Awoo.

Marvel VS Capcom Infinite XB1/PS4/PC

Ryannumber1gamer

So Gamestop had an interview with the devs. They did talk about the X-Men characters and...um...

DDBw5aIUAAE3ugh.jpg

DDBxombUMAMd9Ma.jpg

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-devs-on-preserving-depth/1100-6451133/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0b

Yeah let's be real their reasoning is pretty bullshit. We're still getting X-Men films and and we're getting a new show next year. Not to mention that Logan came out 3 months ago.  It really seems like this is more of a Marvel thing not wanting to promote the stuff they don't own the film rights to rather than a Capcom thing. 

• Thumbs Up 8

I honestly pity whatever nieces and nephews of Combofiend have to say when they say "My uncle who works at Capcom said......X".

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, of course, people don't know X-Men. It's not like they've had a constant stream of movies for the past 17 years.

The point about people only liking them for how they function is just dumb. This is a crossover game. Characters are a big part of it. I barely remember how characters like Wolverine or Gambit play, but I still want them, because I like them. 

But, hey, at least we'll eventually be able to pay extra for these characters whose function, which is really all they are, you already have.

• Thumbs Up 2

It was like weeks and weeks ago that I last saw a film set in the X-men universe. I can't even remember the name of that guy with the claws, so this makes perfect sense.

• Thumbs Up 5

Y'know, I get that they can't throw Disney under the bus and all (and that ain't even talking about how freaking stupid the "characters = functions" excuse when asked about the leak was) but man, they really need to shoot for responses that don't come off as insulting the community's intelligence.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, Pawn said:

It was like weeks and weeks ago that I last saw a film set in the X-men universe. I can't even remember the name of that guy with the claws, so this makes perfect sense.

Oh yeah, you mean Vulture.

21 hours ago, Dejimon11 said:

So Gamestop had an interview with the devs. They did talk about the X-Men characters and...um...

DDBw5aIUAAE3ugh.jpg

DDBxombUMAMd9Ma.jpg

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-devs-on-preserving-depth/1100-6451133/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0b

Yeah let's be real their reasoning is pretty bullshit. We're still getting X-Men films and and we're getting a new show next year. Not to mention that Logan came out 3 months ago.  It really seems like this is more of a Marvel thing not wanting to promote the stuff they don't own the film rights to rather than a Capcom thing. 

Hit the nail on the head, man. This is just another stop in the long line of excluding characters that Marvel doesn't have the film rights to. Other examples being the cartoons and merchandise.

6 minutes ago, Balding Spider said:

Oh yeah, you mean Vulture.

Hit the nail on the head, man. This is just another stop in the long line of excluding characters that Marvel doesn't have the film rights to. Other examples being the cartoons and merchandise.

Technically, Disney/Perlmutter than Marvel proper. The actual comics haven't had issues lately

The X-Men have also recently been added to the Marvel Future Fight app that they were completely excluded from before, so hopefully that's a sign that this stupid pettiness is at least on the way out.

3 hours ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Technically, Disney/Perlmutter than Marvel proper. The actual comics haven't had issues lately

Well now yes, though keep in mind they did try to overshadow them with the Inhumans as a sort of replacement. To the point where they litrally crippled a long established character, stuck him a wheelchair, and made him a mentor character.

3 hours ago, Hello Yello CC14 said:

The X-Men have also recently been added to the Marvel Future Fight app that they were completely excluded from before, so hopefully that's a sign that this stupid pettiness is at least on the way out.

Still waiting for those FF reps though. Man I need Super Skrull back...

The thing that stings the absolute most was the answer to character inclusions or exclusions coming down to characters just being "functions" and nothing more.

That's FGC thinking patterns. Caring only about the mechanics and like, nothing else.

Can we all agree that that's one of the most dumbest things to say in regards to...y'know....a crossover game? Like seriously, characters do actually help make or break these kind of game's sales.

• Thumbs Up 2

On the bright side, producer Michael Evans made a surprisingly candid statement about Chun-Li's face - he called it "disgusting". No, really. Apparently it was in jest, but if they're actually talking about it...

Hopefully, the team gives a good chunk of the cast a do-over. Most of the Capcom characters, Thor and Cap look terrible.

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 8:38 PM, JovahexeonJunkoJoranvexeon said:

The thing that stings the absolute most was the answer to character inclusions or exclusions coming down to characters just being "functions" and nothing more.

That's FGC thinking patterns. Caring only about the mechanics and like, nothing else.

