Awoo.

Cartooooooons

Indigo Rush

Hidden

I live for cartoons. I want to be an animator so I spent a lot of my free time criquting 'toons. My favourites would have to be:

The Animaniacs- OK, so this is an older show... but I don't care. The segments are hiliarous and well-animated!

The Fairly Odd Parents- It's just pure fun (and some adult humour)! The art style is unique, I love retro drawing!

Avatar: The Last Airbender- Very well written show. It's both lighthearted and dark.

Phineas and Ferb- Another pure fun show. I just like the way it's written... I dunno why.

Some honorable mentions are Old Spongebob Episodes, Danny Phantom, most 90s shows.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sean

• Eternal EX

• Mick

• Tiller

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted (edited) · Hidden
Hidden

OP and alot of other people here have reminded me of that one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9cr4HvQmj8. Good times.

Anyway, I'm surprised that no one here has mentioned Darkwing Duck yet. That was one of my favorite cartoons growing up. Infact I may just Youtube some episodes right now... :P

EDIT: I was doing a Wiki search on Ed Edd N Eddy, and apparently they've done a crossover with Billy And Mandy. Kids Next Door had one too. When did this happen? Did this special ever head to the US?

Edited by Makaveli
Posted (edited) · Hidden
Hidden

Cartoons are way better than real television.

Why hasn't somebody mentioned The Twisted Tales of Felix the Cat, or Swat Kats? Or, more importantly, the newest most awesome thing ever:

post-371-1249733827_thumb.jpg

SUPERJAIL

~Hey...Wait!~

~You cannot escape!~

~NEVER RUN AWAY FROM THE TIME POLICE!~

~YOU WILL NOT SURVIVE!!!~

Superjail is amazingly awesome. I was only thinking of shows with kids as the target audience. And I totally forgot Swat Kats...as I barley recall it.

Oh and if anyone cannot tell already I just watched about half of the MEGAS XLR episodes and finally changed my Avatar/Signature combo. Nice.

Edited by Rauzaruke
Hidden

Phineas and Ferb- Another pure fun show. I just like the way it's written... I dunno why.

Dude Phineas and Ferb owns soooo much, maybe be disney's best (only?) cartoon of this generation. And superjail, Eh its kool sometimes but not really my type of toon. Family guy, FUTURAMA (HELL YEA) and Robo chicken are awesome! I'm sooo glad Futurama is coming back with a new season.

Hidden

Ah yes. Cartoons.

A beautiful way of bringing art to life in creative ways. The epitome of awesome art.

Invader Zim. Is randomness funny? Yes, and this show was basically built around an entire idea as such. The animation was incredibly detailed and I know that if anything you can't help but admire Gir's stupidity. You CAN'T.

SatAM For the most part, a serious and very well thought out show. The plotline is very detailed and littered with emotional moments that can really bring you into the show. Plus, Robotnik was an awesome villain despite being quite focused on being EVIL.

Plus any Disney cartoon from the beginning to the late 90s was awesome. Animated movies were always awesome but the animated shows on television got irritating later on such as Lilo and Stitch (man, and the movie was SO good!) and Jake Long is really irritating in how it tries to be cool.

So yeah. I've got many a cartoon I enjoy.

Hidden

Toons are terrific! (Most of the time.)

So many great ones to mention, though some happen to be my all-time favorites.

Freakazoid - The greatest or only superhero parody show ever. The writing is great with clever jokes and gags that makes it an instant classic.

Spongebob - The old eps were good and had smart humor most of the time. Yeah, the new ones have faltered a bit, but they're still enjoyable nonetheless, at least, beats iCarly.

Flapjack - I guess it has to do with the Nightmare Fuel and grotesque stuff that lures me into this one, though it is something uncommon in toons these days.

Animaniacs - Just crazy fun with this show and has clever humor.

Honorable mentions like Megas XLR that takes a funny turn in the giant robot genre. Also, Road Rovers for a good concept and funny as well.

Posted (edited) · Hidden
Hidden

I forgot Donald had a middle name, lol.

My love affair with cartoons starting fizzling out around high school. Before then, my afternoon/weekend trifecta was Disney Channel, Cartoon Network, and Nick-Ni-Nick-Nick-Ni-Nick-Nick-Nick-NICKELODEOOOOOON!!!!

I love that jingle, why'd they get rid of it *cries*

Anyone remember Batman Beyond?

I thought it was awesome that they worked with an actual future storyline on an animated show. And it was successful.

Batman Beyond was the shit back in the day. I used to stay up late every night to watch it. I never understood why they stopped airing it.

X-Men Evolution:

Loved this show so much. I still watch it every now and again when it's on. The art style was what caught my eye and the X-Men as teenagers made the stories much more interesting.

X-Men:

The classic toon which I used to watch before going to school. My favourite was always Rogue. Didn't see the point of Jubilee though, with her sparkle finger.

Powerpuff Girls:

Probably my favourite cartoon as a kid. Buttercup kicked ass! I guess I really liked this because it was way back in the 90s when girl power was popular. It's also a cartoon that adults can watch and enjoy with it's many allusions to things only adults would get.

Ed, Edd n Eddy:

This is just weird, a weird show with weird drawings and weird storylines. It always made me laugh with how Eddy was always coming up with scams to get money and poor Double D would get caught up in it all. Plus it had Plank.

2 stupid dogs:

A great show which could draw out one scene for ten minutes and still make it entertaining.

Dexter's Lab:

Mandark's laugh is the best thing about this show, "Haa ha ha, haa ha haa ha ha."

Spongebob:

Probably one of the few, very few, decent cartoons on these days and my current favourite. It's another cartoon adults and kids alike can enjoy.

