Awoo.

Marvel VS Capcom Infinite XB1/PS4/PC

Ryannumber1gamer

iaqqw0ypgl2hayfyjq5h.png

"The real Civil War Begins here..."

Leaked about a week ago, and finally confirmed during PlayStation Experience 2016, the franchise everyone thought was dead after Capcom lost the rights to Marvel characters has finally been announced. Marvel VS Capcom Infinite is coming next year in 2017, and it's going to be released on all next-gen systems. While it's not officially confirmed as of yet, DLC will likely come to PS4 first due to Capcom's deal with Sony last year, and the fact that it was announced during Sony's own show. Don't take it as fact, it's purely speculation on my part.

As well as Infinite, Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 will be releasing on PS4 tonight, with the release on other consoles taking place later. Right now, here's the confirmed modes for Infinite, and characters:

Modes: 

-Story Mode

-Mission Mode

-Arcade

-Training

-Multiplayer (Offline/Online likely)

Characters:

-Ryu (Street Fighter)

-Mega Man X

-Iron Man

-Captain Marvel 

One more thing to mention is it seems 3v3 is gone completely. It mentions in the PS Blog article that it's specifically 2v2. 

Capcom announces 2v2 fighter sequel Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite for PS4, out 2017

Trailer: 

In case you missed our announcement at PlayStation Experience, Marvel and Capcom have joined forces once again to bring you the next epic chapter in our highly acclaimed crossover series with Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite! Universes collide with fun, frantic player-vs-player battles. Check out the announcement trailer for a first look at Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite.

Overview:

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite will feature a variety of exciting and accessible single player modes and rich multiplayer content for new players and long-time fans alike. In addition to single player Arcade, Training and Mission modes, a visually stunning and immersive cinematic Story Mode will put players at the centre of both universes as they battle for supremacy against powerful forces and a new villain.

Features: 

• Reborn Rivalries: Universes collide once again in this all-new crossover clash for the ages, where players select their favourite Marvel and Capcom characters and engage in accessible and action-packed 2v2 partner battles.
  • Infinite Power: Infinite power: Pulled from classic Marvel lore, unique and game-changing Infinity Stones can be implemented into player’s’ strategies as a way to influence the outcome of battle. Each Infinity Stone provides a unique advantage to the player and represents a different aspect of the universe: power, space, time, reality, soul, and mind.
  • Iconic Heroes: Iconic heroes: Choose from a diverse roster of fan favourite characters pulled from Marvel and Capcom universes, including Iron Man and Captain Marvel from the Marvel side, and Ryu and Mega Man X from Capcom. Many more playable characters will be revealed in the future.
  • Cinematic Story: Heroes and villains battle for supremacy in a timeless struggle set in the Marvel and Capcom universes. The original storyline answers the questions regarding the new clash and lets players step into the shoes of classic characters from both sides as they wage war against powerful forces in an attempt to defeat a new villain.
  • Accessible single player content: In addition to the cinematic story experience, players can hone their skills in a variety of accessible single player modes, including Training, Mission and Arcade modes.
  • Vast multiplayer features: robust online modes and content including ranked and casual matches, global leaderboards, and online lobbies with spectator mode deepen the overall experience.
  • Graphics: Unreal Engine 4 technology pushes the cinematic visuals and next-gen realism into a new era.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite is currently in development and will release on PlayStation 4 in Europe in late 2017.

We’ll have more information to share soon, so be sure to follow us on Twitter and You Tube for all things Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/12/03/capcom-announces-2v2-fighter-sequel-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-for-ps4-out-2017/

For Info: Polygons multiple sources is likely the GAF thread they didn't source. 

Not saying it's not true but... yeah odds are that's who the 'multiple sources' are.

I also want to stress to not take this as fact. Due to Polygon's not revealing of sources, there's a possibility it's fake. A lot of rumors regarding MvC4 have coming this year, and I felt that this warranted a topic due to the apparent "leaks" that Polygon is claiming to have from it's sources. Because of that, I can't stress this enough, This is not purely rumor as of yet, but it's not confirmed, nor is it confirmed as announcing at PSX. This is all according to Polygon's claims.

If the leak turns out to be fake, and it's Polygon talking out of it's ass, I'd like to ask the mods to lock this topic after PSX next week where we'll know for sure if the leaks are true or not.

