Awoo.

The Sonic Video Archive Project Thread (Yes, it's still alive)

AstroSeedP

spacer.png

"CGI, Abandoned Video Cameras, Super Sonic Hedgehog Combat... Oh My!"

Welcome to the Sonic Video Archive project thread.

About Us:
The Sonic Video Archive is a project dedicated to cataloging and archiving Sonic the Hedgehog promotional video marketing media from throughout the franchise's history for future preservation. We plan to provide the largest library of Sonic trailers, TV spots, and more. With a large portion of our content being source files, we can ensure that you will receive them in the highest quality available.

Archive Drive:
The official Google Drive for the project, view and download our library here.

Twitter Page:
The official Twitter page for the project, follow for updates and regular content posts.

YouTube Channel:
The official YouTube channel for the project, currently inactive.

Website (Coming Soon):
The official website for the project, under construction.

spacer.png

Note: Files can be uploaded, updated, or removed at any moment.

Original Post:

Spoiler

CK3BXmd.png

"CGI, Abandoned Video Cameras, Super Sonic Hedgehog Combat... Oh My!"

Welcome to the Sonic Video Archive project topic.

About:
The Sonic Video Archive is a project dedicated to the archiving of Sonic The Hedgehog videos for the purpose of preservation. We plan to provide the largest library of Sonic trailers, TV spots, interviews, and more. With a large portion of our content being original files, we can ensure that you will be receiving them in the highest video quality available.
The official website for the project, not set to launch until 2021. This is where, in the future, you'll be able to view and download the files in a gallery-like format. (Not optimized for mobile)
Temporary Download Folder:
The temporary download folder for the project. This is where you'll be able to view and download the files until the launch of the website.
YouTube Channel:
The official YouTube channel for the project. This channel is dedicated to hosting a small sample of the Sonic Video Archive library.

fVkUYJK.png

Note: Files can be uploaded, updated, or removed at any moment. Files will also not necessarily be uploaded in chronological order.

• Thumbs Up 9

Update:

• Cleaned-up for better presentation.
  • Renamed & replaced files to have an organized system.
  • Replaced files with better quality versions in the Sonic Colors section.
  • Added files to the Sonic Generations section.
  • Added a section for Sonic Lost World.

Cool project. I can't wait to see what else you have to add to this collection of stuff.

Though, do you have a backup plan in case the videos get taken down for copyright or something?

1 hour ago, Mad Convoy said:

Cool project. I can't wait to see what else you have to add to this collection of stuff.

Though, do you have a backup plan in case the videos get taken down for copyright or something?

Currently don't have another place to host them, but I keep all the original files anyways. I don't think i'd have to worry though considering that SEGA never takes them down from YouTube.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update Warning:

Just as a heads-up, I will be updating all/almost all the videos since I've found a way to make them play fine on all players, not just VLC. They may still contain some Sofdec problems, but it's the closest it'll be to perfect. I apologize for those who have downloaded some of the videos already but things like this can happen, just don't expect this to be the last time since new methods might appear.

Thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1

Unleashed Update:

• Videos have been replaced and added to the "Sonic Unleashed Trailers" section
  • Videos have been replaced and added to the "Sonic Unleashed Cutscenes" section

UnWiished Update:

• Section for "Sonic Unleashed Wii Cutscenes" has been added
  • Videos have been added to the "Sonic Unleashed Wii Cutscenes" section
  • Videos have been added to the "Sonic Unleashed Trailers" section

I updated this on Retro so might as well do it here too.

CK3BXmd.png

Introducing, the Sonic Video Archive website:
https://www.sonicvideoarchive.org

It's currently still under construction, however, this is where pretty much everything related to this project is going to end up at once it launches in 2021.

A temporary download folder and a new YouTube channel are also here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Poy2upW_47Vt_fGidhNqFKg8qNusqXIm?usp=sharing
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ6yoe9MtK58uGLkXS7LQcg

The download folder is where you'll be able to view and download the files until the launch of the website, where they'll be moved to afterward.
The YouTube channel is just a place to view a sample of our library.

