Awoo.

Pixar In A Box: The new 3D Tutorial Series From Pixar & Khan Academy

PickleBrows

ff01460fb6e2264d5ed117712055e458dc67d26c

"Pixar in a Box is a behind-the-scenes look at how Pixar artists do their jobs. You will be able to animate bouncing balls, build a swarm of robots, and make virtual fireworks explode. The subjects you learn in school — math, science, computer science, and humanities — are used every day to create amazing movies at Pixar. This collaboration between Pixar Animation Studios and Khan Academy is sponsored by Disney."

So yeah, basically these guys have come together and created a series of guides and tutorials covering a fairly wide range of 3D areas; from modelling, to rigging, to effects and seemingly all of it is hosted by people from Pixar. They've even got some of the Inside Out guys on board so there's bound to be something great in here!

I've only watched their introduction video so far before making this, but I'd recommend that everybody interested in this field get in on this as soon as you can!

https://www.khanacademy.org/partner-content/pixar

• Thumbs Up 9

Oh man I gotta show Sammy this. Will they have any tutorials on Blender? Since that is the program he uses.

23 minutes ago, Mightyray said:

Oh man I gotta show Sammy this. Will they have any tutorials on Blender? Since that is the program he uses.

These "tutorials" are really more theory based than anything else so technically, yes, he'll be able to apply any knowledge he learns.

Pixar use their own custom software for animation so it makes sense that they wouldn't be doing walkthrough tutorials in the same way you'd find on YouTube. You'll want to find other sources to learn how to do something in your chosen software but these Pixar tutorials should strengthen your knowledge of the whats and whys of these areas.

• Thumbs Up 1

As someone super interested in animation, well, I'm signing the heck up!