Awoo.

Marvel VS Capcom Infinite XB1/PS4/PC

Ryannumber1gamer

With Mega Man having been tossed out last game and the X-Men potentially this game, not sure I'd be particularly interested.

I wouldn't be surprised if, should it be real, Capcom promote the shit out of Megaman being included after the shit that guy was going through, and the fan reception to him being excluded, AND the fan reaction to his appearance in Sm4sh

MvC3 wasn't that enjoyable for me so they'd have to change a lot, mechanically, for me to be interested in actively playing a new one. With that said, I'm kind of excited to see what comes of this, and hope that some of the characters I want get in. 

I honestly kinda preferred UMVC3 to MvC2 if I'm gonna be totally honest. 2's fun, but the competitive nature of it is more in the super technical functions and detailed structure. I'm more of a fan of the accessibility and somewhat simplistic nature of 3. Kinda like Melee vs Smash 4 in the respect. Like em both, but the cult favorite seems on another level that I don't find myself fitting into.

• Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, Tornado said:

I'd rather have a PC port of UMvC 3.

: /

Yeah,  at least then I'd know for sure at the moment that Phoenix Wright will be in the game. Like man,  that's the one 7th gen game I absolutely want to play but don't have the means or funds to. 

6 hours ago, KHCast said:

I wouldn't be surprised if, should it be real, Capcom promote the shit out of Megaman being included after the shit that guy was going through, and the fan reception to him being excluded, AND the fan reaction to his appearance in Sm4sh

Considering MN9 just came out as well,  it'd be the perfect opportunity to hint a new MM game is coming. 

Despite being still a rumor, I believe it's possible.

But they gotta go back and use the MvC 2 gameplay, that shit is seriously solid, possibly one of THE MOST solid fighting games to date. Also, bring Megaman, classic or X, otherwise people will rage till the rest of the year...

Going by all the things I've heard over the past few days, (Even Maximillan is backing this up.) I believe it's 999999.9% real. Couldn't care less about the X Men. As long as Classic Mega Man and my favorite Marvel characters are in, I'm all over this. This is the only other fighting game that can come close to Smash Bros. hype.

So far, I've only played Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 on the Playstation Vita and even then it's been a long time since I last played it, so I'm not super familiar with the series, but I remember really liking it, so I'm hoping this game is real. Can't really be annoyed with X-Men characters not appearing since I never cared for that franchise. Just add in Zero from Mega Man X as a playable character, and we'll be good.

Switch Release, Switch Release, Switch Release pllllleeeeeaaaasssseee. Would be great, 2 player mult on the go, being able to do tournament level practice on the go on par with the full version and a ton of fun

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Switch Release, Switch Release, Switch Release pllllleeeeeaaaasssseee. Would be great, 2 player mult on the go, being able to do tournament level practice on the go on par with the full version and a ton of fun

I'm curios how it would work competitive wise, especially if they go back to MvC2 style. The switch looks fairly simplistic when you use the split controller function, and the touchpad itself I'm not sure would be a comfortable traditional fighting game controller. Though I could be wrong. Tatsunoko vs Capcom was able to work in the Wii. 

Also if we could get the entire MvC series on one system that'd be awsome

1 hour ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

There arent enough buttons on a joycon for that. 

Expect it to go to Sony/PC regardless, if they have a similar deal set up for the one they had with Street Fighter V

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah to play on a single Joy-Con for same-screen MP would be... a struggle to say the least.

NintendoSwitch_hardware2.0.0.jpg

You technically could (since Marvel 3 was a four button game),  but it'd be very awkward considering how tiny a single Joy-Con looks to be.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Wraith said:

There arent enough buttons on a joycon for that. 

Expect it to go to Sony/PC regardless, if they have a similar deal set up for the one they had with Street Fighter V

doubtful, limiting to one platform limits profit, and Nintendo was in a weak state, and now They're strong with a new platform, and on the best terms with capcom. Heck, they are the only ones who ever got an exclusive vs game

...am I missing something here? I'm pretty sure you can still play with normal pads in handheld mode. Isn't that what they showed with the Splatoon guys at the end of the original reveal? MvC isn't exactly a splitscreen game either, so I wouldn't be too worried about screen size - at least, not any moreso than it would've applied for a singleplayer game.