Can we all agree that that's one of the most dumbest things to say in regards to...y'know....a crossover game? Like seriously, characters do actually help make or break these kind of game's sales.

I mean, it is a fighting game at the end of the day so its not like I can really blame them all that much, though unless they have replacements for the characters they exclude its a moot point.

4 minutes ago, MegasonicZX said:

I mean, it is a fighting game at the end of the day so its not like I can really blame them all that much, though unless they have replacements for the characters they exclude its a moot point.

Not only that, but recall the hypocrisy about how this is coming from Combofiend. The guy who pretty much lives and breathes Spencer. Would love see his reactions if Spencer was booted for a Vs. gamel because of the same BS excuse he gave.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/23/2017 at 7:18 PM, Dejimon11 said:

DDBw5aIUAAE3ugh.jpg

DDBxombUMAMd9Ma.jpg

Lol. Considering one of the most successful superhero films was an X-men one technically(deadpool) I find this hilarious bullshit. Like how can they with a straight face smugly say this haha

Marvel should have never outsourced those franchises tbh. Maybe allowed for partnerships with those companies so we could still get stuff like Logan and Deadpool, but man, this is just causing more shit than anything. I mean think about it, the MvC franchise first began because of X-men in X-men vs Street Fighter, and they're not gonna be in a MvC game. Fuck man.

11 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Marvel should have never outsourced those franchises tbh. Maybe allowed for partnerships with those companies so we could still get stuff like Logan and Deadpool, but man, this is just causing more shit than anything. I mean think about it, the MvC franchise first began because of X-men in X-men vs Street Fighter, and they're not gonna be in a MvC game. Fuck man.

if I'm remembering correctly marvel was losing money at the time they sold their movie licenses to so many companies so odds are if it wasn't for the first 2 x-men and spiderman movies then theres a fair chance that marvel would've hit archie comics levels of low business. the real problem at the moment is that the heads of fox likely plan on milking the x-men movie franchise dry before they consider selling it back to marvel/disney.

Well, the negative reception-meh from most of those films not made by Marvel I feel overall just did more harm than good even if they got some money to keep them going. And it's now fucked the MCU since certain X-men, important to those plots, now won't show up(I mean we all remember how much of a mess it was to get just scarlet witch and quicksilver in) Plus, weren't they bought out by Disney not long after they had sold to Sony and Fox? Speaking of which, wonder if Marvel could try convincing Disney to lend a hand with some of the legal issues.

I'm kinda torn on this game.

The graphics really aren't great. Everyone has this weird grainy look, I guess for realism? But it makes everyone, especially Arthur, look super weird.

On the other hand, the gameplay is far more accessible and a lot more fun than 3. I can't believe how much I enjoyed playing as X. I would've liked to test out his moves more but the demo doesn't have a training mode. But man... I love him.

Well, since graphics aren't a make or break decision for me, I'll probably end up buying it. Although I'm a bit annoyed about the on disc DLC (or at least, I think it has that).

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, the really sad thing is that the gameplay feels like the ONLY thing that has passion put into it.

Regardless of whether or not the leaks are true, this is based off of what we've seen.

In most cases that can salvage a game, but not with a fanservice crossover series, no sir.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 23/06/2017 at 11:18 PM, Dejimon11 said:

DDBw5aIUAAE3ugh.jpg

DDBxombUMAMd9Ma.jpg

So wait, the X-Men, who had a big movie last year and a movie focused on one of their most popular characters not even four months ago are apparently forgotten.

But the Mega Man X series, that aside from a couple of crossovers, has no new entries for 10 fucking years is apparently popular enough to have not one, but THREE characters on the game? 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1

Legality aside, I don't see how this would do anything BUT benefit all parties by including X-men reps. Capcom, Marvel, Fox, Sony, etc. all have only things to gain from something like this, so it's just baffling to see this is such a issue.

1 minute ago, KHCast said:

Legality aside

Bruh. Legality ain't got much to do with it. It's Marvel Studios' pettiness you're after more so. 

• Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, JovahexeonJunkoJoranvexeon said:

Bruh. Legality ain't got much to do with it. It's Marvel Studios' pettiness you're after more so. 

You mean Marvel Entertainment. Marvel Studios and Marvel Entertainment are two separate entities at Disney. Marvel Studios head Kevin Fiege only runs the movie department. He has no say in the gaming department. Marvel Entertainment's head is a giant, corporate douchebag cheapskate known as Ike Perlmutter.  Every dumb, petty decision made by Marvel has been done under his belt.

• Thumbs Up 2