Awoo.

Marvel VS Capcom Infinite XB1/PS4/PC

Ryannumber1gamer

I pretty firmly believe the new mechanics suit 2v2 more. 3v3 with such a free tagging system would lead to lengthy and annoying matches.  

There's also more content in this game overall. The arcade endings in 3 were pathetic.

I think the only real problems with this game are roster and presentation. If you care about the mechanics under the hood at all though I don't think these will end up bothering you that much, and if they do, just wait til next year or something when there are more characters. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The arcade ending for me suited the arcade style MvC3 was going for with its "story mode" imo. 

If you care about mechanics over presentation that's fine. Some people care about raw mechanics over Pokémon designs and presentation too.

4 minutes ago, KHCast said:

The arcade ending for me suited the arcade style MvC3 was going for with its "story mode" imo. 

If you care about mechanics over presentation that's fine. Some people care about raw mechanics over Pokémon designs and presentation too.

But...this game also has arcade mode in it. It literally just doesn't have the ending. The two panels at the end.

In a lot of ways this game literally just has more stuff in it.

The lack of doom is the real shame, but I’d buy it.... if it was out on my console. My pc is in no shape to run it and I’m switch only

• The title was changed to Marvel VS Capcom Infinite XB1/PS4/PC
20 hours ago, Josh said:

In a lot of ways this game literally just has more stuff in it.

I mean, the only points where I will openly criticize Infinite will be in the roster and the presentation. The gameplay is fucking great and while the story mode is corny as fuck it feels... I don't know. Comic-booky?

But yeah more base characters would've made this game a lot better. And I don't even mind the MVC3 character rehash (love me some Nemesis) but this needed more new faces.

Love me some Jedah though. That guy just animates F L A W L E S S L Y and should have been the standard for character animations. 

• Thumbs Up 5

SIGMA AND T'CHALLA ARE IN THE HOUUUUUUUSE! Also, they're coming with Monster Hunter later this month.

I'm still bitter over the fact that they pretty much kept these guys as DLC and they're arguably the most interesting add ons to the roster.

• Thumbs Up 4

12 minutes ago, MegasonicZX said:

I'm still bitter over the fact that they pretty much kept these guys as DLC and they're arguably the most interesting add ons to the roster.

Especially when Black Panther had no business being left out of the roster what with him being in the story mode already,  and Sigma, the villain counterpart to Ultron some how being left out while the former is in the base roster. 

• Thumbs Up 4

BOW DOWN TO MEEEEEEEEEEEE.

FUCK that was too fucking badass. 

Why the fuck are these guys DLC. 

Good game Capcom, you make the best characters DLC so you can get maximum profit from me. 

Well it works.

Fuck you.

EDIT: Premium costumes for Monster Hunter, Sigma X5's costume, and Black Panther.

That fucking Monster Hunter hnng. 

Black Panther looks lit. Not sure how well he'll synergize with my other main(Cap) but we'll see.

6 hours ago, Wisphead said:

Good game Capcom, you make the best characters DLC so you can get maximum profit from me. 

Well it works.

Fuck you.

EDIT: Premium costumes for Monster Hunter, Sigma X5's costume, and Black Panther.

I love me some panther (with wolverines functions) and Sigma but I wouldn't shell out $16 for them

Just now, Night on Balding Mountain said:

I love me some panther (with wolverines functions) and Sigma but I wouldn't shell out $16 for them

That's assuming we can even get them separate outside the collective $30.00 for 6 extra characters. :U

• Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, Night on Balding Mountain said:

I love me some panther (with wolverines functions)

The functions meme is actually pretty good. He does look like Logan though even if his supers/specials seem different the pace and general vibe of his move set looks similar?

17th is sooner than I was expecting, but tbh this DLC can't come soon enough. I need someone to go along with Chun Li and Haggar isn't cutting it atm.

• Thumbs Up 1

58 minutes ago, Night on Balding Mountain said:

But dude.

