Awoo.

Artwork: Knick, Clunk, and Treela: Cartoon Series Concept

SpongicX

• 2 weeks later...

knick_knack_the_squirrel__frozen_freak_o
A short Knick Knack the Squirrel comic. Knick hears Clunk call for help from a bathroom, and is disturbed to find out what happened.

I made my last three short comics into youtube videos.

It pains me to say this, but I'm giving up my dream of becoming an animator. As much as I love to draw, I'm just not skilled enough to draw fast enough at a professional level.

I have no way of affording college, and would have a real hard time going through college regardless. I have a real hard time at focusing and remembering certain things.

I still love to draw for fun, but turning my passion of art into a career is never going to happen. The business world would expect me to rush out quality art, but I am an artist who works better when taking my time. 

I still hope to make my series concept "Knick Knack the Squirrel" into a reality someday, but the only way that will likely ever happen, would be if I sold the property of my creations to a company that sees potential in it. There's no way I'd be a part of it though. I struggle with so many different obstacles and issues, that would make me difficult to work with.

It really pains me to admit this. Ever since I was a little kid, I knew I wanted to be an animator, and I still do, but I need to face facts, I'm just not cut out for making professional quality art. I still plan on doing art as a hobby, but I am done with trying to make a career out of it.

I still plan on making more artwork of my series, but as for more episodes, I'm afraid this series is done for now. It is too much pressure for me trying to write, draw, color, and edit everything on my own.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

knick_and_treela_captured_by_spongicx-db

Despite announcing that I'm currently not planning on making any more episodes of Knick Knack the Squirrel at the moment, due to a lack of views, there is still one last scene I still want to make, but it includes major spoilers. What I'm about to show was planned to be part of one of the last episodes, but since this concept may never see the light of day, I thought I would finally draw this scene out. This is currently just one of the drawings of this sequence, but I am currently drawing out the rest of the scene, and will add speech bubbles to show what is being said during this part. 

Eventually in the series, I planned on having a shocking sequence where Knick, Clunk, and Treela finally arrived at Mount Murder, the lair of their enemies. As Knick, Clunk, and Treela arrive, they are ambushed by Scorpneon's henhcmen Slitz and Fear. Something tragic happens to Clunk, and Knick and Treela are horrified by what happened to him. Knick and Treela are knocked out, and wake up tied up and suspended in a dungeon. Slitz and Fear laugh over finally catching the heroes, and announce that their leader Scorp will be in shortly, to kill Knick and Treela himself. In order to prevent Knick from trying to burn the ropes loose, Fear activates a switch, which lets out an explosive gas, he warns Knick that if he activates his fire powers, him and his girlfriend will be blown up. Knick and Treela are left hanging and feel this may be the end for them.  They start feeling sad about what happened to Clunk, and start fearing about what's going to happen to them. 

I really wanted the finale of this series to be something shocking, and leave the viewers really wonder what will happen next. This was a sequence I had planned out for quite some time, but knew this was something more deserving to save until the end of the series started approaching. I wanted the heroes to finally face a real heartbreaking challenge, and leave the viewers wondering if they'll somehow get out of it. I plan on showing how the rest of this scene would play out, but I'm still drawing the rest of the scene out.  Right now, I'm starting to doubt my series will ever become a thing, but I figured I would make out this scene, as a last resort. I doubt it will do anything to help gain interest in this concept, but it's worth a shot. Maybe some will want to see how it comes to this point, and how the series will end, but I'm no longer keeping my expectations high. I really thought people might like this series, but it has not had luck at all. I work so hard on this series, yet get little to no views for how long  I've worked on this series. From now on, I am just planning on making art for fun, but I have lost all hope in making a living out of being a professional artist, it's just not going to happen to a guy like me. 

“Knick Knack the Squirrel” is created by, and property of Clint Welding/SpongicX. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I finished the drawings and dialogue for the scene I had planned for the final episode, where Knick and Treela were captured by the villains. 
This video does not depict how the series would end, this is just a concept to show a certain highlight from the last episode, but there is supposed to be more to follow this scene.

