Awoo.

Artwork: Knick, Clunk, and Treela: Cartoon Series Concept

SpongicX

New video showcasing concept art, and never before seen story board drawings for episode 6. 

New Episode 6 Previews with Descriptions.

i_m_not_going_anywhere__by_spongicx-dbfh

After nearly dying from a lack of hydration, Treela reawakens, and Knick hugs her in relief. 
facing_slitz_by_spongicx-dbfhkth.jpg

Knick and friends finally confront one of the bad guys in this series. They come across Slitz the Weasel, and are disturbed by what they see him doing.

prove_it_by_spongicx-dbfhla2.jpg

Knick and friends find one of the villains they're supposed to stop, Slitz the Weasel. Slitz doesn't believe Knick and friends are the only ones who can stop them, and Slitz tells Knick to "prove it."

fired_up_by_spongicx-dbfhlsh.jpg

Knick doesn't hold back, and shows Slitz his fire powers.

what_a_joke__by_spongicx-dbfhm5a.jpg

Slitz is laughing at Knick. Slitz can't believe the idea of the ones being sent to stop him, are a bunch of squirrels.

knick_fired_up_by_spongicx-dbfhmtf.jpg

Knick is furious over what the Darxins have done to innocent lives, and is ready to fight Slitz the Weasel.

slitz_strikes_back_by_spongicx-dbfhn6a.j

Slitz attacks Knick, for shooting a blast of fire at him.

slitz_chokes_knick_by_spongicx-dbfhnm7.j

The evil Slitz grabs Knick by the throat, and starts choking him.

treela_punches_slitz_by_spongicx-dbfhnyo

After Slitz tried choking Knick to death, Treela steps in and saves Knick, by punching Slitz in the face.

don_t_you_dare_touch_my_boyfriend__again

Treela gets mad at Slitz for hurting Knick, and she beats him to the ground. She surrounds her fists with her electric powers and tells Slitz to never touch her boyfriend again.

block_bashed_by_spongicx-dbfhox7.jpg

Clunk attacks Slitz, by slamming a block of ice on his head.

we_re_not_the_bad_guys_by_spongicx-dbfhp

After defeating the evil Slitz the Weasel, a bunch of city folk freak out, and become terrified of Knick and his friends.

• Thumbs Up 1

A quick preview of episode six for my series concept "Knick Knack the Squirrel".

Knick and friends arrive in a big city called "Cinder City". Knick tells his friends to try and blend in with the others, and not let them know they have special powers, yet Clunk ends up making a fool of himself.

Knick Knack The Squirrel Episode 6 is complete. I am currently compiling the video file, and plan to release it sometime tomorrow. Look out for information.

Some theif named Tobe Milo on Youtube is stealing all of my Knick Knack videos... I'm tired of reporting him, while Youtube does nothing in return... 

Here is an announcement for the series, and preview for episode 6.

4 hours ago, SpongicX said:

Episode 6 is now available. Please check it out. 

It's been said before, but you should seriously consider converting these to a PDF or something that doesn't require being watched. Motion comics are great and all (and they're getting really popular ATM) but it'd be way easier to have something like a PDF where people can read it offline too. Maybe consider uploading it to Google Play and charging a little bit for them. I'd for one buy it and I'm certain others would too. Just a thought. Keep up the good work!

I'm sorry, but this series doesn't work as a pdf. All those speech bubbles and comic tiles really limit what can be shown on screen. I like making them into videos instead. It allows me to show the artwork in it's full size, without cramming speech bubbles and text all over the images Video allows me to have the speech appear and disappear, to allow viewers to get better glimpses at the artwork.

This isn't really aiming to be a comic series, this is a concept I'm trying to get made into an animated series. I'm just one guy, and am in no financial state to hire people to make this happen, ok? I have to do everything for this series right now, the drawings, the coloring, the characters, the backgrounds, the shading, the lighting, the writing, the video compiling and everything else.

I first started out with having the first episode on pdf, and it had no views for months. On Youtube, the views may still be small, but at least it's getting views. Youtube allows my series to reach wider audiences, compared to limited pdf files.

I have family members and friends who like it better on Youtube anyways. You're the only one complaining about it not being a pdf file. This is a series that's relies on a heavy use of visuals and dialogue, but limited screen space in a comic format does this concept less justice than it does on Youtube.

