every action scene in the comics is a fight scene of some sort. There are no action scenes of Sonic navigating his way across uninhabited areas.