Awoo.

Analyzing Archie's "House of Cards" and our opinions of it

Jhreamer

On 27.10.2016 at 0:07 AM, Dr. Chaotix said:

I'm also someone who thinks Archie Sonic is a bigger jerk in general then any of his other counterparts, so my sense of disdain for him was rather heightened when it reached this part too. Perhaps that's more my own personal bias creeping in.

Even bigger than Fleetway Sonic?

And yes. HoC was a big missed opportunity because Pellerito (who was the editor at the time) forced Flynn to cut this arc down to a two parter. I would have loved to read Ian's original vision. What could have been...

7 hours ago, Dr. Chaotix said:

Haven't read it so I wouldn't know.

Well, from what little I've read, Archie Sonic is far more moderate than Fleetway Sonic in terms of that attitude. Heck, Sonic in HoC was the closest you could compare the two, and even then that was just the brief moment where he said "Tails practically worships me! He'll get over it."

• 3 years later...

Honestly, I found this story to be a bit odd.  I mean while I was interested in the idea about Sonic and Tails actually fighting each other, the way it was handled in this story was a bit forced and so out there.  Like for one thing, why would Tails' parents suddenly want to go up against the king when they were loyal to him before?

Also, the reason why Tails and Sonic were fighting (because Sonic had dated Fiona and Tails was upset about that) felt so underwhelming to me.  I would have thought that the reason why Sonic and Tails were fighting each other was because of how they both felt about Tails' parents starting this revolution against the king.  To me, that would have been a better reason for Sonic and Tails to start fighting each other because at least it had something to do with the plot at the moment.

I think that the story would have been much better if Sonic and Tails were fighting each other because Tails was upset at what Sonic had said about his parents (saying that because Tails grew up with him and "worshipped" him, he should be able to forget about what happened to his parents).  That was pretty much a terrible thing for Sonic to say and maybe Tails would have thought that Sonic didn't view him as a friend and didn't considered his feelings about the whole thing.  And this would probably be a wake up call for Sonic and he probably would have realized how badly he treated Tails all those years.

• Thumbs Up 1