Awoo.

Artwork: Knick, Clunk, and Treela: Cartoon Series Concept

SpongicX

Big Update!

All 20 pages of episode 9 are now available. - https://spongicx.deviantart.com/gallery/65482019/Knick-Knack-The-Squirrel-Episode-9

More concept art
stay_back__by_spongicx-dc17117.jpgmoving_on_by_spongicx-dc1a914.jpgrun__run___run____by_spongicx-dc1a9cu.jpblazing_through_by_spongicx-dc1cr0p.jpgwhere_are_we__by_spongicx-dc1crdc.jpgit_s_all_dying_by_spongicx-dc1e4ev.jpgwhat_is_that_thing___by_spongicx-dc1e4vfwatch_where_you_re_going__by_spongicx-dcare_we_there_yet___by_spongicx-dc1lt96.jif_only_things_could_stay_this_way_by_sp

An animated GIF of Knick messing with his fire powers 
flaming_fists_by_spongicx-dc1ifnd.gif

What if Knick were a cartoon from the 1930s?

knack_from_the_past_by_spongicx-dc1hfqd.

I'm not gonna deny that Sonic the Hedgehog was a major inspiration for Knick Knack, so here's a picture showing Knick, Treela, and Clunk as Sonic characters, in an art style similar to Sonic Adventure

knick_sonic_style_by_spongicx-dc1hg5e.jp

• Thumbs Up 2

I've got a lot of new concept art

i_hear_someone_coming_by_spongicx-dc1pdxlet_s_get_out_of_here__by_spongicx-dc1riyou_can_t_give_up_by_spongicx-dc1riyd.jpget_away_from_her__by_spongicx-dc1srrh.jknick_and_treela_valentine_2018_by_spongcracked_clunk_by_spongicx-dc1vm1k.jpgi_ve_got_a_bad_feeling_about_this_by_spoclunked_clunk_by_spongicx-dc1vmgi.jpgsurprised_treela_by_spongicx-dc1vmmh.jpgtreela_and_spiggle_by_spongicx-dc1vms0.jarmored_clunk_by_spongicx-dc1y8hw.jpgwe_still_have_each_other_by_spongicx-dc1good_night_treela_by_spongicx-dc1y9a3.jpsandstorm_by_spongicx-dc203fk.jpgit_thinks_i_m_its_mommy_by_spongicx-dc20do_you_need_help__by_spongicx-dc203zp.jpwhat_s_that_overhead__by_spongicx-dc2044these_directions_make_no_sense__by_sponghappy_to_see_me__by_spongicx-dc204d4.jpg3_2_1_go__by_spongicx-dc204jx.jpg

I've also got a new art compilation video.

“Knick Knack the Squirrel” is a series concept created by, and property of Clint Welding/SpongicX

• Thumbs Up 1

electric_grind_by_spongicx-dc3wscp.jpgwhat_s_happening_by_spongicx-dc3wsln.jpgwhere_am_i__by_spongicx-dc40bqv.jpgtreela_waiting_by_spongicx-dc42hx6.jpg
treela_reaching_by_spongicx-dc42i6f.jpgcrazy_knick_by_spongicx-dc42ic5.jpg

Knick Knack the Squirrel” is a series concept created by, and property of Clint Welding/SpongicX 

https://spongicx.deviantart.com/gallery/60289357/Knick-Knack-the-Squirrel

Wow... It hasn't even been 2 full months yet, yet I've already made and uploaded over 150 new pieces of artwork in 2018!...

Edited by SpongicX
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yes, I'm aware my art can vary. One minute I'm drawing something funny or cute, the next minute, I'm drawing something terrifying.

scorpneon_in_the_sky_by_spongicx-dc607lhshow_me_what_you_got__by_spongicx-dc607woh_shoot_____by_spongicx-dc62b9r.jpgi_have_something_to_tell_you__by_spongicdragon_attack_by_spongicx-dc65s6x.jpgalright__we_get_it_____by_spongicx-dc65sdarxin_chase_by_spongicx-dc67gbs.jpgplease_be_ok____by_spongicx-dc67gn6.jpgtogether_we_can_do_this__by_spongicx-dc6i_don_t_know_if_i_can_do_this_by_spongicwho_me__by_spongicx-dc6ao6t.jpg

I recently got Moho Studio, and have been messing around with it lately. I still need a lot of work to improve on. Anyways, I decided to go through some previous art I made of Knick Knack the Squirrel, and modified it to look animated. 
please_be_ok____gif_by_spongicx-dc6y397.treela_waiting_gif_by_spongicx-dc6y3qw.g
happy_clunk_by_spongicx-dc6y3yy.gifbirdserk_gif_by_spongicx-dc6y4dt.gif

It may be cliche, but I've always loved the idea of heroes having an evil clone or doppleganger of themselves. There's always been a charm about a hero's greatest challenge literally being themselves. I thought I would make some concept art for some evil clones of Knick, Clunk, and Treela.

knick_vs_dark_knick_by_spongicx-dc6kx5l.treela_vs_dark_treela_by_spongicx-dc6kxaclunk_vs_dark_clunk_by_spongicx-dc6kxfw.so_excited__by_spongicx-dc6nyfj.jpgoh__you_have_crossed_the_line__by_spongiknick_faces_by_spongicx-dc6nyqh.jpg

“Knick Knack the Squirrel” is a series concept created by, and property of Clint Welding/SpongicX

• Thumbs Up 1

Those animations are pretty cool. Keep up the good work.

