Awoo.

Marvel VS Capcom Infinite XB1/PS4/PC

Ryannumber1gamer

Chris kind of disconfirms that list, right? Surely, they wouldn't have both Chris and Leon?

Somehow I always knew that Sigma would be involved as well as Ultron.  And it's somewhat reminding me of one of my posts from the MCU topic on here when I compared Ultron to Sigma while watching Age of Ultron (despite knowing that Ultron predates Sigma by decades)

Now I can only wait to see GoG Vol 2 in anticipation for this game

I texted my sister about this after seeing the trailer and she's a bit impressed by the concept, especially considering that I mentioned the Infinity Stones within Ultron Sigma and the idea that if Thanos had the slim chance of joining the roster, he'd be screwed without those stones powering his gauntlet

37 minutes ago, Tailikku said:

Somehow I always knew that Sigma would be involved as well as Ultron.  And it's somewhat reminding me of one of my posts from the MCU topic on here when I compared Ultron to Sigma while watching Age of Ultron (despite knowing that Ultron predates Sigma by decades)

Now I can only wait to see GoG Vol 2 in anticipation for this game

I texted my sister about this after seeing the trailer and she's a bit impressed by the concept, especially considering that I mentioned the Infinity Stones within Ultron Sigma and the idea that if Thanos had the slim chance of joining the roster, he'd be screwed without those stones powering his gauntlet

He has been playable in a few of the Capcom Marvel fighting games, just not the 3D ones. Usually Sans Gauntlent, which still puts him on nearly cosmic god powerlevel

4 hours ago, Meta77 said:

God those graphics look bad :/ but excited for the story but damn those graphics

Yeah, the visual style is painfully bland. It's really a shame after the last one had such beautiful art direction.

UMVC3 is my favourite fighter, so I'm really hyped for this! Seeing Ultron and Sigma together is all kinds of badass!

For returning characters, I really hope to see come back.

Capcom

Viewtiful Joe

Phoenix Wright

Marvel

Deadpool ( If FOX allows it)

Iron Fist

As for new faces

Capcom

Asura (Asura's Wrath)

Alastor (Viewtiful Joe)

Lean Kennedy (Resident Evil)

Marvel

Daisy Johnson (Anyone from Agents of SHIELD really. I adore that show)

Ant-Man

Black Panther

• Thumbs Up 2

info update!

http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofiend/blog/2017/04/25/additional-characters-first-story-mode-trailer-pre-order-details-and-release-date-for-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite

e8eed39f00c984d78af2c42a90738f90.jpg?v=202200

As exciting as our prior Marvel vs. Capcom fighting games have been, we’ve never seen a true fusion of the two iconic universes. Yes, heroes and villains crossed the stream, so to speak, but did we ever truly see the worlds collide? In Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, not only will combatants from both sides be hurled into chaos, but they’ll also be hounded by the game’s titanic new threat – Ultron Sigma, a fusion of two of the most menacing mechanoids from the Marvel and Capcom universes.

[insert trailer here]

Ultron. Sigma. Infinity Stones. Marvel and Capcom locations fused together. What more do you need?

It’s just one of many selling points for MvC:I, which will officially release on September 19th, 2017 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC. And once you’ve (presumably!) saved the universe in Story Mode, you’ll still have Arcade, Training and Mission modes to consider, plus various multiplayer offerings, naturally.

6b0b0f18aec1dc42632dd23f41310132.jpg?v=202200

And who’s fighting to save the day? We’re pleased today to announce the following additions to the MvC:I roster:

• Ultron
  • Hulk
  • Thor
  • Hawkeye
  • Rocket Raccoon
  • Chun-Li
  • Strider Hiryu
  • Chris Redfield

dea8c569b0978482cf07841cdbfc5872.jpg?v=202200

Pre-orders begin today, and there are three different ways to join the fight against Ultron Sigma.

Standard Edition ($59.99 MSRP)

79d12b20aada6768a15e60cd01b86aae.jpg?v=135000

Pre-order the Standard Edition and receive Warrior Thor and Evil Ryu Premium Costumes. Oh and the game, obviously.

Deluxe Edition ($89.99 MSRP)

1fa4ac072985d6640eb1a7d107d3f531.jpg?v=202200

Pre-order the Deluxe Edition and receive the main game, the two aforementioned costumes (Warrior Thor and Evil Ryu) and two additional costumes – Gladiator Hulk and Command Mission X! The Deluxe Edition also includes the 2017 Character Pass, which gives you access to six post-launch characters – the first one being Sigma himself!

Collector’s Edition ($199.99 MSRP)

a222ddc1544125fe67aff79ebcdfdb21.jpg?v=202200

Pre-order this bad boy and you’re gonna be the proud new owner for FOUR detailed, interlinking dioramas from TriForce, plus LED-powered Infinity Stones and the Deluxe Edition of the game. Make some room on your desk before you pre-order!

Check with your individual retailers for details in Europe and Australia, as some offers may vary.

and thanks to Danny Koo we have a look at the pre-order skins

18 minutes ago, Pawn said:

Yeah, the visual style is painfully bland. It's really a shame after the last one had such beautiful art direction.

II've never played it, but from what I've seen, there's too much black. I know why they did it, but I'm just not a huge fan of it.

I want something more colorful, that pops, like Street Fighter V, but improved.

U3LMsqs.jpg

Not really new stuff, It's been a staple in recent fighting games; the only one who didn't it was King of Fighters XIV, and that was because the budget for that game was terribly low they couldn't even allow immediate pre-oder bonuses.

Also, another thing: in the trailer, Hulk is shown in a beach, wich will probably be a stage; on the Marvel side, the most iconic settings i can find fitting that description are the Savage Lands or Genosha, while on the Capcom side, i can think of multiple instances, like Monster Hunter, Dino Crisis or a couple of the Breath of Fire games.