45 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

I'm sorry, but this series doesn't work as a pdf. All those speech bubbles and comic tiles really limit what can be shown on screen. I like making them into videos instead. It allows me to show the artwork in it's full size, without cramming speech bubbles and text all over the images Video allows me to have the speech appear and disappear, to allow viewers to get better glimpses at the artwork.

Alright. I understand your point. It makes sense. So I'm assuming you write/draw these with the YouTube screen/viewers in mind. That's really good! Shows you care about your audience and how they view your stuff. 

47 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

This isn't really aiming to be a comic series, this is a concept I'm trying to get made into an animated series. I'm just one guy, and am in no financial state to hire people to make this happen, ok?

Alright so I wanna talk about this for a sec. So you said you wanted this to be an animated series. That's a big goal. And certainly an achievable one. But the thing is, you don't have to hire somebody to do this. You've already proven in your gif videos that you know how to animate these, so I see no reason why you can't animate something by yourself. You did those on flipnote for a DS, and they came out pretty good! Imagine what you could do with a better program on your computer! Or even a tablet! You're definitely on the right road to animate these.

53 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

I have to do everything for this series right now, the drawings, the coloring, the characters, the backgrounds, the shading, the lighting, the writing, the video compiling and everything else.

Alright. I have a comic series I'm trying to start up too, and I do everything as well. There's several people out there with comic series that they do by themselves. I don't see why this is a problem if you like doing this. It's definitely a big commitment. If you're trying to look for people to help you with the series, ask around dude. There's plenty of people out there willing to help you, myself included. (and there's some out there that don't necessarily care about payment. Just don't overwhelm them! ;) )

56 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

I first started out with having the first episode on pdf, and it had no views for months. On Youtube, the views may still be small, but at least it's getting views. Youtube allows my series to reach wider audiences, compared to limited pdf files.

Ok. But the thing is, it might not get attention that exact moment, but it will eventually. Now, I don't know if you took it down or not, but my suggestion is leave that one there, for people that want it and just focus on the YouTube stuff like you're doing. But leave it there as an option. I mean, if you spent that time making it as a PDF, why not leave it there for people to enjoy if they want to? I agree YouTube allows for a wider audience, but don't spend so much time focusing on that, than any other means of views get overlooked. 

59 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

I have family members and friends who like it better on Youtube anyways. You're the only one complaining about it not being a pdf file. This is a series that's relies on a heavy use of visuals and dialogue, but limited screen space in a comic format does this concept less justice than it does on Youtube.

Alright. That's good that your family and friends like it on YouTube. I have no problem with it either. I'm also not complaining about it not being a PDF (PDF just really meaning e-book format), but was just suggesting it as I said. You already stated that it relies on visuals more than anything and that some of the dialogue, if put into a PDF, would ruin the vision of the visuals you had.

I hope I didn't come across as mean. (If I did I apologize) I'm coming at this from a fan of Knick Knack, and thought I'd leave a suggestion. I really do see this taking off someday! I said before that this would be a really fun animated series. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Terriful said:

Alright. I understand your point. It makes sense. So I'm assuming you write/draw these with the YouTube screen/viewers in mind. That's really good! Shows you care about your audience and how they view your stuff. 

Alright so I wanna talk about this for a sec. So you said you wanted this to be an animated series. That's a big goal. And certainly an achievable one. But the thing is, you don't have to hire somebody to do this. You've already proven in your gif videos that you know how to animate these, so I see no reason why you can't animate something by yourself. You did those on flipnote for a DS, and they came out pretty good! Imagine what you could do with a better program on your computer! Or even a tablet! You're definitely on the right road to animate these.

Alright. I have a comic series I'm trying to start up too, and I do everything as well. There's several people out there with comic series that they do by themselves. I don't see why this is a problem if you like doing this. It's definitely a big commitment. If you're trying to look for people to help you with the series, ask around dude. There's plenty of people out there willing to help you, myself included. (and there's some out there that don't necessarily care about payment. Just don't overwhelm them! ;) )

Ok. But the thing is, it might not get attention that exact moment, but it will eventually. Now, I don't know if you took it down or not, but my suggestion is leave that one there, for people that want it and just focus on the YouTube stuff like you're doing. But leave it there as an option. I mean, if you spent that time making it as a PDF, why not leave it there for people to enjoy if they want to? I agree YouTube allows for a wider audience, but don't spend so much time focusing on that, than any other means of views get overlooked. 

