Awoo.

Artwork: Knick, Clunk, and Treela: Cartoon Series Concept

SpongicX

Flare Scare

Here's a  crazy little  comic where Knick and pals try getting into a mysterious cave that's guarded by a thug. Knick decides to use his fire powers to try scaring the guard off. 

Knick Knack the Squirrel” is created by, and property of Clint Welding/SpongicX.

blazing_blast_by_spongicx-dbt9xqk.png

Concept art of Knick using his fire powers to run at literal blazing speeds. 

Knick Knack the Squirrel” is created by, and property of Clint Welding/SpongicX.

• 2 weeks later...

knick_trick_by_spongicx-dbuhj5s.jpg

Knick learns a new trick with his fire powers, and he tries showing Treela. The results are a bit "air headed." 

Knick Knack the Squirrel” is created by, and property of Clint Welding/SpongicX

snow_journey_by_spongicx-dbuoesl.jpg

I felt like making a winter themed Knick Knack the Squirrel Concept Art. I thought I would try a different art style for once. I am honestly terrible at making art without outlines, it takes me too long to make drawings without them. 

"Knick Knack the Squirrel” is created by, and property of Clint Welding/SpongicX

• Thumbs Up 1

marking_down__the_holidays_by_spongicx-d

Thanksgiving is over, time to start marking down for the holidays. 

Here is a picture of Clunk drawing a Christmas tree over the shape of his chest fur. 

"Knick Knack the Squirrel” is created by, and property of Clint Welding/SpongicX

I colored in 3 recent drawings. 
grossed_out_knick_by_spongicx-dbva30h.jpwhat_was_that___by_spongicx-dbva35z.jpgsurprise__by_spongicx-dbva3cb.jpg
https://spongicx.deviantart.com/gallery/60289357/Knick-Knack-the-Squirrel

knick_knack_christmas_by_spongicx-dbvdsu
December is here! Here's a look at a Knick Knack Christmas picture I'm working on. I'll release an updated version with lighting and shading soon.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Holiday Season!

I updated my Christmas Picture

Knick Knack Christmas Final

Edited by SpongicX
  • Thumbs Up 2

treela_s_guilt_by_spongicx-dbvsmzb.png

I just felt like making a sad image. 

Edit: Sorry! I meant to edit my last post to include this image, I accidentally posted it as a separate response too soon after my last post... 

magnetic_mishap_by_spongicx-dbvvtzg.jpg
A short "Knick Knack the Squirrel" comic, where Treela tries using her electric powers magnetically, but messes up.

https://spongicx.deviantart.com/art/Magnetic-Mishap-718681228

first_dance_by_spongicx-dbvz6kn.jpg

buckle_up_by_spongicx-dbw2eff.jpg

a short comic featuring Clunk and Treela. Clunk asks Treela why she wears a belt when she doesn't need one, and Treela tries talking Clunk into trying out a belt himself. I'm kind of like Clunk in a way, I personally hate wearing belts, but I still think they can look cool. 

In case some of you weren't able to understand why Clunk's fly unzipped at the end, it's because Treela used her electric powers to magnetically unzip Clunk's zipper, in order to embarrass him over not wearing a belt.

• Thumbs Up 1

we_re_being_followed_by_spongicx-dbw2ze7

Concept Art of Knick and Treela being stalked in the dark by creepy unseen figures with glowing eyes

snow_ballistic_by_spongicx-dbw66is.jpg

Knick and Treela should have thought ahead, before challenging someone like Clunk to a snowball fight. Challenging someone with snow powers to a snowball fight was not a smart move. 

https://spongicx.deviantart.com/art/Snow-Ballistic-719164036

light_vs_dark_by_spongicx-dbwbsi2.jpg

concept art of Knick Knack the Squirrel, where the heroes Knick, Clunk, and Treela are facing off against the villains Scorpneon, Slitz, and Fear.

https://spongicx.deviantart.com/art/Light-Vs-Dark-719425802

give_up__by_spongicx-dbwdmat.jpg

Concept art where Knick, Clunk, and Treela get badly beaten by their enemy Scorpneon. As Scorpneon's army of shadow creatures/Darxins start surrounding Knick and friends, Scorpneon hovers over Knick, and tells him "Give Up!..." 

https://spongicx.deviantart.com/art/Give-Up-719511077

Sleepy Squirrels

After a long hard day, Knick and Treela lean back to back against each other and slowly slide to the ground exhausted. Clunk then shakes his head and smiles as he watches his two best friends all tired out. 

dance_romance_by_spongicx-dbz3ecm.jpgfire_flexing_by_spongicx-dbz3dws.jpg
angry_knick_by_spongicx-dbz6y85.jpg

no_turning_back_by_spongicx-dbz6526.jpg

It's been too long since I last drew the henchmen Fear the Fox and Slitz the Weasel. Later in the series, I had plans to have a scene where Slitz starts to feel like what they're doing is wrong. He asks Fear "do you ever think about the terrible things we've done in the past, and regret them. Fear quietly stands there, and says "everyday..." Fear then tells Slitz that the damage has been done, and there's no going back.

great_day_by_spongicx-dbz7sm6.jpghappy_hikers_by_spongicx-dbz7sv4.jpg
fire_eruption_by_spongicx-dbzap2a.jpgtreela_protects_knick_by_spongicx-dbzbrj

• Thumbs Up 1

http://spongicx.tumblr.com/post/169867798818/before-i-revealed-knick-knack-the-squirrel-as-an

I've got a rather embarrassing story to share about how my characters started out. Click on the link above to see the  story of the before and after of Knick, Clunk, and Treela.

before_and_after_knick_by_spongicx-dc0flbefore_and_after_clunk_by_spongicx-dc0fmbefore_and_after_treela_by_spongicx-dc0ftreela_drawings__by_spongicx-dc0fq6v.jpgwhat_are_we_gonna_do__by_spongicx-dc0gnslets_end_this__by_spongicx-dc0ibyv.jpgeverything_depends_on_us_by_spongicx-dc0

I took some advice, and finally made a compilation video with public domain music. 

I made some new test animation GIFS

oh_why___animated_gif_by_spongicx-dc0of6treela_zap_by_spongicx-dc0oft3.gif
unbelievable___animated_gif_by_spongicx-

https://spongicx.deviantart.com/gallery/60289357/Knick-Knack-the-Squirrel

“Knick Knack the Squirrel” is a series concept created by, and property of Clint Welding/SpongicX

• Thumbs Up 1