Awoo.

Marvel VS Capcom Infinite XB1/PS4/PC

Ryannumber1gamer

On 12/4/2016 at 9:09 PM, KHCast said:

Morrigan had her same super move from 3. So I'm assuming much hasn't changed for vets movesets wise 

Hopefully they did. Even without assists, her Soul Fist/Astral Vision shenanigans from 3 would make her a Touhou-esque nightmare.

In other news, Capcom themselves have stated that in addition to Marvel vs Capcom Infinite, they're also now looking into reviving dormant  franchises of theirs, albeit they haven't outright specified which ones yet.

In addition to regular major title releases each fiscal year, Capcom is currently focused on reviving series that have not had new entries recently, or otherwise dormant IP. Beginning with MARVEL VS. CAPCOM: INFINITE, a return for the series following a five-year hiatus, Capcom looks to enhance its corporate value even further by utilizing its library of rich contents.

Capcom remains firmly committed to satisfying the expectations of all users by leveraging its industry-leading game development capabilities in order to create highly entertaining gameplay experiences.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/news/html/e161205b.html

Hmmmmmm

Spoiler

Image result for megaman dormant capcom

"Need a hand, old chum?"

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2016 at 4:03 PM, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Ok, lets start a prediction/wishlist game. So here's how it's going to go, I'm going to give you a handful of categories, pick 2 characters that fill that category, and explain why(pics are nice too) and For now focusing on the Marvel side. This can include Vets as well

So are categories are: MCU, TV(ABC+Netflix), Comic wild cards, Comic current fan faves, and well that'll do for the moment

MCU:

Ant-man/Giant-Man... do I really need to go into depth in this one

Wasp: I'm expecting comic based, but being the MCU gives her a boost, and high maneuverability, ranged attacks, flight, and a number of other things as well. And you gotta have the pair

TV MCU:

Quake: Martial Arts, Shield rep, and earthquake powers, along with being a hulk level threat make her a great canidate, with area of effect, stunning and a number of other high grade potential moves. Also the first powered female in the MCU. Also has a new comic coming up as well

Ghost Rider, easy carry over

Comic Fan-faves:

Squirrel Girl: Popular, fun character, would border on joke character but some serious potential

Devil Dinosaur: Popular, Off wall character that'd be an awesome berserker addition to the roster, and even crazier if they do the telekenitically powered pistol wielding evil version.

Comic Wild cards:

Ares: Yes the Greek Ares is around, he was also an Avenger and Dark Avenger, what makes him fun is the ability to summon any weapon in existence, and a fun counterpoint to standard heroes

1572926-ares_05.jpg

Spitfire:Vampire, Heroic Speedster, who fought along Cap in WW2, and is still around. Really unique potential, not to mention we've never had a speedster before

1f6fc73cb89ade29cce0e4b9788f4cc1.jpg

Edit: and you know you want this:

SfIrRf0.jpg

Since this wound up on the bottom of the last page, figured I's quote it and get things going since everything is quiet on the news front at the moment

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Since this wound up on the bottom of the last page, figured I's quote it and get things going since everything is quiet on the news front at the moment

Um...this post is more or less equivalent to "bumping", which is not exactly what we consider a good contribution around here. If you want to get discussion going, it's better to actually post something new, especially since I don't actually think it's that likely that people missed your previous post just because it was on the end of the previous page. I mean...if people are actually trying to keep up with this discussion, something that minor isn't going to make a huge difference.

This part isn't a moderator action, just a suggestion: Your "game" seems a little...demanding. And specific. I don't think there's going to be a ton of people on this forum who can think of two characters they want to be in the game that fall under each of those really specific categories. It's not the Marvel Stadium Message Board, after all. I mean, to answer that post you have to be a fan of Marvel movies, Marvel TV shows, AND Marvel comic books. That's kind of a lot for a forum that's not specifically about comics, Marvel, or superheroes.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think Venom and Blackheart have a good chance of coming back mainly because aside from Thanos and Shuma-Gorath(who themselves also have good chances of coming due to the former's role in the upcoming Avengers movie, and the latter's assets from MvC3 being reusable) their the only Marvel villains from the early Vs games, and Capcom may try to bring them back out of nostalgia to make up from the loss of Doom, Magneto, and Sentinel.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, CD Sanic said:

I think Venom and Blackheart have a good chance of coming back mainly because aside from Thanos and Shuma-Gorath(who themselves also have good chances of coming due to the former's role in the upcoming Avengers movie, and the latter's assets from MvC3 being reusable) their the only Marvel villains from the early Vs games, and Capcom may try to bring them back out of nostalgia to make up from the loss of Doom, Magneto, and Sentinel.