Stuff from Sonic Unleashed, Colors, Generations, Lost World, Mania, Forces, and Mania Plus are on there already. I'll be constantly updating it though, expect Sonic film stuff pretty soon.

I explain a bit more in the OP, but you are welcome to ask any questions regarding the project, I'd be delighted to explain more.
If you are looking for a specific video you are also welcome to request it, I'll look to see if I have it and will upload it as soon as I can if I do.

It's been a while, but things are finally moving along.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so while I'm getting all the movie video files ready let's do something different.

I have uploaded a collection of PDFs related to the movie.

Yes, PDFs... I know this is the Sonic VIDEO Archive but I will occasionally upload other things too.

Have a look through them and also please let me know if I'm missing any.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1ej9_n_W3JOdNEqYJxWNZbwVNc3Kczb5y

• The title was changed to The Sonic Video Archive Project Thread (Yes, it's still alive)

Hello again, I kinda left this thread abandoned but after thinking about it I decided to finally give it an update.

For those wondering, yes, this project is still very much alive.
In fact, it's been very active in the lead-up to Frontiers.
(Remember the leaks that were found due to the name "Rangers" being in the metadata of the teaser? That was our file.)

So, on to the updates.

The archive drive has been ever-growing, as mentioned, plenty of Frontiers content has been added.
Browse through and see what files interest you.

Most importantly, this year we launched our Twitter page:

spacer.png

We've been making regular content posts, showcasing many videos and files from our library.
This is where most of our updates will be relayed, so give it a follow and share to help the project.

Keep in mind, while we constantly upload files to the drive, we'll only post about relevant/noteworthy new uploads.
Otherwise, we do spotlight random files throughout the week.

The YouTube channel and website are still up, however, those have been a low priority.
Updates to those will be slow at the moment.

To those who have been following the project and continue to do so, thank you.
This project continues to be taxing on storage space and, in some cases, money as well but I feel like it's all worth it in the end.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've never heard of you guys before and I'm glad I've just found you on here. I'm gonna check you guys out and sounds really Interesting 🤔 as well. 

18 hours ago, sonicclaasic said:

I've never heard of you guys before and I'm glad I've just found you on here. I'm gonna check you guys out and sounds really Interesting 🤔 as well. 

Thanks, and hope you will.

The project's been around since 2016 but admittedly has had more presence in the past year.

One thing I hope to do is to create more engagement around it. It's nice being able to talk about it with others.

1 hour ago, AstroSeedP said:

Thanks, and hope you will.

The project's been around since 2016 but admittedly has had more presence in the past year.

One thing I hope to do is to create more engagement around it. It's nice being able to talk about it with others.

Your very welcome I wish you the very best on this amazing Sonic project 😊

• Fist Bump 1

I've been currently on a search for a few files related to Unleashed.

I'm actually unsure they even exist so I'd like some help to at least confirm if they did.
Here are the details:

First off, an HD SoA press file for the first Unleashed trailer:

This was the first "official" trailer released on April 3rd after SEGA confirmed the game's existence.
All uploads were of low quality, including the European press file.

However, this upload from SEGA of America in June suggests an HD version of the trailer was also made.
I'm inclined to say that the file wasn't given out, but I did find a copy with the filename of "New_Trailer_Lo.mov"
It's dated April 2nd, so it seems to have come straight from SoA, and the name suggests that there may be a hi-res version.

Secondly, an HD press file for the Werehog teaser trailer:

This was first released by LMC, and like before, was uploaded in SD.

But later that year, there were some uploads in HD:

Lastly, an HD European press file for the Spagonia trailer:

This is a weird one because SEGA's current press site does have this for download, but it's corrupted.
It's only 19MB and it won't play:

spacer.png

I do have a WMV of the SoA version, and the 360p MOV for the SoE one as well...
But I want to know if this file was ever functional or if it's always been broken.

I do have other Unleashed press trailers I'm looking for, mainly some of the Wii ones, but these are the priority at the moment.
If anyone can help, thanks.