Awoo.

Marvel VS Capcom Infinite XB1/PS4/PC

Ryannumber1gamer

30 minutes ago, Teoskaven said:

Spidey looks good (who's his VA?), but that level 3 must burn for all Green Goblin fans. And to Maximum Spider fans.

Robbie Daymond is the voice actor for Spider-Man. The same actor who is playing him in the upcoming Disney XD series. He is also known for voicing Sorey in Tales of Zesteria and Prompto in Final Fantasy 15 

Also, Maximum Spider is in the game.

• Thumbs Up 2

Uh, so Spidey has 4 HCs. Not complaining though.

• 3 weeks later...

Return of the leaks! The MvCI Esports Proposal For Distrubution got leaked hard.

Highlights include:

Spoiler

img_2865j6us4.png
img_286645uoi.png
img_2867fyujf.png
img_2868lcujg.png
img_28699kuqy.png
img_2870gzuw6.png
img_2871nfu2y.png
img_2872h6uyl.png
img_2873mduen.png

I'll admit, that timeline leading up to Infinite is pretty rad.

Spoiler

'Dem X-Men, Captain America, Phoenix Wright and Lilith. :P

Oh right I forgot that they released new covers and

STL054067?type=1

STL054118?type=1

STL054035?type=1

STL054122?type=1

STL054125?type=1

LOL thanks Marvel. 

2 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

Oh right I forgot that they released new covers and

STL054067?type=1

Are those two fighting in front of a Target checkout aisle or something? lol

• Chuckle 1

15 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon said:

Return of the leaks! The MvCI Esports Proposal For Distrubution got leaked hard.

Highlights include:

Hide contents

img_2865j6us4.png
img_286645uoi.png
img_2867fyujf.png
img_2868lcujg.png
img_28699kuqy.png
img_2870gzuw6.png
img_2871nfu2y.png
img_2872h6uyl.png
img_2873mduen.png

I'll admit, that timeline leading up to Infinite is pretty rad.

Hide contents

'Dem X-Men, Captain America, Phoenix Wright and Lilith. :P

I'm a dumb, What does all this mean?

That part of the money Capcom will make with this game will come from e-sports torunaments and not just from sales and DLCs. Same reason why SFV is still going on despite the negative reception.

Ghost Rider confirmed and will be at Gamescom, I guess we'll get Firebrand, Dormammu and the ever elusive Hunter there too

4 minutes ago, Balding Spider said:

Urrrrgg, even Spidey couldn't escape the freaky body proportions.

20q0VOw.png

Okay, seriously, no joking. Is that from the mobile Marvel fighting game??? :/

5 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon said:

Oh you sweet summer child.

skip to 27/8 seconds and pause

• Chuckle 1

7 minutes ago, Balding Spider said:

Oh you sweet summer child.

skip to 27/8 seconds and pause

I don't know how many times the dislike bar is gonna outnumber the likes bar with MvC: I videos, but damn son. Here's yet another one! lol

13 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon said:
17 minutes ago, Balding Spider said:

Urrrrgg, even Spidey couldn't escape the freaky body proportions.

20q0VOw.png

It appears I've made a mistake indeed, since Spider-Man might actually look better in the mobile game.

• Chuckle 1

Okay, so bad news. Apparently Lvl 3 Hyper Combos on their own don't do much damage and apparently scale in correlation to the usage of stones and comboing before hand into the super move.

Huh. :/

Holy cow, they may have actually cleaned Chun Li's face up a bit!

I spot Dr. Light and the presence of symbiotes, including Black Suit Spidey. Also, despite being a stage background, M.O.D.O.K. DOES play some sort of role in the story and it sounds like Wally Wingert is reprising from EMH/MvC3.

There was a nice reference in the trailer that made me smile 

DHcQsGRW0AAB5jL.jpg

3392044-6142082342-x_and.jpg

• Thumbs Up 5

That battle between Jedah and Dante had to be a send up to Jedah's ending in Capcom Fighing evolution

jedah-cfe-end.jpg

Edit: So I saw no monster hunter, or Venom... Tell me this isn't what I think this is.