• Thumbs Up 1

One of the things making me take this with a grain of salt is the lack of X-men characters(possibly including Deadpool) I mean, marvel sold the rights to them way before MVC3 so see no reason why it'd be considered now

Just now, KHCast said:

One of the things making me take this with a grain of salt is the lack of X-men characters(possibly including Deadpool) I mean, marvel sold the rights to them way before MVC3 so see no reason why it'd be considered now

Agreed. On top of that, there's no reason why that'd be the case. Marvel only sold the film rights for Fantastic Four and the X-Men to Fox, and as we all know, they practically hate each other, so it's very unlikely that they would have sold game rights between the time of MvC3 and MvC4. On top of that, I think it'd cause a ton of people to practically boycott the game over major characters like Wolverine and Deadpool being removed for no reason when other lesser known characters are thrown in their place.

Plus there's no sources to say why it'd be based on the MCU so there's that too.

Just now, Tornado said:

I'd rather have a PC port of UMvC 3.

: /

If MvC4 is confirmed, I don't think it'd be that unlikely that a port of UMvC3 could be made for PS4, Xbox One, and PC due to the fact that Street Fighter 4 received a port to PS4 when SFV got confirmed.

17 minutes ago, KHCast said:

14 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Santa said:

Agreed. On top of that, there's no reason why that'd be the case. Marvel only sold the film rights for Fantastic Four and the X-Men to Fox, and as we all know, they practically hate each other, so it's very unlikely that they would have sold game rights between the time of MvC3 and MvC4. On top of that, I think it'd cause a ton of people to practically boycott the game over major characters like Wolverine and Deadpool being removed for no reason when other lesser known characters are thrown in their place.

Plus there's no sources to say why it'd be based on the MCU so there's that too.

Ever since the Avengers came out(2012, so after Marvel 3's release.), Marvel has been focused on removing the X Men from their branding.. This is apparent in their Mobile crossover games, the comics which have been focused on minimizing the X Men's role in the universe for a while now and even official art which is edited to remove them, .They're only interested in MCU characters. They won't promote rival franchises.

1272556200452170531.png

Marvel poster

This rumor isn't without precedent, and in fact if they ever made Marvel vs Capcom 4 I suspected this would happen.

3 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Would be kinda ironic though as MvC's origin was literally X-men vs Street Fighter haha

Hopefully Deadpool is an exception...

I think Deadpool's sheer popularity might net him a spot, but who knows what they think now that the movie was successful and is a threat to the MCU.

When it comes to the non-MCU side of things, the only characters i still wanna see back are Deadpool and Dr. Doom. Plus, Wolverine and Sentinel are very iconic in the meta, so they have a chance (maybe Magneto too, but i'm not sure on him).

But hey, drawing from the MCU means Dr. Strange, Dormammu and Shuma-Gorath are gonna return, and that alone is fine with me. Plus, there are chances for Howard the Duck so i can hope for him.

As for Capcom, the veterans i absolutely wanna see back are Amaterasu, Zero, Arthur, Dante, Vergil, Strider and Phoenix Wright. As for newcomers, my priorities are on Gene (God Hand), Asura (Asura's Wrath), Nilin (Remember Me), Batsu (Rival Schools) and Fou-Lou (hell, ANYONE from Breath of Fire would be acceptable). Also, bring back Classic Megaman, Hayato and Jin pls.

Of course, all of this if these rumors are true, but considering all factors, i'm optimistic. We'll see in a short time i guess.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, KHCast said:

Anyone think Fantastic 4 are fucked here? Or you think they have a better shot than Xmen?

I think they're worse off than the X Men are because they don't have popularity backing them. 

There was only two characters though: Dr Doom and Super Skrull. It's not as big of a loss.

4 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Anyone think Fantastic 4 are fucked here? Or you think they have a better shot than Xmen?

