Awoo.

Marvel VS Capcom Infinite XB1/PS4/PC

Ryannumber1gamer

6 hours ago, Dejimon11 said:

And the guy has revealed the roster and....wut?

DBHcQ7bUQAABWtY.jpg

I just find this hard to believe. It's not because "lol neogaf" since this guy has been on the money so far it's just that this is super safe and not to mention the fact that Black Panther, Vemon, Deadpool and Ms. Marvel aren't on this list despite having cover variants for the game just seems fishy. 

This goes completely against what the alternate covers Marvel announced weeks ago suggested. Why making one for Venom if he's not even in the game? Plus the Funko Pop thing.
And before you say it, no, it cannot be DLC since it was stated in the very trailer that all DLC characters in the first package are complete newcomers.
Methinks Ryce  and the other guy just saw or got information from either a beta of the roster or an incomplete version of it anyway.

13 hours ago, Dejimon11 said:

And the guy has revealed the roster and....wut?

DBHcQ7bUQAABWtY.jpg

I just find this hard to believe. It's not because "lol neogaf" since this guy has been on the money so far it's just that this is super safe and not to mention the fact that Black Panther, Vemon, Deadpool and Ms. Marvel aren't on this list despite having cover variants for the game just seems fishy. 

A piss poor list. If anything this is catering to movie fans,that know noting of marvel or capcom besides basic top level names almost.

Also a venom pop means noting honestly nor the covers unless specifically said to be real by capcom. And you can bet there will be dlc though do maybe there

But for now my hype is at like a 4 out of 10

If this roster is the truth, wanna take bets on an "Ultimate" updated edition later down the road? edgeworth-smirk%28a%29.gif

Cause man does this scream vanilla. Even without bringing up how it seems like a downgrade and mitigating in team numbers, taking away assists, down to 2v2, etc,  downgrading from UMVC3. I'd be okay with some maybe, even with UMVC3 being my jumping on point for this series, but I'll be danged before I get a game in that state at launch, or possibly at all (with some few exceptions in mind).

20 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

If this roster is the truth, wanna take bets on an "Ultimate" updated edition later down the road? :think:

I say about 5 months later.

Edit: The more I think about it the more I feel this might be a blessing in disguise. With me finally getting time for injustice 2 and Tekken 7 around the corner I'll be swamped in fighting games. Probably wouldn't have time for another.

• Promotion 1

I'm so conflicted. If this is all true, that roster is very underwhelming... but Jedah?! I've been vainly hoping for him ever since a new MvC was even hinted, and it may just actually happen? Don't do this to me Capcom. : (

But nearly every other character I used isn't going to be included this time (at least not until DLC or Ultimate or whatever, and that's still a what-if). I guess I can be happy Dante and Firebrand may be sticking around, but even with Jedah in the mix, I think I'll have to wait on getting the game. I also wanna see what scummy thing Capcom's going to do this time before I give them my money again...

3 hours ago, Meta77 said:

Also a venom pop means noting honestly nor the covers

Nor does a baseless "leak", yet everyone on the internet is ready to jump ship at its immediate vision because it can give an excuse to shit on Capcom yet again.
And the covers are something Marvel itself announced officially: a fact, as opposed to this leak wich has nothing to sustain it aside from the identity of its source, wich in itself prooves nothing.
If this really happens to be true, i'll accept it and i too will start complaining. But not until some official actual facts.

Jedah and a Monster Hunter are both really cool (particularly if a.) it's a girl hunter and b.) wearing something other than Rath gear) but the rest of that roster is pretty fuckin weaksauce IMO. So many returning characters from 3 and so little new guys to me makes for a pretty boring roster. It's weird there's no SFV rep, as well.  

Like no girls as well? 4 girls in the whole game what the fuck?  No X-Men? is this even MVC anymore???????????????????????????????????

• Thumbs Up 4

9 hours ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

If this roster is the truth, wanna take bets on an "Ultimate" updated edition later down the road? edgeworth-smirk%28a%29.gif

Cause man does this scream vanilla. Even without bringing up how it seems like a downgrade and mitigating in team numbers, taking away assists, down to 2v2, etc,  downgrading from UMVC3. I'd be okay with some maybe, even with UMVC3 being my jumping on point for this series, but I'll be danged before I get a game in that state at launch, or possibly at all (with some few exceptions in mind).

