Awoo.

Sonic x Build-A-Bear

Baconjack

So it's just got announced that Sonic and Tails are getting Build-A-Bear plushies!

http://www.buildabear.com/shopping/search?q=sonic

You can get either a $35 set with Sonic, a ring and an art print from Sonic Team, or get Tails for $15. You can buy other things as well, and they are coming to physical stores on the third of December.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/12/1/13800976/sonic-the-hedgehog-build-a-bear-workshop#0

The Sonic is actually a really good plush, despite its proportions being a bit off. Meanwhile Tails looks really really fat.

Supposedly this is a NA exclusive, which I hope it isn't since I've got one of these stores down the road from my house.

Now, please come to Australia and Europe. Signed, a handful of fans. 

yooloc5tp5hwxrowfqqi.jpg

24272LR.jpg

• Thumbs Up 7

Finally! Just in time for the anniversary celebration! And there's a Build a Bear a bit from where my mother's boyfriend lives.

The plushes don't look up to Build-A-Bear's usual quality (in just my opinion) but they're adorable so I don't care!  I want one now!!

Well crap, I've only went to Build-A-Bear once in my entire childhood and I'm obviously too old now but I WANT THOSE PLUSHIES DARN IT. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Between these, the TMNT ones, and the Pokemon ones, Build-A-Bear is doing everything in their power to attract my money.

They look a little off to me, personally, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't tempting.

Maybe I'll pick them up, who knows? It's still really cute, even if the proportions are a little weird to me. I also like how you can give them the Sonic 3 Special Stage music. Really cool.

>is 18

>suddenly feels strong urge to go to Build-A-Bear like the good old days

Really, the Sonic plushie is super cute! And I love the tag with Sonic holding a teddy bear-- I imagine him going to extreme lengths to return a toy to a child that lost it, or he's simply getting ready for a sleepover with Tails. It also looks very Uekawa-esque-- foreshadowing?

Those plushies look so cute, although a bit off. I remember going to a Build-A-Bear store when I was much younger. Don't remember what I got thought.

Anyway, I might get one of these. Hopefully, it'll still be on sale once I get the money.

3 hours ago, Deck The Dee said:

Well crap, I've only went to Build-A-Bear once in my entire childhood and I'm obviously too old now but I WANT THOSE PLUSHIES DARN IT. 

BAB services so many adults that I don't think that you should have to worry about feeling too old for it. XP

• Thumbs Up 1

I think the majority of Build a Bear customers are adults.

Yes, yes they are.

Their children are just a cover.

Or actors.

• Thumbs Up 8

Oh, boy. There's a Build-a-Bear in the shopping centre near where I live, and for nearly 20 years now I've managed to stay well away from it. Literally from birth to the present day I've never set foot in it, and didn't ever intend to.

But now I might have to. The temptation of half-decent Sonic merch is too much.

EDIT: just realised it's online only here in the UK. Problem solved. My record shan't be broken... yet.

19 minutes ago, Mcbasilrocks said:

EDIT: just realised it's online only here in the UK. Problem solved. My record shan't be broken... yet.

Wait where was that confirmed?

4 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Wait where was that confirmed?

On the Instagram post you linked, it specifically only mentions "online in UK later this month," which I guess could mean the in-store availability for Britain will commence at a much later date, but I presume it indicates online exclusivity (especially since the US' street date is highlighted)

Went ahead and bought Sonic and Tails on the website. They look pretty cute to me and I've always wanted to own something Build-A-Bear related since I was a kid since I always seen the commercials on TV and never been inside one of the stores before. Getting Sonic merch from them just seems like the perfect thing to really complete a long time small wish from childhood.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also, good job on this one, SEGA. Seriously.

This is the kind of exposure Sonic needs to the public right now: something sweet and which appeals to the target audience. Build-a-Bear is a hit brand among kids, so this is a great way to divert more attention onto the franchise.

Do more stuff like this, and less stuff like cruddy Tomy action figures and Slurpee tie-ins which never see the light of day.

Hmm, I kinda like Sonics proportions here. He's kinda chubby and cute, but not too chubby. It's pretty unique and reminds me a lot of that Sonic lego dimensions minifig. Might try getting it, and putting him beside my Tails. 

I've never heard of build a bear. Most of my plushies as a child were Disney or Japanese pokemon plushies. They're good right?

1 hour ago, Sniper dreams said:

Hmm, I kinda like Sonics proportions here. He's kinda chubby and cute, but not too chubby. It's pretty unique and reminds me a lot of that Sonic lego dimensions minifig. Might try getting it, and putting him beside my Tails. 

I've never heard of build a bear. Most of my plushies as a child were Disney or Japanese pokemon plushies. They're good right?

BAB is pretty much the best you can get when it comes to officially-licensed plushies for a decent price-to-quality ratio, although I don't think the Sonic ones shown above are of their usual quality.  They're usually very accurate to the source material, customizable if that's your fancy, and the material is very soft and fun to hold.  So yeah, they're good.

They look pretty good, might pick them up when they come out in the U.K in a few weeks. Good exposure for the brand as well working with Build A Bear and all the companies they have had on board for the 25th Anniversary this year. Good job SEGA

15 hours ago, Ristar said:

The concept art on the plush's tag is pretty neat, I don't think we have seen it before.

snoic.png

I swear I seen that Sonic artwork before. I think from "Sonic Channel". I'll find it. 

13 minutes ago, baba_944 said:

I swear I seen that Sonic artwork before. I think from "Sonic Channel". I'll find it. 

NOPE! It's original af, and it was made by the guy who made artwork for wallpapers of "Sonic Channel"

1 hour ago, TheMarioAmigos said:

NOPE! It's original af, and it was made by the guy who made artwork for wallpapers of "Sonic Channel"

That makes sense. I guess the art style  threw me off. It still gives me a feeling of familiarity, though. 

Apologies for deterring off topic.