Awoo.

Marvel VS Capcom Infinite XB1/PS4/PC

Ryannumber1gamer

Those were most likely the models used for the story mode anyway, on its own it doesn't prove anything.

11 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

Check the data one leak. You can see Black Panther AND Hunter in this.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=240918756&postcount=16601

I 100% think the leak is real (Jedah and Rocket/Groot is pretty specific) and the list of zips are all models from Story mode.

BUT that doesn't mean this guy is some whack insider because it's not his leak. I knew about that leak too. Everyone knew about that leak. I could have edited the same video with the same knowledge and the same bullshit but it wouldn't make me any more of an insider than anyone else.

one thing I will note about the model leak is that the only models that weren't used for story mode was winter soldier and venom oddly enough. (also this seems to indicate that black widow was the only dlc character without a model when that picture was taken)

4 hours ago, Remy said:

but as to whether the reason is nickle and diming or a fucked production schedule we won't know.

Given this industry, including capcom's, tendencys with nickle and diming and fucking over consumers , and regarding DLC in fighters usually, I'm not gonna put the blame on consumers for making the assumptions that Capcom is being greedy for the sake of it. And if it is because of fucked development, I'm still not exactly sympathetic, and am gonna question what the fuck they were doing with development to create this problem in the first place. Like I know some like to be optimistic about the industry still, but those cynical aren't making complaints and questioning the company, for the sake of complaining.

• Thumbs Up 2

Maximilian made a video some days ago where he mentioned that the story mode harmed Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite more than it helped.

And I have to say, while I liked the story mode for what it was, I have to agree. A story mode needs to be really fucking good to contribute to a game's success, otherwise it feels tacked on and the resources that went to developing it could've made the game a bit more polished. 

Oh well, can't go back now, only chance Capcom has is putting out a patch or update that reaaaally overhauls either the graphics or the presentation. Maybe something like what Killer Instinct did (even though Shadow Lords was a god damn mistake Iron Galaxy). 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 5/31/2017 at 9:37 PM, Remy said:

I missed this post originally, but while I wouldn't rule out an "ultimate" version entirely, I think it's way more likely it's going to get rolling support in "seasons" like SFV with drip fed characters and a big balance patch/update once a year or so.  Super or Ultimate versions have a stigma and I think capcom are trying to get away from them, so people actually feel safe buying a first release without wanting to wait for an expansion.  

This was a common theme throughout SFV's pre and post release, and even towards the end of SF4, where you could DLC upgrade everything. SFV wasn't a massive smash hit but I can't see them regressing on that idea so soon TBH.

Ironically, now we've got Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition, like UMVC3, a $40.00 upgraded version of that game. Hindsight. :U On the plus side though, this time at least, those who bought the game earlier are getting the dlc free, so it's a start.

Though sadly, this does validate the collective saying of "Waiting for the Ultimate edition" version of Marvel vs Capcom Infinite.

7 hours ago, Jovahexeon Cala Maria said:

Ironically, now we've got Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition, like UMVC3, a $40.00 upgraded version of that game. Hindsight. :U On the plus side though, this time at least, those who bought the game earlier are getting the dlc free, so it's a start.

Though sadly, this does validate the collective saying of "Waiting for the Ultimate edition" version of Marvel vs Capcom Infinite.

False equivalence. Are you actually serious with calling a free update a "$40.00 upgraded version" LOL ? Making it free is a "start?" are you joking? where do they take it from that start in your opinion?

How does arcade edition contradict what I said when it's essentially a free "big balance patch/update?" A free balance patch that I should mention goes out to everyone and doesn't require you to buy anything new to play it? Which is relatively unprecedented when it comes to fighting games?  How is it a bad thing that you can buy a bundled version with 2 season passes of DLC included for less than the original RRP?

Like c'mon. I know you're itching to argue because you dug up a 3 month old post but C'mon mang.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Remy said:

How is it a bad thing that you can buy a bundled version with 2 season passes of DLC included for less than the original RRP?

Hell this is the norm for fighting games. Which imo while it's good for people like me who don't feel the need to go out and buy a game right now we can wait it out and buy it with every goodie and extra already available for a better price.

But on the other hand, by a year when the full extra HD 4K super duper turbo fighting edition comes out, the game's cycle is kind of already dead which sucks. Happened to me with Mortal Kombat XL to me. 