On the bright side, it could mean that the game doesn't have anymore 0 to 100 combos or broken character loops like 3 had, though I guess they could've just balanced all of this out while still adding more characters to the mix (heck MvC 2 did it).

10 hours ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

I missed this post originally, but while I wouldn't rule out an "ultimate" version entirely, I think it's way more likely it's going to get rolling support in "seasons" like SFV with drip fed characters and a big balance patch/update once a year or so.  Super or Ultimate versions have a stigma and I think capcom are trying to get away from them, so people actually feel safe buying a first release without wanting to wait for an expansion.  

This was a common theme throughout SFV's pre and post release, and even towards the end of SF4, where you could DLC upgrade everything. SFV wasn't a massive smash hit but I can't see them regressing on that idea so soon TBH.

Taking out assists.... moving down to 2v2 seem more like "this series needs a refresh" or "lets build on that kinda interesting idea we had in SFxT" than "lets hold back 3v3 and assists" for an Ultimate version. 

On 5/31/2017 at 9:37 PM, Remy said:

"lets hold back 3v3 and assists" for an Ultimate version. 

Oh I didn't mean it like that. I just meant that the game felt enough like a downgrade from the previous game because of downshifting back to 2v2 and whatnot....in addition to what looks to be a piss poor starting roster, and even worse the limited one for the story mode.

Capcom Loss
Akuma
Amaterasu
C. Viper
Felicia
Haggar
Hsien-Ko
Jill
Phoenix Wright
Trish
Tron
Vergil
Viewtiful Joe
Wesker
Zero

Capcom Gain
Jedah
Monster Hunter
X

Marvel Loss
Deadpool
Doctor Doom
Dormammu
Ghost Rider
Iron Fist
M.O.D.O.K.
Magneto
Phoenix
Sentinel
She-Hulk
Shuma-Gorath
Storm
Super-Skrull
Taskmaster
Wolverine
X-23

Marvel Gain
Ant-Man
Captain Marvel
Gamora
Thanos
Ultron

Cry with me.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=238620741&postcount=11791

9YXLJXR.gif

God damn does this roster make so little sense!

First off, it's already been stated that MvC Infinite is reusuing assests so unless Capcom is planning to mooch off sales in DLC, why in the hell don't they simply rip those that worked well in the previous game and re-tool those that need retooling for this one!?

Second off, 2 Ghosts and Goblins reps over some of your more long-running and sustained IPs!?

Third, yes, my love of Ace Attorney aside, AA is one of Capcom's front liners at this point that hasn't been sucked dry! And the old "oh they wouldn't work in a fighting game or story involving battle" thing has long since been torn asunder by the likes of UMVC3 and Project x Zone 2.

Fourth, man the dissing of some of the veterans like Tron Bonne, Jill Valentine,  etc.....ouch.

Fifth, the elephant in the room: LACK of diversity. Like even without the X-Men, it's like they're not even trying.

Sixth, geez Marvel/Capcom, maybe cool it down a bit with the marketing for the MCU?

Seventh, if you're really insistent on the MCU, why the hell is Black Panther not on the initial roster??

Eight, alright okay! I love Nemesis and I prefer him over Wesker or Jill....but even I can't deny how out of left field that is.

Ninth, MCU-wise, the Marvel side does have some rhyme to reason. Granted it's a shitty business-executive tier reason and it doesn't excuse it, but gosh darn, Capcom's side makes way less sense. If this roster is true, it's like they're scraping for the bare minimum.

• Thumbs Up 7

So quick question here. What does Arthur do that X doesn't already cover? Both get buffs featuring super armor, and both use projectile based special weapons that hit at different angles.

@Jovahexeon Joranvexeon On issues 5 and 9 I just want you to remember they introduced the new Ghost rider in TV and was easily the best thing about the current season of AOS. They could've brought him in but didn't.

On issue 7 it's no big deal, it's just business. We're living in 2017 son, if you want a full grown black guy just buy him when they open the store and sell him off.

Spoiler

Remember this is Trumps america, and Pearlmutter is in bed with him.

