Awoo.

Artwork: Knick, Clunk, and Treela: Cartoon Series Concept

SpongicX

Episode 5 is now finished, and will be uploaded on Youtube later today. I'll update this thread with

the link, when that happens. 

18671465_268566640218034_143396151837161

18620836_268566636884701_126026415117173

18620504_268566643551367_201671751990388

18595459_268566666884698_390081031887485

18672894_268566670218031_464956040018115

It's going to take a lot longer for episode 6 to come out. I already had enough drawings previously made out, to make storyboards for the past 5 episodes, but as of now, I am all out, and need to start thinking up more ideas about future turn of events for this series.

I don't know how long it will take, but it could take months. I'm going to try harder to really pick up the pace in this series though. I'll admit the past 2 issues felt like filler, and didn't move the plot forward enough.

One thing about making this series concept that I hadn't thought about before is, who would I want to see voicing these characters, if they were ever made into a series?

I thought about it real hard, and here's a list of voice actors I'd love to see somehow end up as the voices of these characters, someday.

Knick Knack Voice Cast  Ideas

Knick Knack the Squirrel - Billy West
Clunk Climber the Squirrel - Roger Craig Smith
Treela Blossom the Squirrel - Grey Delisle
Fear the Fox - Tom Kenny
Slitz the Weasel - Mark Hamil 

I tried really hard, but I honestly couldn't think of a voice that would be perfect for the villain Scorpneon. It would have to be someone who can give a good deep, vicious, and intimidating voice. I also envision Scorp's voice to sound kind of echoey and distorted. 

What do you guys think of my picks though? If you have no idea who any of these guys are, try looking them up and google into their history in voice acting, they've been in some pretty good stuff over the years. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Got some new concept art, featuring the lead villain, Scorpneon. None of this reflects anything that will happen soon in the series, since there's still a long ways off until Knick and pals finally confront the main villain, but I thought it was about time I started drawing some ideas of what would happen, when that time finally comes.

scorp_by_spongicx-dbbhfoe.jpg

scorp_faces_by_spongicx-dbbhg13.jpg

knick_vs_scorp_color_by_spongicx-dbbhg8q

roar_by_spongicx-dbbhgl2.jpg

scorp_holds_treela_hostage_by_spongicx-d

• Thumbs Up 1

Down the line, the main villain Scorpneon will be shown to be a shape shifting monster, whose appearance gets distorted and more nightmarish, when he gets real angry and frustrated. I thought now would be a good time to give some previews of some of the forms he'll eventually transform into, down the line.

scorp_form_1_concept_art_by_spongicx-dbb

scorp_form_2_concept_art_by_spongicx-dbb

scorp_gets_angry_concept_art_by_spongicx

• Thumbs Up 1

After not using it in a long time, I decided to mess around with Flipnote Studio 3d on the Nintendo 3ds, and made some test animations of Knick Knack the Squirrel characters.

cg0cdfdony14ambygdrhceu5zync_by_spongicx
cg0cdfdony14amse0udmcb4zzinc_by_spongicx
cg0cdfdony14amewc1dmcvvrzinc_by_spongicx

• Thumbs Up 1

fear_standing_by_spongicx-dbcrcr1.png

Fear the Fox is one of the villainous henchmen to the lead villain, Scorpneon. Fear is a mad scientist who was hired to build a weapon that will extinguish all the light in the world, and strengthen an army of dark shadow beings, known as the Darxins. Fear is best friends with Scorpneon's other henchman, Slitz the Weasel. Both Fear and Slitz have been friends for a long time, but their past is still a big mystery. What could have caused such long time best friends to go down such a dark and evil path?

• Thumbs Up 1

knick_knack_episode_6_concept_art_by_spo

It's still a long ways away, but episode 6 will really pick up the pace of this series.

In this preview, Knick, Treela, and Clunk are in some serious trouble, but what could have happened?!

• Thumbs Up 1

I recreated a scene from Knick Knack Episode 2 in animated form, using Flipnote Studio 3d.

This is a recreation of the part where Knick was messing around with his fire powers, trying to find something useful out of it.

I did the voice of Knick myself, I'm aware that I'm not a very good voice actor, but this is just a concept video. I honestly think Billy West would be perfect for this part.

Knick VS Brawlo
I finally got a drawing pad with an actual touch screen, my artwork should look better and smoother, from now on. I no longer have to draw blindly with a screenless drawing pad.

Here's a concept art, where Knick is fighting his first Darxin, Brawlo.