Alright. That's good that your family and friends like it on YouTube. I have no problem with it either. I'm also not complaining about it not being a PDF (PDF just really meaning e-book format), but was just suggesting it as I said. You already stated that it relies on visuals more than anything and that some of the dialogue, if put into a PDF, would ruin the vision of the visuals you had.

I hope I didn't come across as mean. (If I did I apologize) I'm coming at this from a fan of Knick Knack, and thought I'd leave a suggestion. I really do see this taking off someday! I said before that this would be a really fun animated series. 

Thanks, but animation is not a one man job. It takes a bunch of workers to animate. It would be impossible for me to animate all these characters by myself, especially with them all on screen at once. It takes a bunch of people to make animated shows/movies.

In order to put less strain on artists, directors usually expect multiple artists to collaborate. First you have someone to make story boards and rough references, then you have the rough animators who draw out first draft motions, then you have the animators who draw over the rough animations to have smoother lines, then you got the coloring staff who color in the characters, and separate artists to draw in the shadows and lighting effects.

This also applies to backrounds, even backgrounds rely on more than one artist to do multiple steps, then you have to have separate artists to combine all the characters and backgrounds together.

For my vision of Knick Knack to happen, it will take more than just me to happen. Animation is not a one man job. It's already a struggle to do all of this stuff by myself, and I'm not even animating this show. I'm hoping I can turn my passion into a living someday.

I truly am torn right now. I want to keep this story going, but I don't think I'll be able to, if I keep the series looking the way it does. It's too much effort for something that people aren't watching. But then if I tried simplifying the artwork, I would definitely start driving more people away from seeing this, and it likely won't attract any studio that is looking for artistic talent. If I take my time on this series, it would start making this idea drift further away from the scene.  If I tried making this as detailed as possible all on my own, it would take years, just to release the next episode, and people will have forgotten all about it, making all that work feel like a waste.

Episode 7 Previews and descriptions

guys__i_m_sorry____by_spongicx-dbh9bzp.j
Knick and pals were falsely arrested over a big misunderstanding, and Knick apologizes to his friends, feeling he's responsible for letting it happen. Treela comforts him, and tells him it's none of their faults. 
interrogated_by_spongicx-dbh9ci7.jpg
After being falsely arrested, Knick and friends are interrogated by an intimidating interrogator, who is accusing them of being aliens, for having super powers. Knick and friends are doing their best to tell this guy what's going on, but he's too stubborn to listen. 
you_ve_gotta_believe_us_by_spongicx-dbh9
While being interrogated, Knick is asked why anyone should believe their story of how they're on a mission to save the world. Knick nearly breaks into tears, and begs the interrogator to believe them.

3 new line art previews for Knick Knack the Squirrel Episode 7.

Treela confronts Fear the Fox. Fear ends up mocking her for being a girl, and Treela fights back with an electrifying punch.

“Knick Knack the Squirrel” is created by, and property of Clint Welding/SpongicX         
For more Knick Knack the Squirrel, look up “Knick Knack the Squirrel” on “SpongicX’s” Youtube and DailyMotion accounts.

tumblr_oto1joYE6y1rhnd8ro1_1280.jpg
tumblr_oto1joYE6y1rhnd8ro2_1280.jpg
tumblr_oto1joYE6y1rhnd8ro3_1280.jpg

tumblr_otq9ehqfUS1rhnd8ro1_1280.png

tumblr_otq9ehqfUS1rhnd8ro2_1280.png

tumblr_otq9ehqfUS1rhnd8ro3_1280.png

Colored Developmental Previews of Knick Knack the Squirrel episode 7. 

Knick and pals were falsely arrested over a big misunderstanding, and Knick apologizes to his friends, feeling he’s responsible for letting it happen. Treela comforts him, and tells him it’s none of their faults. 

“Knick Knack the Squirrel” is created by, and property of Clint Welding/SpongicX

For more Knick Knack the Squirrel, look up “Knick Knack the Squirrel” on “SpongicX’s” Youtube and DailyMotion accounts.