I'm sorry but paying for a full game + season pass in my region is a living hell. I don't have that much money to spare. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Maximilian fought a guy online that somehow managed to use two Dantes in his team. 

But the odd thing? 

Dante has a tag-in quote for... Himself.

Why does Dante have that tag-in quote for himself?

It's probably just some failsafe to keep the game from crashing. MvC3 did it too. Deadpool even shouted "ME!" when he tagged with himself.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/8/2017 at 5:44 PM, Remy said:

False equivalence. Are you actually serious with calling a free update a "$40.00 upgraded version" LOL ?

Ummm,  for first time buyers....yes? It's an upgraded version that costs $40.00. I don't mean to procure any vitriol with that update. 

Making it free is a "start?" are you joking? where do they take it from that start in your opinion?

I was talking more about a start of them winning back consumers and building good will. 

How does arcade edition contradict what I said when it's essentially a free "big balance patch/update?" A free balance patch that I should mention goes out to everyone and doesn't require you to buy anything new to play it? Which is relatively unprecedented when it comes to fighting games? 

I was mainly just referring to the irony. You said that Capcom were more likely shying away from Ultimate editions. I'm not claiming that SFV Arcade edition is a compete regression back to the mistakes they made with UMvC3, but I am referring to how it does seem to validate the idea of waiting for a cheaper purchase for the definitive edition of their fighting games. 

How is it a bad thing that you can buy a bundled version with 2 season passes of DLC included for less than the original RRP?

It's.... not.  I had no intention of portraying it as such. 

Like c'mon. I know you're itching to argue because you dug up a 3 month old post but C'mon mang.

But I'm not itching to argue. The point is that with this Arcade edition, talk around the net concerning MvC:I has begun to flooded with the opinion of just waiting for the definitive version of the game complete with a better price as well,  as opposed to feeling safe buying the first release. 

Again,  I mean no ill will and apologize if it came off as such in the first place. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, CD Sanic said:

What’s wrong with his voice?

It's more Carnagey than Venomy

But I don't care. Venom looks so fucking cool. Might be the character that makes me finally purchase MVCI. Sigma helped a lot but wasn't enough.

and we already have pictures of what bonus skins they will come with. source

9c1be5b8883bcde1a2f58050dc518949.jpg?v=140850

7d1737a4d8d8e91efd5aff465604b147.jpg?v=140850

3bbd5188813d2fcbd59012fcd4a9686b.jpg?v=140850

also if you have playstation plus (and a ps4) but haven't bought the game yet this is the news for you.

FREE DEMO WEEKEND: 11/24 – 11/27

For those wanting to try Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, we have some great news for you! We’re hosting a free versus demo weekend from November 24 at 8am PST to November 27 at 8am PST, only on PlayStation 4 for PS+ members. All 30 launch characters will be available in this demo!

If you decide you want to officially join the epic clash, the digital version of Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite is on sale for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One! This promotion will end on November 27, the day the demo ends. There’s no better time to check out the action-packed gameplay unlike any you’ve experienced before! Head to the links below to purchase Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite:

Pretty much what I expected to be Venom's premium skin, so it's rad that we get two of Eddie's looks right off the bat. (They'll probably throw in Toxin and mayyyyyyyyyybe Mac Gargan and Space Knight Flash in later waves.)

Winter Soldier reeks of wasted potential: the first HC and the shield move are great usage of his artificial arm, but everything else looks subpar. His second HC is pretty much a reskin of Chris' Sweep Combo. The Level-3 HC is a nice touch to his relation to Cap though.
Black Widow is... ok. Nothing too special, but nothing bad either: they combined C.Viper and Resi5 Jill movesets just as everyone predicted. I'm more surprised Laura Bailey is voicing her, i guess now that the VA strike is over she has decided to come back.
Venom is almost pure perfection, but that voice, man, sounds much more like Carnage. Just using a filter similar to Ghost Rider or Dormammu would have made it much more passable.

Still decent stuff overall: i guess we'll get the teaser for the next season of DLCs at the PlayStation Experience or another event in December.

• 4 weeks later...

Now that Disney has brought Fox, do you think there is a better chance that X-Men and Fantastic Four characters will be in this game? Which characters from both franchises do you want to be in?