Gotta say, the story trailer was pretty good! The Dr. Light cameo, Jedah (and that reference to Fighting Evolution), that moment with X and Zero, it definitely hit the right spots for me. I don't think anything's going to make this game "pretty"... but Chun-li definitely looks better, and it looks like maybe Dante's dermatitis finally cleared up. That's already good.

Now we just need Dr. Light playable in his MMX street fighter getup. idc how unlikely it is to happen, It would be amazing.

Maximilian showcases some new stages, including a fusion between Marvel's New York and Final Fight's Metro City, New Metro City.

Coming from Max, the base roster is 30 characters, not counting Sigma and Black Panther, Hunter is a girl or at least one of the options is one.

Well, at least I got the Hunter to look forward to,  this seems to be the character they saved last on purpose.

• 2 weeks later...

So, with the game nearing it's arrival, I would like to give my final thoughts:

I'm not getting it, I want more Mahvel but I want good Mahvel, competent Mahvel and a new Mahvel

Now, let me tell you something that always struck me as odd, Disney shut down it's own game studio in 2016, now Capcom lost the rights to Marvel sometime in 2014, this game was announced in December of 2016 and is coming out this year, additionally, it's being made by Capcom itself and not outsourced, now, unless things were  going behind the scenes, this game couldn't been in development for too  long and Capcom is no longer the big money maker of the 90's and early 2000's, so Marvel vs. Capcom this big ol thing is now  a underdog story given the facts, but this one doesn't look like it has a happy ending.

This seems to be a case of misdirection and pride

Many are asking why Spencer is back in this game, I'll tell you, I was on the Capcom fourm when Bionic Arm became a meme, Spencer was popular for at least awhile with the competitive scene, basically, he's in this game for the same reason Sentinel was in Marvel 3, that's probably the reason Firebrand and Nemesis are here too ... but still that doesn't make complete sense, why aren't Wesker and Vergil who are  both popular in the competitive scene and popular as characters on their own here too? Why isn't the  majority of Marvel 3's roster here if they're reusing so much from it? 

Now, Marvel game reusing assets is nothing new, it's why Marvel's 2 roster is so big, they just brought everyone back who was in any of the previous games besides that one comedian guy, Anita and the recolors(We still got Bone Claws Wolverine, but I digress) but holy smokes, if you had a favorite in a past game, most of them were there and you get to fight in a new way with new people!

Marvel 3 came out 11 years after Marvel 2, it no longer used sprites and it had a new engine that was incompatible with the past games, but it's clear that isn't the case for Ultimate Marvel 3 and Infinite, things are clearly being reused from that game, it has a new(ugly) artstyle, it switched to 2 on 2 instead of 3 on 3 but other than that and of course, people want something new from the old characters too, but other than that what's stopping them? The other characters won't fit into the story mode or will make it too crowded? Than don't put them in the story mode, simple.

It would be a bit disappointing if it was just Ultimate Marvel 3 roster with a few  more, but it's way better than Ultimate Marvel 3   roster with a lot less, there's only 2 new Capcom characters in the base game, Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter added more than that!

A lot of the problems with the games would be glaceed away if it had this big gathering of heroes from the past game, sure, the game would still be flawed but holy smokes you can make Amatarsu take on Thanos and Jedah!

To bring up the opening statement, this game simply hasn't had enough time put into it and they are artificially wasting the time they do have, DLC and a fucking special edition was announced in the first month, why do I have to wait or pay more to play key figures in the game's story mode?

I would rather wait to get a excellent Mahvel than get a mediocre Mahvel right now, oh yeah, that Ultimate port really didn't help this game out, you guys, I think I'll just play that instead.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Whelp,  here we are. New MvC game.

Only 30 characters.

Venom, likely going to be dlc. Either way despite there being symbiotes in the story,  confirmed NOT to be on the launch roster. 

Only 5 newcomers total, and the Capcom side are in the minority. 

Gameplay,  looks to be the only redeeming factor. 

I'm so sick of people saying to wait until the dlc for the game to be good on all accounts. 

That roster also hurts the story mode in so many ways.