33 minutes ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

doubtful, limiting to one platform limits profit, and Nintendo was in a weak state, and now They're strong with a new platform, and on the best terms with capcom. Heck, they are the only ones who ever got an exclusive vs game

You're missing the point. What Wraith means by "a similar deal" to SFV is the fact that Sony funded the game. It literally would not have been made without their help. Under those circumstances, it is no surprise that the game is a console exclusive in return for that funding, and the same could yet happen to MvC4 depending on whether Capcom's financial straits are still as bad as they were back then. Nintendo's own standing, and the money Capcom could potentially stand to make from making a Switch port (and as a Ninty fan myself, I should still stress that Ninty's actual "strength" with the Switch is still completely unproven anyway) is pretty much irrelevant under these circumstances.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Blacklightning said:

...am I missing something here? I'm pretty sure you can still play with normal pads in handheld mode. Isn't that what they showed with the Splatoon guys at the end of the original reveal? MvC isn't exactly a splitscreen game either, so I wouldn't be too worried about screen size - at least, not any moreso than it would've applied for a singleplayer game.

I actually did forget about the Pro Controller working in handheld mode, ngl.

In relation to the exclusivity thing, I believe one of the people that said that MvC4 is being shown as the PSX keynote also said that it is unlikely to be exclusive.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Athena Cykes said:

I actually did forget about the Pro Controller working in handheld mode, ngl.

In relation to the exclusivity thing, I believe one of the people that said that MvC4 is being shown as the PSX keynote also said that it is unlikely to be exclusive.

So was FF7RE and it's only a timed exclusive. and actually that rumor was unproven

Remember when Capcom said they couldn't afford a new fighting game? 

Then Sony paid them for Street Fighter 5?

They're totally funding this too, can't even begin to imagine the cost for the Marvel license alone, let alone to produce a 3D fighter with a large cast of character. And the idea of playing any beat em up on the switch looks like it would be utter madness.

• Thumbs Up 2

19 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Remember when Capcom said they couldn't afford a new fighting game? 

Then Sony paid them for Street Fighter 5?

They're totally funding this too, can't even begin to imagine the cost for the Marvel license alone, let alone to produce a 3D fighter with a large cast of character. And the idea of playing any beat em up on the switch looks like it would be utter madness.

Um, how? Capcom got a fighting game working on a wii-mote for goodness sake, and the standard setup is completely fine, there are secondary standard game remotes, the screen size is fine, and as for power level, there were competent working ports of SF4 and Dead or Alive on the 3DS for goodness sake.and Capcom's in better shape, and Nintendo always gets super heavy Japanese support at launch

• Thumbs Up 1

The joystick itself for the Switch I still can't see working with a traditional fighter. (The wiimote looks like it has more buttons than the switch joysticks) The game pad I'm still hesitant on working as executing complicated combos on that looks like it'd be a pain. And requiring people to get the pro controller to play this on it would probably annoy people as they probably don't wanna be forced to get another controller just for one game they want.

As for the screen size, it not being split screen isn't the point in making. Flashy fighters with all that stuff going on in two player mode just seems like it'd be a mess to watch. I mean even smash had this issue with the game pad in 8-player smash.

3 minutes ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Um, how? Capcom got a fighting game working on a wii-mote for goodness sake, and the standard setup is completely fine, there are secondary standard game remotes, the screen size is fine, and as for power level, there were competent working ports of SF4 and Dead or Alive on the 3DS for goodness sake.and Capcom's in better shape, and Nintendo always gets super heavy Japanese support at launch

Because the switches controllers are super tiny and you'll have no choice but to fork out for a larger controller in some way to have a decent beat em up experience.

• Thumbs Up 1