Awoo.

Marvel VS Capcom Infinite XB1/PS4/PC

Ryannumber1gamer

The biggest thing that ties into the Sony theory is that they're developing the Spidey game as an exclusive, which means there's a possibility they could've gotten the Marvel licenses for this as well and never let on.

Sony having ties with both Marvel and Capcom helps the exclusivity deal idea. The only reason I'm not sure it's a lock is because Street Fighter V struggled due to being exclusive. They might not want to repeat that.

Just now, Wraith said:

Sony having ties with both Marvel and Capcom helps the exclusivity deal idea. The only reason I'm not sure it's a lock is because Street Fighter V struggled due to being exclusive. They might not want to repeat that.

I thought part of its struggle was that it had all the negative press about it being unfinished 

Just now, Wraith said:

Being fair, I think it struggled more because of the fact it was just released so unfinished. It didn't have the staying power of Overwatch or other online only games due to the fact that those games have many more heroes and characters with different playstyles, as well as promising free updates while Street Fighter V was released as something that was so obviously rushed out and unfinished to make a quick buck that work spread pretty quickly about it.

Marvel's exact words is they are willing to give the licenses to ANY publishers with the right vision. They'd be giving it to capcom not Sony, and really Insomnia got the ok, they just got funding from Sony. Nintendo's also willing to fund. and MVSC tends to sell well in general

2 minutes ago, KHCast said:

I thought part of its struggle was that it had all the negative press about it being unfinished 

2 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Santa said:

Being fair, I think it struggled more because of the fact it was just released so unfinished. It didn't have the staying power of Overwatch or other online only games due to the fact that those games have many more heroes and characters with different playstyles, as well as promising free updates while Street Fighter V was released as something that was so obviously rushed out and unfinished to make a quick buck that work spread pretty quickly about it.

That was a huge factor, but I think cutting out the xbox audience that supported the series before then didn't help matters either. You guys are definitely right though, should have mentioned that.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Because the switches controllers are super tiny and you'll have no choice but to fork out for a larger controller in some way to have a decent beat em up experience.

Before we give the Switch shit for this, I'd just like to point out that most PS4 bundles shipped with only one controller anyway, so you're probably going to have to buy extra controllers regardless of which console it comes out for.

I still think the proposal of playing Street Fighter on a single Joycon per player is a silly idea, though.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Marvel's exact words is they are willing to give the licenses to ANY publishers with the right vision. They'd be giving it to capcom not Sony, and really Insomnia got the ok, they just got funding from Sony. Nintendo's also willing to fund. and MVSC tends to sell well in general

Nobodies outright against the idea of it being on a Nintendo system. We're just looking at it given the history between Sony, marvel and Capcom, and are questioning how it'd function on the base system given its controller

2 minutes ago, Blacklightning said:

Before we give the Switch shit for this, I'd just like to point out that most PS4 bundles shipped with only one controller anyway, so you're probably going to have to buy extra controllers regardless of which console it comes out for.

I still think the proposal of playing Street Fighter on a single Joycon per player is a silly idea, though.

Well not if you're souly playing online you probably don't need to buy an extra controller. I still only have one because of this.

If it's not exclusive and the switch does well I expect a port actually. I just don't think there's much to talk about on the Nintendo front and no reason to even assume they're involved, unlike Sony. There's just not much to talk about there.

• Thumbs Up 2

22 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Because the switches controllers are super tiny and you'll have no choice but to fork out for a larger controller in some way to have a decent beat em up experience.

What? You can have them connected to the screen or frame to use the Joy-Cons as normal controllers. For offline multiplayer you'd have to buy an extra controller on the other consoles, too.

Nobodies outright against the idea of it being on a Nintendo system. We're just looking at it given the history between Sony, marvel and Capcom, and are questioning how it'd function on the base system given its controller

Well not if you're souly playing online you probably don't need to buy an extra controller. I still only have one because of this.

The Switch will also be playable online.

• Thumbs Up 2

I still personally don't see the pad controller itself as a enjoyable non-smash fighter experience. But that's just me and experience with the Wii U gamepad

4 minutes ago, Ice Vec said:

If this is real I want Luke Cage and Edgeworth

If Black Panther isn't in this game, we riot. That and Ms. Marvel.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

So was FF7RE and it's only a timed exclusive. and actually that rumor was unproven

...did you read what I said, because that makes no sense considering I said it's unlikely to be an exclusive. 

18 minutes ago, Jango said:

Paul Ru.. I mean, Ant-Man or bust.

Eh, I'd prefer classic Ant-man, since Pym did so much more with the suit, and there's so much more they could do with comic/vs movie rules, like being able to shrink opponents.

5 hours ago, Jango said:

Ant-Man or bust.

*Turns so small opponent can never hit him.

*Ant-Man = new Mango Sentinel

Player 1 = crashcoolyosqx.png

• Thumbs Up 4

It's quite possible that the Switch joy-cons have shoulder buttons in the area where they connect to the Switch itself since that's where the index fingers rest, which would basically allow for a six-button fighter. At that point you're only missing two shoulder buttons, a d-pad and a second stick, but many two-player games that actually have local multiplayer likely won't need those.

Even though I doubt this title will ever make it's way to a Nitnendo Console, especially the switch....if Capcom could figure out a control scheme for a game like TVC that could be used with a simple Wii-mote, I think they could pull off a MvC4.

One would have to imagine it's going to follow a similar control scheme to MvC3 where there's 3 attack buttons, a launcher button and 2 buttons needed for assist/switch. My point is, if it ever release for the switch, using the joycon as a normal control options (using both ends) and using each one per player should be able to work, even if it is awkward.

Hmm, so akuma may be a boss instead of a playable this time? And working with Thanos? Interesting 

Edit: well actually, Doom, Dormammu and Wesker were all touted as the main baddies of 3 and we're still playable, so who nevermind lol. Just please have a actual story this time 

1 hour ago, Zippo said:

Credit goes to Bosslogic. No source has been found yet.

Screenshot_2016-12-02-21-18-53.png

CyuFbjmUUAIn6hJ.jpg-large

The image is fake. That Akuma render is from Tekken 7.

Edit: Better Image (Found on Google Images(Search "tekken 7 akuma" and you will find this picture)

Akuma 2.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Ah well figures. Still though, would be interesting to see Akuma work with Thanos in a actual story. I'd say that potential is more interesting just in theory compared to Wesker, Doom and Dormammu all working for Galactis.(or whatever the plot 3 was originally gonna get)

• Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, AxelPrime said:

The image is fake. That Akuma render is from Tekken 7.

Edit: Better Image (Found on Google Images(Search "tekken 7 akuma" and you will find this picture)

Akuma 2.png

Thanks! We'll be seeing the game in less than 24 hours anyway, so it isn't really disappointing.

Looks fake. Already seen that Akuma somewhere.

Anyways, Thanos as the game's villain? MvC had Magneto, MvC 2 had Abyss and MvC 3 had Galactus.

But Thanos was a boss in Marvel Super Heroes I believe? Well, he's back at super popular now because of the MCU... Can actually see it happening, but that art is fake.