Definitely screwed. Not only was there that disaster of a movie by Fox, but Marvel practically shut down their own line of Fantastic Four merchandise and the comic series itself due to a mixture of unpopularity (Likely thanks to the aforementioned disastrous movies and questionable choices with the characters in the comic itself, like Ultimate FF, as well as Reed Richards being one of the key members of the evil acts of Civil War, but being in the shit position that unlike Tony Stark, he didn't get a movie with a great actor for the role that brought back popularity to the character and basically renewed his popularity) and the fact they don't wanna give Fox any kind of publicity due to their rivalry in the film industry. Doctor Doom is the one with the biggest chance of getting in, and that's likely gonna be on the same merit as Deadpool (Extreme popularity) and the fact that like Magneto, while he's associated with the FF, he can act as an overall Marvel villain as well unlike villains like The Vulture or Venom who generally only operate as main Spidey villains. 

So how long before Capcom does what it did to MVC3 and leak all the endings on their Facebook page.... before said characters are announced?

Also totally expecting some of the Netflix shows to make an appearance, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Punisher. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

So how long before Capcom does what it did to MVC3 and leak all the endings on their Facebook page.... before said characters are announced?

Also totally expecting some of the Netflix shows to make an appearance, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Punisher. 

That reminds me. Hopefully the endings aren't as underwhelming, and there's a actual story like was teased in 3's trailers.

And yeah, Netflix shows will get repped whether it's a stage or a character I'm almost sure of it

11 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I think they're worse off than the X Men are because they don't have popularity backing them. 

There was only two characters though: Dr Doom and Super Skrull. It's not as big of a loss.

Super Skrull was a very clever way to have the F4 in a single character without having them at the same time, so it's more of a shame than anything. Doom though is massively popular in the meta, it would be really sad if he's gonna be cut.

Also, considering how the majority of the female Marvel characters in the previous games were mutants, expect to see Black Widow, Jessica Jones and Gamora in their place (C.Viper kinda had a moveset similar to the style of BW, so i could see potential).

1 minute ago, Teoskaven said:

Super Skrull was a very clever way to have the F4 in a single character without having them at the same time, so it's more of a shame than anything. Doom though is massively popular in the meta, it would be really sad if he's gonna be cut.

Also, considering how the majority of the female Marvel characters in the previous games were mutants, expect to see Black Widow, Jessica Jones and Gamora in their place (C.Viper kinda had a moveset similar to the style of BW, so i could see potential).

Please tell me I'm not the only one who wants Spider-Gwen to be a character.

Spider-Gwen.png

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1Santa said:

Please tell me I'm not the only one who wants Spider-Gwen to be a character.

Spider-Gwen.png

Given how Spider Gwen is so popular right now, I would be suprised if she wasn't in the game.

From looking at the upcoming MCU films, I think characters like Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and Ant-Man (Unless he is religated to Hawkeye's Super again) are definite shoe-ins for the game given how in MvsC3 had certain Marvel characters chosen because they were in upcoming films (Ex: Rocket Raccoon for Guardians of the Galaxy).

On a side note, while I would've wanted a Marvel vs. Capcom "Mega Collection" or a different Vs. Title (*cough* SEGA *cough*) before a Marvel vs. Capcom 4, I still think that its very cool that we might be getting another installment and I can't wait to see if these rumors are true (or not). If they are, then I hope that a Ghost Trick Rep. gets in.

• Thumbs Up 1

Vision is probably almost guaranteed after being so prominent in Avengers, I think pretty much another who was in a marvel movie lately, hero or villian is going to make it. Especially if they are canning all the X-Men. They have heaps of spaces to fill. 

I think we all know who I want to see in this game

giphy.gif

Seriously why the hell wasn't he in MvC3? It still baffles me how some folks were trying to justify is exclusion because "they wanted new characters". If that was the case then we should of removed characters like Ryu, Spider-Man, Captain America etc pretty much everybody who was in the first game. Mega Man may not be as big as Street Fighter and Resident Evil but it's still a big Capcom Mascot. It's like having a Smash Bros game without Kirby or something. Seriously what the heck. Although to be honest I don't care which Mega Man they chose it can either be Classic, X or Legends I just hope they do don't go and troll us with Bad Box Art Mega Man(yes I know it was meant to be a joke but the timing of it was bad) or the one from X-Over.

• Thumbs Up 1

The good news is broken ass/pathetic Phoenix won't show up if x-men are a no show.  Seriously, she was either super broken if put into the right hands, or flat out pathetic due to her feeble health even if she went dark Phoenix.