Here is a comic version, for those who may not want to watch a video of it. 
knick_and_treela_captured_1_by_spongicx-knick_and_treela_captured_2_by_spongicx-knick_and_treela_captured_3_by_spongicx-knick_and_treela_captured_4_by_spongicx-knick_and_treela_captured_5_by_spongicx-knick_and_treela_captured_6_final_page_b

• Thumbs Up 1

knick_and_treela_captured_color_wip_by_s

I'm currently working on coloring in the preview images I recently made. This is still a work in progress, the final version will have lighting, shading, and additional touch ups. 

• 2 weeks later...

wrath_of_wrath__by_spongicx-dbpp9rq.jpg

I had plans for an episode where Knick, Clunk, and Treela ran into their old bully Wrath (as seen in Knick's flashback from episode 1). Knick and Treela are still traumatized over what Wrath did to them in high school, yet Wrath is acting like a different person. He's happy to see them, and wants them to visit his place, he mentions how he has something for them. Knick and  pals are freaked out, and wonder if Wrath is plotting to kill them. 

In the end, Knick accuses Wrath of being up to something bad. Wrath's feelings are hurt, and he runs off upset. Knick follows Wrath, and sits down and has a chat with him. Wrath confesses how he knows he was terrible in the past, and he's trying like crazy to fix things. He reveals how after he was arrested for assaulting Knick in the past, it was revealed that Wrath had an  abusive dad. After the courthouse found out about Wrath's situation, Wrath's dad was arrested for child endangerment, and  he was sent to live with a family who would try and rehabilitate him. Wrath is now living with a family that cares for him, and it helped him become a better person. 

Wrath apologizes to Knick for ever harming him  and Treela. He wishes he never hurt Knick in the past.  Knick has an ironic realization, if it weren't for Wrath's bullying, Knick never would have had a chance to befriend Treela. It was because Knick saved Treela from Wrath, which led to Treela wanting to get to know Knick. Knick accepts Wrath's apology, and is happy to see Wrath becoming a better person. At the very end of the episode, Knick would have started thinking about his dad, and realize that although they've had rough times in the past, he still really cares for his dad. Knick always felt like his dad was horrible at times, but after hearing the story of how Wrath's dad treated him, Knick realizes his own dad wasn't so bad afterall.  Knick receives a phone call from his dad, and Knick's dad apologizes for how things went the last time they saw each other. Knick's dad mentions how he saw the news of how Knick and friends saved Cinder City from an attack (as seen in episode 7). Knick's dad mentions how he's proud of Knick. 

This episode would have had a lot of humor that involves paranoia and misunderstandings, but the ending would've been more dramatic and light hearted. It was intended to have a mixture of humor, along with some dark and light story  moments. 

“Knick Knack the Squirrel” is created by, and property of Clint Welding/SpongicX.

• Thumbs Up 1

knick_knack_the_squirrel_episode_8_annou

I decided to go ahead and start working on a new short episode of Knick Knack the Squirrel. However, since it's been kind of stressful doing everything on my own, I might have to cut corners. I'm planning on making them without color or backgrounds for now, and focusing more on character interactions. It's been very underwhelming and exhausting to put so much time and work into these, just to see them get very little views or  no feedback in return. I'm basically just planning on making story boards from now on. I'll still occasionally make some promotional colored artwork of my characters.

Here is a preview of episode 8. This will be a short episode that takes place shortly after the ending of episode 7. After Knick and pals saved Cinder City from Fear the Fox and Brawlo, they are being praised as heroes by the city folk. a news crew decides to interview them about their heroics. Knick and pals decide to take a few questions. Someone randomly asks if Knick and Treela are dating. Knick and Treela blush in response. Knick then responds nervously by saying " I don't know?" Treela is a bit alarmed to hear Knick say that. She thought Knick and her were already dating, and she wants to know why Knick seemed too embarrassed to confess that they are a couple.  The answers will be revealed when episode 8 is finished.