• Absolutely 1

X doesn't get from what we've seen damage reduction; Arthur in MvC3 effectively switches between 3 stances that affect his projectiles properties (example: in Gold Armor mode the crossbow bolts are 3 instead of 2 and are homing projectiles) and the damage he takes.
This assuming that he's back in Infinite and he retains the same stats and moves from 3.

12 minutes ago, Teoskaven said:

X doesn't get from what we've seen damage reduction; Arthur in MvC3 effectively switches between 3 stances that affect his projectiles properties (example: in Gold Armor mode the crossbow bolts are 3 instead of 2 and are homing projectiles) and the damage he takes.
This assuming that he's back in Infinite and he retains the same stats and moves from 3.

Okay noted.

Also another claim the roster is legit

Dude writes Yahoo's FGC articles BTW

I'm in the same boat with everyone when saying that this is a rather underwhelming starting roster list tbh, even less so than vanilla MvC 3. It's really disappointing that it seems legit. Both sides of the roster are really rough, but I think it's bit worse with Marvel's side because of the lack of X-Men and Fantastic Four characters, thanks to Marvel having to use MCU-only characters as their main representatives, until DLC at least. Although Capcom has no excuses either as they lack any of the other classic Capcom characters that appeared from the previous MvC series, it saddens me greatly. The only returning characters are ones from MvC 3 and Ultimate edition and that's it. Also, only four female characters out of this list is just ridiculous. I really want to stay positive about MvC: Infinite, but this just really sucked a lot of interest I had in this game.

• Thumbs Up 3

22 hours ago, Balding Spider said:

@Jovahexeon Joranvexeon On issues 5 and 9 I just want you to remember they introduced the new Ghost rider in TV and was easily the best thing about the current season of AOS. They could've brought him in but didn't.

Errr, I kinda meant gender and racial diversity, but yeah, that's a point you bring up too!

Yeah, I'm just not feelin' this one, the more I hear about, the less it sounds like a project made of actual passion and care and more something made out of obligation because Street Fighter was getting old.

• Thumbs Up 3

So, here's the gripe I have the roaster, I'm assuming the reason part of the reason why it focuses on generally things that don't really need an explanation on why they would even be there is because of the story mode needs to be able to taken seriously, sure, there will be jokes but there is more plot than "the bad guy is doing something bad, fight for no reason and then stop them", but the thing is, MVC is fun because it's not grounded, that what makes it different from Capcom vs. SNK, that game is mostly Street Fighter vs. KOF, it's what people who were requesting it more or less wanted, two fighting icon series clashing, plus, with the usual tournament storylines the series have, it's a bit easy to swallow why they're fighting, when you get down to, most people probably wouldn't even associate Marvel with Capcom, much less the choices in the first game, who would honestly expect Roll and Strider Hiryu would fight Hulk and Venom one day back before it was a thing? And Marvel can be silly and still be taken seriously, look at their movies, they are filled with banter but there is still a sense of urgency, heck, look at the provided roaster, Arthur is a tiny man who constantly fights in his underwear, Rocket is a wisecracking racoon alien who is best friends with a tree that can only say "I am Groot", Monster Hunter doesn't even have a name if we go by the info and the very idea of Ultron-Sigma is ridiculous, but that's okay, it's okay to be silly, we can have story and silly characters at the same time, heck, look at Project X Zone 2, why does Phoenix have lawyer powers? Because Morrigan  gave him them, they combined the lore, that's what I want to see in this game.

Plus, I want to point out that there is literally nothing stopping the characters from FF and X-Men being there besides Marvel being bitter, otherwise, why are they still in the port of Ultimate? bitterness over rights caused that terrible  Fantastic Four reboot, ya know, let's not screw over fans over sales and become who we are fighting in the first place.

At least we got Megaman this time, right? RIGHT? RIGHT? .... It's better than nothing.

3 hours ago, Jango said:

At least we got Megaman this time, right? RIGHT? RIGHT? .... It's better than nothing.

It's like capcom think in extremes. "Have a bunch of interesting characters in 3, but no megaman, or have megaman, but barely any interesting characters. :|

• Thumbs Up 1

Why can't we have Mega Man plus interesting characters? 

• Thumbs Up 1

If you're pessimistic enough to believe blindly an evidenceless leak, of course you're not worthy.

• Thumbs Up 1