Nice returning choices, although we could see agent Venom mk 1 or 2 perhaps instead of standard, although he did return to the classic look recently. Also I still don't think Doom is gone, Capcom has a lot of pull with this being a legacy series, and I don't see them not pulling for at least the classic core characters, and even working on them until they get official approval(much like how Bowser Jr made it into Smash 4 on the part of staff effort). Especially since Doom has a current comic, and has been super active in the comics. In fact I could see X-23 Wolverine happening too, since that'd bolster the comic side with no major movie entanglements

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Nice returning choices, although we could see agent Venom mk 1 or 2 perhaps instead of standard, although he did return to the classic look recently. Also I still don't think Doom is gone, Capcom has a lot of pull with this being a legacy series, and I don't see them not pulling for at least the classic core characters, and even working on them until they get official approval(much like how Bowser Jr made it into Smash 4 on the part of staff effort). Especially since Doom has a current comic, and has been super active in the comics. In fact I could see X-23 Wolverine happening too, since that'd bolster the comic side with no major movie entanglements

Did Blackheart have any relevance lately? I haven't read the comics, also how popular is Devil Dinosaur?

4 minutes ago, CD Sanic said:

Did Blackheart have any relevance lately? I haven't read the comics, also how popular is Devil Dinosaur?

I remember this question being elsewhere and being answered with a panel from Mile's Spidey's current run where he beats down on Blackheart.

Devil's got some long term and recent popularity, has(or had) a ongoing last year(not sure if it's still going), and a ton of recent cartoon characters, he's a fan fave, and even got a game figure of his super-genius British scientist evil version this year. The fact he's also a classic character makes him a shoe-in as an odd-ball character, especially if X/FF slots are limited to the most iconic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Alright, following Mando's idea.

MCU

Black Panther - with his upcoming movie and his sudden popularity from Civil War, his inclusion would be the most logical.

Quicksilver - Come on, the guy was great on Age of Ultron and the X-Men movies made him memorable as hell, not including him would be a shame

TV(ABC+Netflix)

Daredevil - Obvious Choice.

Punisher - Like Black Panther, would be a mistake to not bring him here, since he's a lot more popular now thanks to his Netflix incarnation

as for Comic wild cards and Comic current fan faves, I'm sorry but I'm not well versed enough in the comics, let alone the recent ones to have a good opinion on these.

• Thumbs Up 2

Had a train of thought going, put it in a status post but realized it's better suited here. Stems from the idea of heavy MCU synergy

Ok, thought I'd get this train of thought going, So lets assume, each major Marvel Tv project is getting a rep in MVC:I lets look at the likelihoods. Now something to consider is a character has to have some sort of general interest from the comic side too.

Now we  have: MAOS, Runaways, New Warriors, Inhumans and Cloak and Dagger

MAOS: Quake seems most likely to me being an actual super with moveset potential and decent popularity, but I wouldn't rule out Colson either

Runaways: Nico, who is the standout one, and primary active member currently in the comics and most popular. Throw in blood magic plus unique uses and a staff you got some fun potential

Inhumans: Black Bolt, honestly it's suprising he wasn't in the previous ones, he's been a significant marvel player for decades now more than ever.

New Warriors: Chock this one as more support for Squirrel Girl since she's reported to be the focus of the show. Throw in her popularity she had high odds either way

Cloak and Dagger: This is the only one I question since their powers individually aren't that interesting, and even together well it's ok then

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds too good to be true. Specially because I was thinking of Talbain.

On the other hand...if they have X but end up removing Zero it'd be stupid

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, that makes sense and all, but something smells fishy about these leaks, especially the characters on there. I guess I find it fishy because of certain characters being on there. This is just too good to be true in some ways.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Athena Cykes said:

https://twitter.com/Ten_Count_Fall

Loads of supposed leaks over at this guy's Twitter.

2 hours ago, Athena Cykes said:

Pack it up folks.