• Thumbs Up 1

https://spongicx.deviantart.com/gallery/66067610/Knick-Knack-the-Squirrel-Episode-11
knick_knack_the_squirrel_episode_11_page

The first 14 pages of episode 11 are now available. 

In this episode, a crazy seagull named Gig Gull kidnaps Treela, and wants to use her electricity as a power source for a cloning machine. It's up to Treela and her friends to find a way to bust her free.   

This has honestly been the most fun I've had in making a comic for a while.  I feel like like this issue has funnier interactions than my previous issues. I thought it would be fun to have Knick, Clunk, and Treela facing a sillier villain for once.

Here's more concept art and animated gifs. 
what_are_we_gonna_do_by_spongicx-dc7djaehow_are_you_doing_by_spongicx-dc7dji9.gihyper_clunk_by_spongicx-dc7djqj.gifi_m_really_angry__by_spongicx-dc7h8yp.jpfear_me__by_spongicx-dc7h937.jpgdidn_t_see_that_coming____by_spongicx-dcgig_gull_by_spongicx-dc7h9da.jpgsomething_s_not_right_here_by_spongicx-dtreela_disturbed_concept_art_by_spongicx

• Thumbs Up 1

All 21 pages for Episode 11 are now available. 

https://spongicx.deviantart.com/gallery/66067610/Knick-Knack-the-Squirrel-Episode-11

The first 9 pages of Episode 12 are now available, while the rest is still being worked on.

https://spongicx.deviantart.com/gallery/66108089/Knick-Knack-the-Squirrel-Episode-12

Episode 12 is about Knick and Treela going on a date at a mall, while Clunk tries finding a back pack. 

Anyone who has been to a Spencer's Store might get the joke below.

Knick Knack the Squirrel Episode 12 Page 9

Here's some new concept art, including Clunk with a back pack.
clunk_s_backpack_by_spongicx-dc80lr9.jpgwait_what_by_spongicx-dc80md3.jpg

Some preview pages from episode 12. I tried cranking the humor up a bit in this episode. Some things might be suggestive, but keep in mind that the characters are adults. This isn't intended to be a series that breaks the fourth wall, but I couldn't help but make one fourth wall joke during one of the panels. 

Knick Knack the Squirrel Episode 12 Page 15

Knick Knack the Squirrel Episode 12 Page 23Knick Knack the Squirrel Episode 12 Page 26

For more pages of episode 12, click here. https://spongicx.deviantart.com/gallery/66108089/Knick-Knack-the-Squirrel-Episode-12

All 32 pages of episode 12 are now available here. https://spongicx.deviantart.com/gallery/66108089/Knick-Knack-the-Squirrel-Episode-12

I've also got some new concept art.
abandoned_prison_by_spongicx-dc8y6cn.jpgit_nearly_got_me__by_spongicx-dc8ypk2.jpsomething_got_out__by_spongicx-dc8ypvt.ji_ll_get_you_out__by_spongicx-dc91vfm.jpsomething_is_coming_by_spongicx-dc94qsv.on_the_way_by_spongicx-dc95e31.jpg
are_you_okay__by_spongicx-dc96uqr.jpgwhat_do_we_do_now__by_spongicx-dc96v58.j

https://spongicx.deviantart.com/gallery/60289357/Knick-Knack-the-Squirrel

More live action hybrid images.
hey__remember_me___by_spongicx-dca0xl4.jready_to_fight_by_spongicx-dca0xzx.jpg
i_think_it_spotted_me__by_spongicx-dca0y

Another video compilation of concept art and some new test animations.

Episode 13 is currently being worked on, and the first 3 pages are available. In this issue, Knick and pals will set sail across the sea to get to their next destination. However, when Knick accidentally drops the map into the sea, it's up to Clunk to dive into the sea and retrieve it. While waiting for Clunk to return, Treela confesses to Knick the story of how her mom passed away.

https://spongicx.deviantart.com/gallery/66276121/Knick-Knack-the-Squirrel-Episode-13

Episode 13 is now finished. 

https://spongicx.deviantart.com/gallery/66276121/Knick-Knack-the-Squirrel-Episode-13

knick_knack_the_squirrel_episode_13_page

This is actually one of the darkest episodes I made so far, and contains very sensitive themes which may upset some viewers. If anyone has ever dealt with losing a family member, or dealing with someone with a depressive disorder, then I truly apologize. This episode is kind of based on something that happened to a family member and friend in my life, and I felt like making an episode that reflects these issues. Stuff like this is hard to go through, and I find it kind of sad that there aren’t a lot of shows or stories that acknowledge these kinds of issues in a serious manner. 

This story still has a few laughs though, and some heart warming moments, so it’s not a total downer.