Awoo.

Marvel VS Capcom Infinite XB1/PS4/PC

Ryannumber1gamer

1 hour ago, Teoskaven said:

This makes me think something else. Max isn't involved at all with the development of this new title, nor doe he know or has he contacted any of the leakers (well, maybe Combofiend, i guess, but they're not that in touch).

Max was probably the most well known Marvel streamer around for a little while. I would not be surprised if Capcom have shown/told him some stuff behind closed doors. 

I kind of hate hinthint vague posting but i'm slightly inclined to believe him

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

In the meantime, the physical edition of UMvC3 for PS4 and Xbox One (as well as the Steam version) have an official release date: March 7th.

The game will also have a new short comic book within it (remember, the original game already had one where the Marvel villains summoned Galactus); Max suspects it will function as a tie-in to Infinite. We'll see.

On 1/5/2017 at 8:38 PM, Remy said:

Max was probably the most well known Marvel streamer around for a little while. I would not be surprised if Capcom have shown/told him some stuff behind closed doors. 

I kind of hate hinthint vague posting but i'm slightly inclined to believe him

Max has claimed multiple times that he has inside information on the game. He's apparently been told that the game is 30 percent complete as of December and that he knows of at least one character that hasn't been revealed.

• 3 weeks later...

While waiting for the next official news, director of Marvel 3/Ultimate Ryoma Nitsuuma shared some behind-the-scenes stuff that reguarded the Capcom characters added in Ultimate.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=229741697&postcount=4980

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=229739927&postcount=4973

Amongst other things:

*All of Phoenix Wright's lines were actually written by Shu Takumi himself. Nitsuuma ended up approving all of them.

*Vergil managed to get in thanks to japanese cosplayers at Tokyo Game Show (lmao)

*Frank West replaced Gene (God Hand) due to uncertainties of the team, and Nemesis replaced at the very last minute Gill (Street Fighter)

And now, for the "Prepare to cry/cringe" section, here's a list of characters that were considered and almost made it in but got canned for different reasons:

*Gene (God Hand): replaced by Frank West due to popularity and presence in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom

*Gill (Street Fighter): replaced by Nemesis due to fan demand

*Kaijin no Sōki (Onimusha); he was considered "too weak"

*Samanosuke Akechi (Onimusha): right issues

*Demitri Maximovv (Darkstalkers): could not implement his Midnight Bliss without having Marvel (and minor Capcom devs) complaining.

*Katt (Breath of Fire II): devs wanted a female staff/martial art user but was canned due to low priority

*Son-Son: same as above

*Mai-Ling (Red Earth): same as above

*Arieta (Cyberbots): considered too stripperrific for the game

*Rogue (Powe Stone): same as above

*Tessa (Red Earth): fan favourite of Niitsuma, wanted her to be Dr. Strange's rival but no reason given for the canning (possibly low priority)

*Ingrid (Street Fighter): no reason given

*Nina Windia (Breath of Fire): no reason given

*Adult Anita (Darkstalkers): they wanted to have her as an experiment, but ultimately discarded her since they considered it a risk too big to take

*Fou-Lou (Breath of Fire IV): too many moves to choose from, apparently would have end up even more complicated than Dante. Also Capcom considered it unpopular in the west -personal note: BULLSHIT-

And there's more to come in the future. At least i'm glad now they're more open to say what happened.

• Thumbs Up 5

The midnight bliss excuse for Demitri is just garbage in my opinion.

the only reasons we're not getting awesome characters like Talbain , Donovan or Demitri is because of "sexual" fanservice. 

U simply put different girl models for the special move without being so specific with different palettes of colors or you simply remove the attack.  

Morrigan is an amazing character and she deserves a spot, don't get me wrong, but I find it hilarious that people complain that Demitri is just another shoto when Morrigan is a lot more similiar to Ryu than Demitri.

Felicia and Hsien ko seriously need to take a break and give some space to John Talbain and Demitri. Even B.B. Hood would be awesome as DLC

• 2 months later...

Well, guess who just went to the premiere of Guardians of the Galaxy volume 2:

The plot thickens.

-the reason i'm inclined to believe it's a hint is because Ono is being notorious for giving breadcrumbs to follow like this-

• Thumbs Up 2

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=23437096

Rumor coming from trusted people on Neogaf, they were some of the first people to allude to MVCI coming. They claim this is what they know of the roster so far. 

Capcom
Ryu - Confirmed
Mega Man X - Confirmed
Morrigan - Confirmed
Hunter from Monster Hunter
Jedah
Leon Kennedy 
Strider
Spencer
Captain Commendo
Ghosts N' Goblins Rep 
Dante
Frank West 

Marvel
Iron Man - Confirmed
Captain Marvel - Confirmed
Captain America - Confirmed
Rocket Racoon & Groot
Dr. Strange
Spider-Man 
Venom 
Dr. Octopus 
Black Panther
Ms. Marvel
Songbird 
Ant-Man

7 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Rumor coming from trusted people on Neogaf, they were some of the first people to allude to MVCI coming. They claim this is what they know of the roster so far. 