2 minutes ago, Christmas Crystals said:

Now that Disney has brought Fox, do you think there is a better chance that X-Men and Fantastic Four characters will be in this game?

Maybe not this game, given the timing, but they better well do so when Marvel vs Capcom 4 comes about hopefully.

• 2 months later...

'We've made [Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite] with our continued support of eSports in mind...' - Yoshinori Ono before the game's release

Ono noted that the game was a 'complete package, both for core and casual players'

None
Posted by Justin 'AdaptiveTrigger' Gordon • February 16, 2018 at 7:25 p.m. PST
Comments

16-weve-made-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-o

When the EVO 2018 lineup was announced, many were surprised that Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite was excluded from the big event. The titles that will make an appearance are Tekken 7, Super Smash Bros. 4, Street Fighter 5: Arcade Edition, BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle, Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2, Injustice 2, Super Smash Bros. Melee, and Dragon Ball FighterZ.

Mr. Wizard actually gave a reason as to why the fighter wasn't included despite the tournament having quite the history with the game. "We know [MvCI] was on a slippery slope and it had a lot of competition going forward," said Mr. Wizard. "And it just kind of... fizzled."

Despite this, Mark "MarkMan" Julio offered another explanation. "I know that MvCI is being played," mentioned MarkMan. "Hard to include a game that doesn’t have support. I’m not talking about Capcom..."

According to an interview with Yoshinori Ono that took place before the release of Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, Capcom fully intended to support the title from an eSports perspective.

"On this title, we have pursued a satisfying competitive experience for core users, while providing less experienced users with a way to casually enjoy fighting games," said Ono. "We've made it with our continued support of eSports in mind, and moving ahead we eagerly anticipate players from the different segments bringing their enthusiasm and energy both as participants and as spectators."

Since Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite is a collaboration between Capcom's and Disney's intellectual properties, Disney could have some say about the fighter's eSports presence. There's been no official word on the matter, but it does sound like MvCI's absence from EVO wasn't a Capcom decision.

"On this title, we have pursued a satisfying competitive experience for core users, while providing less experienced users with a way to casually enjoy fighting games. We've made it with our continued support of eSports in mind, and moving ahead we eagerly anticipate players from the different segments bringing their enthusiasm and energy both as participants and as spectators."
— Capcom's Yoshinori Ono.

It isn't a secret that Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite did not quite live up to expectations. Capcom cited one million "soft sales" for 2017. Their end of year goal was two million.

A similar situation occurred with Street Fighter 5. It's launch was fairly questionable. Despite this, Capcom has been supporting SF5 with their Capcom Pro Tour tournament series.

Just last year, RISE|MenaRD was able to win more money from a fighting game tournament than anyone else in history. While things didn't live up to their initial goals, Capcom has stuck with it.

Ono finished the interview by stating that "it's the complete package, both for core and casual players; I hope everyone is looking forward to it."

I think it's fair to say that most players, whether they are hardcore or casual, would probably give the opinion that Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite actually isn't a complete package. Even before launch, many fans noted the issues with the art direction and roster.

There aren't even endings found in the title's arcade mode. It's often the multiplayer gameplay that tends to get praise from the community.

Overall, there's a lot of controversy surrounding the fighter. The game's future is currently in limbo. Things aren't looking particularly good, however, since no pro tour has been announced.

Source: Capcom website.

Man, hindsight's a bitch ain't it?

I think this serves as a good sum up though of this game's source of shortcomings. Focusing on trying to power it via esports, selling the game in such a sorry state, thinking they could pull an even worse SFV to the nth degree. It all came crashing down on them.

In other news, the game is going for a killer sale on Target at the moment.

• 1 month later...

In recent news, Max has made a case study in what went wrong with Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite. It's an interesting viewing to say the least.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

On 10/9/2017 at 12:59 AM, Blue Wisp said:

Maximilian fought a guy online that somehow managed to use two Dantes in his team. 

Funny. Didn't that used to be a thing folk could do back in Marvel vs Capcom 2?

37 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Omega-Sapphire said:

Funny. Didn't that used to be a thing folk could do back in Marvel vs Capcom 2?

And in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 through glitching shenanigans. 

Just caught my eye that something like that even has a quote considering it never was intended to tag into the same character.

Also why are you quoting me from months back brother are you stalking me im onto u 

• 3 months later...