Edit: Small extra news: by his own admition on his Twitter account, Trevor Devall is the voice of Rocket Racoon (makes sense, he voiced the character in the Avengers and GotG cartoon, it's just that i preferred Greg Ellis so much more).

3 hours ago, Marcello said:

II've never played it, but from what I've seen, there's too much black. I know why they did it, but I'm just not a huge fan of it.

I want something more colorful, that pops, like Street Fighter V, but improved.

U3LMsqs.jpg

Either direction looks great to me. I just don't understand why they threw any sense of a strong style out of the window.

4 hours ago, kirby1up said:

Aaah that Thor ♥

The skins are sweet, tempted to pre-order. Bleh, didn't want to but I like their designs. 

HOHOHO Holy shit, Sigma on his original design and Ultron, this looks fucking awesome man. I reaaaaaaaaaally want a remix of one his themes:

Too bad the graphics are still kinda ugly :(

Ha! I knew that silhouette in the teaser was something to do with Ultron and Sigma! Gotta admit, I really like their fusion design. And an actual story mode this time around sounds pretty cool too.

Not sure if I'm gonna pre-order the game yet, or what version I'll be getting. Then again, I do like X's Command Mission design...

Dang. If I had money I'd totally get that Collector's Edition. That X figure is especially appealing.

How's about some gizzidy-gameplay?

Thor is definitely Travis Willingham, who is reprising from modern Marvel animated projects along with (I assume) Jim Meskimen as Ultron and Trevor Devall as Rocket. Hawkeye sounds like Chris Cox from EMH/UMvC, which is super rad. I like that they're mixing up the VAs.

I can't believe I'm saying this about a MVC game but this looks so lifeless and uninspired from a visual standpoint.

• Thumbs Up 2

The speed of the game is just like UMVC3 which I'm very happy about! 

I've heard that the button activation for the Shoryuken motion has changed to pressing down twice, followed by a button. Not sure how I feel about that change really, but otherwise I'm impressed with the gameplay :)

2 minutes ago, BlueTidalGamer said:

The speed of the game is just like UMVC3 which I'm very happy about! 

I've heard that the button activation for the Shoryuken motion has changed to pressing down twice, followed by a button. Not sure how I feel about that change really, but otherwise I'm impressed with the gameplay :)

Word has it that that is just simple control scheme

3 hours ago, Balding Spider said:

I can't believe I'm saying this about a MVC game but this looks so lifeless and uninspired from a visual standpoint.

Has MVC ever really been visually inspired though? Maybe like MSH was, or MVC3 even, but 2 was a pretty heinous mix of weird 3d and recycled sprites from all sorts of different games, that imo looked dated when it came out and even worse with time, and even the rest of the series prior to 2 still pretty much reused everything they could whenever they could. If anything the MVC games look bad more often than they look good.

2 hours ago, BlueTidalGamer said:

I've heard that the button activation for the Shoryuken motion has changed to pressing down twice, followed by a button. Not sure how I feel about that change really, but otherwise I'm impressed with the gameplay

I read that too, I don't think it's as big a deal as people are making it out to be. Street Fighter IV had the df, df + punch shortcut for SRKs as well, although everyone seems to have forgotten that already.

The other chin scratcher/interesting thing is that the game apparently has some kind of auto combo/easy super as well (you can see Hulk doing this pretty early on in the video.) A lot of people seem to get upset over this kind of thing as "dumbing down" fighting games... but tbh I don't think it's really a problem. In games like P4A that had the easy combo into super, doing a "proper" combo would always do more damage, but the auto was a nice way to get some reliable damage if you were afraid of dropping your good one or just learning to play the game from scratch. I think a  manual controlled player is always going to have a higher damage ceiling than the auto one, so it's not worth getting upset over.

I found a nice video breakdown of the footage 

Of particular interest to me was the space stone ability- I didn't realise it trapped the opponent in a tiny little blue box, lol. I can only imagine the nightmarish pressure of being in there.

16 hours ago, Scarlet CC14 said:

How's about some gizzidy-gameplay?

Thor is definitely Travis Willingham, who is reprising from modern Marvel animated projects along with (I assume) Jim Meskimen as Ultron and Trevor Devall as Rocket. Hawkeye sounds like Chris Cox from EMH/UMvC, which is super rad. I like that they're mixing up the VAs.

Also, once again, Hulk is being voiced by Fred Tatasciore, Chris is Roger Craig Smith and Strider seems to be T.J. Storm (also seems to have a new Hyper, while having Uroboro back as a Level 1); what i have some doubts on is Chun-Li because her stable voice actress has been Laura Bailey ever since vanilla SFIV, but here she doesn't sound like her. Maybe it's because of the early stages, i dunno.

8 hours ago, Teoskaven said:

Also, once again, Hulk is being voiced by Fred Tatasciore, Chris is Roger Craig Smith and Strider seems to be T.J. Storm (also seems to have a new Hyper, while having Uroboro back as a Level 1); what i have some doubts on is Chun-Li because her stable voice actress has been Laura Bailey ever since vanilla SFIV, but here she doesn't sound like her. Maybe it's because of the early stages, i dunno.

Oh, you know that Performance Matters thing going on with the video game VA strike? I think that has something to do with it. She's also the voice of Lucina, but unlike everyone else in FE Heroes, she was uncredited. Easter Lucina also had a different VA. So it's possible they got Alexis Tipton to replace her for Chun-Li (they got her to do Easter Lucina). Just an assumption though.

Formal gameplay trailer, which gives us our first look at one of Ultron's higher-level Supers.