VENOM!

I'm waiting to see if it's shitty ass (although still cool) Agent Venom or master race Eddie Brock Venom. If it's Eddie Brock Venom I am sorry but I will have to shell out for the season pass. I missed Venom so much in MVC3.

Fucking Capcom and Marvel. 

40 minutes ago, Wisphead said:

But dude.

VENOM!

I'm waiting to see if it's shitty ass (although still cool) Agent Venom or master race Eddie Brock Venom. If it's Eddie Brock Venom I am sorry but I will have to shell out for the season pass. I missed Venom so much in MVC3.

Fucking Capcom and Marvel. 

It'll probably be Eddie. Since the Sony movie and all.

Hopefully they can do his awesome old sprite animations justice with a 3D model. Always liked venom in the older MVC games.

1 minute ago, Night on Balding Mountain said:

It'll probably be Eddie. Since the Sony movie and all.

Coming from the guys that ditched the X-Men and Fantastic Four characters, and considering the Symbiote characters from story mode look awkwardly similar to what an Agent Venom might play, I'm really really hoping it's not Agent Venom. 

24 minutes ago, Wisphead said:

Coming from the guys that ditched the X-Men and Fantastic Four characters, and considering the Symbiote characters from story mode look awkwardly similar to what an Agent Venom might play, I'm really really hoping it's not Agent Venom. 

Shit, that's a fair point. I just figured Eddie was more popular, and they didn't need another gunner character with Winter soldier on the way.

Eddie's also the current Venom in the comics and as I recall, the only reason he wasn't in MvC3 was because Marvel and Capcom couldn't agree on which one to use (Capcom wanted Brock, but Marvel wanted the most recent one at the time), so he was practically guaranteed.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/4/2017 at 12:24 PM, Wisphead said:

Well it works.

Fuck you.

Separately they're $8.00 each. Jesus christ.

That means getting half of the roster offered in the $30.00 Season 1 pass is $24.00. Greedy as ever I see. :U

9 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon said:

That means getting half of the roster offered in the $30.00 Season 1 pass is $24.00. Greedy as ever I see. :U

Welcome to modern gaming industry, where you now pay $60 for a demo and the actual game is post-launch $30 DLC.

How far the stars have fallen.

But god damn I need me some Venom and Sigma.

On 10/6/2017 at 1:12 PM, Wisphead said:

Welcome to modern gaming industry, where you now pay $60 for a demo and the actual game is post-launch $30 DLC.

It sure doesn't help that reportedly, dlc was cut from the main game and sold separately. Now made even more blatantly clear:

http://heavy.com/games/2017/10/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-dlc-characters-graphics-budget/

Report: Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite DLC Was Cut from Final Game & Sold Separately

If you thought that Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite was just a little bit off, you may be right. YouTuber and Comicbook.com Writer Liam Robertson uncovered some interesting info about the game directly from employees at Capcom involved with the project, which he talked to over the past few months leading to the game’s release. They proved to be reliable sources since they provided accurate info to Robertson about the DLC characters months ahead of their announcement.

Speaking of which, Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite has DLC coming for a fighter from the Monster Hunter franchise as well as Marvel’s Black Panther. However, Robertson’s sources said that both characters were completed months before launch and could have easily been a part of the final game. Capcom was even considering including them in the game at launch, but decided to cut them from the game so that people would have to pay for them separately after launch through the 2017 Character Pass. This is especially questionable considering that content related to Black Panther and the Monster Hunter fighter was in the final game. Black Panther even appeared in the story mode.

Many on social media have lampooned the lack of production values for the game, especially in regards to the character models and other areas where corners were cut. This drop in quality from other games in the series is perhaps best demonstrated with the tweet below comparing Ghost Rider’s Level 3 Super between Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Infinite, as mentioned by Robertson. PewDiePie’s current profile picture for his channel is a picture of Infinite’s Dante from Devil May Cry with a red square over it as the character model for Dante was one of the most mocked aspects of the game.

