Awoo.

Sonic Mania: Tails and Knuckles gameplay in Mirage Saloon Zone!

Detective Kaito

Just now, Mayor D said:

WTF! Out of nowhere!

I know, right? I was so surprised seeing this in my Subscriptions. XD

Although simultaneously it's technically not new art; it's just 32-bit recreations of their existing renders. 

31 minutes ago, Place said:

DesertDazzle_CW.jpg
rWrrJ.png

It's uncanny.

_20161026_123603.JPG

It also has a touch of Sonic Advance 2 with the pianos which is really cool. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Tails and Knuckles's animations are insanely charming. The new zone looks great too and I'm glad we finally get to see what "Desert Dazzle" was supposed to be.

• Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

I question whether the Knuckles one is right because that looks completely different to me. 

Yeah, that one's not a match at all. It doesn't really resemble any art that I can think of, so while I wouldn't be surprised if someone dug up some old art of him in that pose, at the moment I'm assuming it's new.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Dantemustdie00 said:

Glad to have a another Western Desert level, the only other one I believe is the one from Rivals 2.

Don't Rail Canyon and Bullet Station from Heroes count in that regard, in a way, actually?

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, TimmiT said:

KkQkPYZ.gif

lObBR0q.gif

But he looks so cute! <3 

I am really excited! It is a nice cleaned up taste of the original style and gameplay! I can't wait to spend time playing through these levels! 

Edited by Knucklesgirl_is_Applepie
My phone always changes is to isn't ...
  • Thumbs Up 3

We finally get to see Tails and Knuckles sprites in action. I just really love their animations, they're just as beautiful as Sonic's. :wub:

8 hours ago, Place said:

DesertDazzle_CW.jpg
rWrrJ.png

It's uncanny.

Looks like Desert Dazzle got retooled into Mirage Saloon Zone. It looks pretty dope along with that sweet track.

Oh another thing, Is this the first time for a Sonic game to have a wild west themed zone, or is was there one that I wasn't aware of?

• Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, Haunted Pipe said:

Oh another thing, Is this the first time for a Sonic game to have a wild west themed zone, or is was there one that I wasn't aware of?

Rivals 2 had Frontier Canyon Zone. I think there was one in one of the Riders games, too, iirc.

It's a pretty uncommon theme, so I'm happy that we're getting Mirage Saloon. Looks pretty cool.

2 minutes ago, Mister X said:

Rivals 2 had Frontier Canyon Zone. I think there was one in one of the Riders games, too, iirc.

Oh, you're right! I almost forgot about that. Oh yeah, I believe it was Rocky Ridge, right?

Just now, Haunted Pipe said:

Oh, you're right! I almost forgot about that. Oh yeah, I believe it was Rocky Ridge, right?

Yeah, that's the one. From Free Riders, I think.

1 hour ago, Haunted Pipe said:

We finally get to see Tails and Knuckles sprites in action. I just really love their animations, they're just as beautiful as Sonic's. :wub:

Looks like Desert Dazzle got retooled into Mirage Saloon Zone. It looks pretty dope along with that sweet track.

Sonic 2 had a scrapped desert zone. 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, TimmiT said:

KkQkPYZ.gif

lObBR0q.gif

I gotta say, something about that animation I don't like. Might be the eyes bulging out. But eh...