Capcom
Ryu - Confirmed
Mega Man X - Confirmed
Morrigan - Confirmed
Jedah
Leon Kennedy 
Strider
Spencer
Captain Commendo
Ghosts N' Goblins Rep 
Dante
Frank West 

Marvel
Iron Man - Confirmed
Rocket Racoon & Groot
Dr. Strange
Spider-Man 
Venom 
Dr. Octopus 
Black Panther
Ms. Marvel
Songbird 
Ant-Man

Sweeettttt, Songbird, Captain Commando, and Jedah would all be siiiicccckkk. SB has a great moveset

13 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Capcom
Ryu - Confirmed
Mega Man X - Confirmed
Morrigan - Confirmed
Jedah
Leon Kennedy 
Strider
Spencer
Captain Commendo
Ghosts N' Goblins Rep 
Dante
Frank West 

Marvel
Iron Man - Confirmed
Rocket Racoon & Groot
Dr. Strange
Spider-Man 
Venom 
Dr. Octopus 
Black Panther
Ms. Marvel
Songbird 
Ant-Man

Marvel
Iron Man - Confirmed
Rocket Racoon & Groot
Dr. Strange
Spider-Man 
Venom 
Dr. Octopus 
Black Panther
Ms. Marvel
Songbird 
Ant-Man

Venom 

QONVIyz.gif

tumblr_mj5lo6u40i1r72ht7o1_500.gif

I missed you buddy. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Guess with Brock becoming Venom again in the comics, Marvel don't have the same qualms they had with Capcom using that version in MvC3. Excited to see the big guy's move-set modernized as well as the prerequisite alternate costumes.

8 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

The ghosts n goblins rep he's referring to may be Arthur. 

What if it's Maximo? It's considered technically part of the same IP.

I would be fine with either of them anyway. As long as Spencer and Strider are returning, i have enough material for now for a couple of good teams.

For reference, this is Songbird, formerly the super villain known as Screaming Mimi. cybernetic Sonic powers that can create solid constructs

Songbird_Head.jpg

Pretty cool character, one of those, not quite mainstream picks that'd really add to the roster

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not super into Monster Hunter but I like the designs and I think they'd make a good character.

Other than that, I hope Phoenix Wright comes back.

• Thumbs Up 2

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=234529477&postcount=7683

Apparently some news were told in a German event held a couple of days ago, and supposedly, the embargo should be lifted by the end of this week.

And to renforce that:

This was taken in theory the day of the event, and in the foto there two people who are working on the game: Mike Jones and Combofiend.

The plot thickens more.

Ms. Marvel would be really cool. I've somewhat recently read through Kamala's run and really liked it and her.

• Thumbs Up 2

Kamala, Black Panther and Spider-man fanboy here and that Marvel side roster is a dream.

Ultron. Fuck yeah. 

Also, folks on Gaf are saying an embargo, along with the game's release date, should be dropping by Friday. 

1fa4ac072985d6640eb1a7d107d3f531.jpg

Loooooooooooooove me this design, amazing. I love it. 

Don't understand why fucking Sigma is DLC but whatever.

Give me Venom and I'll be there day one. 

• Thumbs Up 4

20 minutes ago, Ariel the Blue Wisp said:

1fa4ac072985d6640eb1a7d107d3f531.jpg

Loooooooooooooove me this design, amazing. I love it. 

Don't understand why fucking Sigma is DLC but whatever.

Give me Venom and I'll be there day one. 

For that matter give me a number of non-movie Marvel characters and I'll be happy or at least non-mcu, 

Edit: also it says that the DLC is all new characters which means the X-Men Fantastic Four characters is DLC rumor is false since any of those used for DLC would be veterans not new characters 

Considerations:
*It's so good to see Capcom actually delivering an actual story this time around after 3 games with simple arcade modes, and even if it will be "classic" for the crossover crisis standards, the presentation and the cinematic approach look on par; loved the tiny bits like Chris seriously thinking his peashooter would do something against Ultron Sigma
*No real gameplay footage, but i guess we will see more to come later on
*I can already see people photoshopping the bit where X is stomped by Ultron Sigma and placing the Capcom logo on it
*Hawkeye's new outfit looks ok, it's in par with the more recent comics; we will get his classic one anyway as alt
*Rocket Racoon has his prison outfit from the GotG movie, i wasn't expecting that
*Good to know that the first batch of DLC will be all new characters, but yeah, relegating Sigma in it is weird considering he's part of the main story
*A release date this soon is unexpected, but it makes me wonder if the game was in development in a long time to have all this content ready for September
*No real newcomers aside from Ultron and Sigma (wich were expected anyway), but knowing that Strider is in the vanilla game is reassuring enough for me

Consider me hyped enough.