Robertson wasn’t able to get exact figures in regards to the budget for the game, but a few sources told him that the budget was around half of what was reserved for the DLC plans for Street Fighter V. Not half the budget of the whole game, mind you, but the DLC. This may explain why some features in previous games in the series were unavailable and why the animations and models had corners cut.

In fact, much of Infinite’s content was made using preexisting internal assets. Many of the models including much of the roster on the Capcom side had their character models and other assets brought over from Marvel vs. Capcom 3, which was released on November 15, 2011. Some assets were lifted from other old games. Little to no changes were made to the recycled assets. Artists were told to simply alter the shaders for the new art style with only minor tweaks made to make them work.

The sources were very concerned about how little was being spent on the game, with some describing it as a shoestring budget. However, their management saw no problems with it at all and ignored concerns from developers. Higher ups only started to take notice when fans started deriding the graphics on social media and forums. People making fun of Chun-Li’s appearance is said to have played a big role in this, causing management to intervene and have part of the game touched up in time for release.

Robertson previously uncovered evidence of a lost adventure game starring Mario and the Raving Rabbids, meaning that Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle isn’t the first crossover with Super Mario and the Rabbids planned.

While Robertson’s use of anonymous sources prevents his report from being 100 percent fact, he did verify their validity and accuracy. Either way, I believe his source to be legitimate and I certainly believe that Capcom would not be above cutting content intended for launch out of the game and holding it to ransom. After all, the publisher was one of the most famous users of on-disk DLC, in which DLC is already included in the game’s files and people are charged for the privilege of actually accessing it. Thankfully that practice has died down in recent years, but this whole situation with Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite is yet more mounting evidence to the long-held accusation of publishers carving content out of games and selling it to us separately. Stuff that used to be standard in games is not being used to nickel and dime people. Remember when Capcom put a price tag on cheat codes in Dead Rising 2?

As for the graphical downgrade and tiny budget, I maintain that art direction always trumps graphical prowess. I’d rather have an interesting-looking game than seeing individual strands of a character’s hair in a boring world. But while Infinite is still visually striking compared to most games, the technical stuff really hampers the whole art direction.

We always hand wave expensive DLC and free-to-play style loot boxes in games charging a premium price upfront, saying that the content is just cosmetic and doesn’t technically affect the game. Well the reception to Infinite’s graphics proves that cosmetics are immensely important to games. They’re one of the most important parts of immersing you into a game’s world and story and keeping you immersed. They’re also an important part of a game’s marketing because in lieu of gameplay the visuals are all we have to go by to get us excited. That’s why Infinite’s graphics were such bad PR and why having poor or even broken graphics in games is a real problem. Publishers know cosmetics matter to a great deal of people, and so they take advantage of their love of visual design and fashion as well as more content to charge them as DLC or as part of loot box gambles.

Maybe Capcom thought that fighting games were a niche genre and thus wasn’t worth pumping money into. While that’s understandable, the audience for fighting games is bigger and more passionate than ever thanks to the rise of streaming services and tournaments. And when your follow up to a beloved fighting game series receives a technical downgrade or even missing features, that’s going to upset a lot of those passionate fans.

My only question is where Capcom’s pride is. Maybe it’s in one of their DLC packs.

Wow look at all the evidence in that article and video V

Wow there isn't any because it's My Uncle Works at Capcom bullshit.

Like it's 100% possible that these characters were cut (Sigma, on of the  main villians is DLC really?) but as to whether the reason is nickle and diming or a fucked production schedule we won't know. Everything in that video and article is crap you could have figured out watchinig trailers and hanging out on forums, and I'm sick of fake "insiders" collecting community rumors then acting like they're jesus because they had their "ear to the ground" on something they have no proof for other than hearsay.

Anyone watch SonicFox steal Fchamp's soul the other day? I'll try and find an archive of the match but it was the craziest MVCI game I've seen yet.