It's okay man. To be fair that list was waaay too good and smart to be true.

And yeah, regulating Chun-Li to DLC? Nice rhyme but no way would that fly in this reality.

Though I am still rooting for my baes Phoenix Wright, Simon Blackquill and Franziska to make it in.

Now a real dream of mine would be getting in Demitri complete with his proper Midnight Bliss move!

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, Jovahexeon New Year NiGHTS said:

It's okay man. To be fair that list was waaay too good and smart to be true.

And yeah, regulating Chun-Li to DLC? Nice rhyme but no way would that fly in this reality.

Though I am still rooting for my baes Phoenix Wright, Simon Blackquill and Franziska to make it in.

Now a real dream of mine would be getting in Demitri complete with his proper Midnight Bliss move!

I can just see something like this as X's Bliss'd form, considering that the artist stated that this is supposed to be a bliss'd Rock:

rockgirl2_by_sulfer_kokegitsune-d7oee1c.

• Chuckle 1

I'm not really a huge fan of anything related to Marvel. As long as Vile, Juri Han, Jack Krauser, Franziska Von Karma, or Nero from Team Capcom make it to the roster (DLC or not), I'll be satisfied. My expectations for this game are pretty standard, so there isn't too much for me to worry about.

Kinda thought it was fishy when Gwenpool made the base roster, but Deadpool didn't make the X-Men DLC.

7 hours ago, AngelSlayerN64 said:

I'm not really a huge fan of anything related to Marvel. As long as Vile, Juri Han, Jack Krauser, Franziska Von Karma, or Nero from Team Capcom make it to the roster (DLC or not), I'll be satisfied. My expectations for this game are pretty standard, so there isn't too much for me to worry about.

I think Juri has pretty good odds as making it as a SF4 rep, provided they don't go with Viper again. I'm biased, but I think she's pretty popular, and she has a bunch of juggle/air combos in SFV- seems like great material to go even more over the top with that in a marvel game.

not biased

The fishiest thing to be about that twitter list was Gill being in there. Really dude? Gill, the crappy ass god man boss over every other cool sf3 character?

• Thumbs Up 2

On 1/1/2017 at 2:29 PM, KHCast said:

They better not remove my bae's Chris, Zero, and Taskmaster

you know, as much as I love Zero, I'm ready for some new Megaman representation. I mean, we had Megaman, Volnutt, Roll, Tron and servebots....I want someone like Bass or Protoman.Exe (for sake of a sword fighter opposed to another buster user).

I feel as though Zero will make a comeback....with Capcom obviously reusing assets from UMvC3 and whatnot.......still hoping for Captain Commando.

1 hour ago, Remy said:

I think Juri has pretty good odds as making it as a SF4 rep, provided they don't go with Viper again. I'm biased, but I think she's pretty popular, and she has a bunch of juggle/air combos in SFV- seems like great material to go even more over the top with that in a marvel game.

That and she's the first true villainess of the series. If anything, Juri should be in for that alone. UMvC3 only had 4 male Capcom villains, but what about the female villains? Let them represent!

1 hour ago, Remy said:

The fishiest thing to be about that twitter list was Gill being in there. Really dude? Gill, the crappy ass god man boss over every other cool sf3 character?

I'm not too familiar with SF3, but Gill can sleep with the fishes for all I care (I do know a little about him in SFV, but he's not that interesting to me).

On 1/1/2017 at 11:02 PM, Athena Cykes said:

Pack it up folks.

This makes me think something else. Max isn't involved at all with the development of this new title, nor doe he know or has he contacted any of the leakers (well, maybe Combofiend, i guess, but they're not that in touch).

The one thing Max worked on (and is working right now) is the newest Killer Instinct. For him to know something that invalidates that leak while not knowing anything about Marvel Infinite makes me wonder if we will get console-exclusive guest fighters (in case of the XBox One/PC version one from KI) and someone from Capcom asked Microsoft and Iron Galaxy (wich is working on KI along with Max) to use one of said characters.

It's just a very personal theory, mind you, but Max sounded very specific about knowing something that invalidated the leak.

Reguardless, i hope we'll get more news soon enough.

That would make no sense given capcoms recent snuggling next Sony for the last while. Suddenly ditching and giving ms exclusive characters and not Sony just doesn't add up.