Courage the cowardly dog:

This scared me to death when I was a kid. It was very dark for a kids cartoon but it had some out of this world plots. Who can forget Fred, the guy obsessed with cutting hair? Or The Exorcist parody? Or even Courage's trademark scream? It was a well thought out show that never failed to entertain me growing up and I still enjoy today.

Tom and Jerry:

I used to have the videos of this show with every episode on. It's a classic. Tom's scream is the first thing I think of when I hear Tom and Jerry. My favourite episode is the one where Tom wants to eat the little duckling and ends up shaving the mother duck's feathers off.

Hey Arnold:

My favourite thing about this show was Helga and her obsession with Arnold. I used to watch it just to see the episodes with her in because she was so entertaining. I just wish they had made that second movie ;_;

Edited by CreamyBagel
  • Thumbs Up 1
Hidden

What no mention or love for Team Venture?

go_team_venture.jpg

A great parody on the Johnny Quest series along with other Hanna Barbara's works. Good art style, good writing quality, and awesome jokes. Also, 2nd Season opening = Total WIN.

Others:

Space Ghost Coast to Coast/Cartoon Planet - An old Hanna Barbara cartoon + celebrity talk show = A nice formula for hilarity.

Batman: The Animated Series - This toon was just.....just...epic! It was dark and gritty and provide mature stories that even kids could understand and follow to. Also, The Joker has to be my all time favorite villain just for having Luke Skywalker, Mark Hamill, as the voice that just fits so d@mn well for the char.

Posted (edited) · Hidden
Hidden

Batman Beyond was the shit back in the day. I used to stay up late every night to watch it. I never understood why they stopped airing it.

X-Men Evolution:

Loved this show so much. I still watch it every now and again when it's on. The art style was what caught my eye and the X-Men as teenagers made the stories much more interesting.

Powerpuff Girls:

Probably my favourite cartoon as a kid. Buttercup kicked ass! I guess I really liked this because it was way back in the 90s when girl power was popular. It's also a cartoon that adults can watch and enjoy with it's many allusions to things only adults would get.

Hey Arnold:

My favourite thing about this show was Helga and her obsession with Arnold. I used to watch it just to see the episodes with her in because she was so entertaining. I just wish they had made that second movie ;_;

HEEEEYY AAARRNOLD!!! Oh wow did that show and theme rock!

PPG was always a kickass show nuff said. X-men Evolution and Batman beyond.....Both were great shows ( i still watch evolution every day on Disney DX :P ) but I prefer evolution over beyond anyday. I hated Terri (BB's batman). I mean yeah he was a kickass batman but I just didnt like his......well him as a person when he doesnt have the suit. BTW the Batman beyond movie: Return of joker, was KILL! Probably one of the best cartoon movies based on a show I've ever seen. Only thing I dislike about evolution is Wolverine's VA. Probably because I'm used to his newer VA in Wolverine and the X-men. But except that it's a great show.

You can't have a toon conversation without......

"lets get dangerous.." :lol: Edited by Shadic the original
Hidden

Oh yes, I remember Darkwing Duck quite well. One of my favorite cartoons back in 1992-1993. This was a spin-off of Duck Tales? I remember there was a couple of characters from Duck Tales. Yeah, Launchpad. I remember some student at this Catholic high school I went to for one year was called Launchpad, because he looked like Launchpad. It was really hilarious, he did!

I remember the show's name getting butchered by someone, I forgot who. But they called it, "Duckling Duck" :lol:

Hidden

It's kind of a shame that Launchpad was made out to be so stupid in Darkwing Duck (from what I can remember of it). In DuckTales, he wasn't very bright or competent, but he was well-meaning, heroic, and good-natured, and he usually pulled through in the end. In Darkwing, he really felt more like an idiot (and a coward) than ever before. I didn't enjoy this flanderization.

And yes, Darkwing is a spin-off of DuckTales not only because of Launchpad (and one other character), but because Drake's city was a sister city of Duckberg. While I enjoyed both series quite a lot, I prefer DuckTales for its more adventurous, less slapstick tone. And because Scrooge is one of my most favorite characters ever.

Hidden

Another cartoon I loved was House of Mouse. Every Disney character ever showed up in that show. It made for some awesome Disney in-jokes.

2.jpg

ohemgeenh1.jpg

Seriously, where else will you freaking see this.

Hidden

Batman: The Animated Series - I CANNOT say what isn't already said about this show. Bruce Timm did a fantastic job in translating Batman into a much larger demographic. The show just contains themes that any one of any age can appreciate. The stories for most of the episodes are exceptionally well written, and full of character. My personal favorites are Heart of Ice and I Am the Night. The voice cast is amazing and endearing. Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill will always be my favorite Bats and Joker.

The Spectacular Spider-Man - While the 90s series bored me to tears, this series caught my full attention. This show is one of the few cartoons now that have a full-on continuity, and best of all consistent. The characters are full of character and they all get to show off their personalities without overshadowing Peter Parker. The Gargoyles team (lead by Greg Weisman) takes everything that is Spider-Man (Ultimate Spider-Man, the original comics, the movies) and make something completely new. And whatever they do work. The script is smart and well written. The animation is great, and the fights keep me on the edge of my seat, and they just keep getting even more epic. This show deserves a 3rd season. It stopping now would be a complete waste.

Ducktales - My favorite adventure cartoon at the time. And...Launchpad. I love Launchpad. XD

Ed, Edd, & Eddy - Randomness at best. :D

Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends - I love it for it's creativity and fun style. =)

Avatar: The Last Airbender - What hasn't been said about this series. It has great characters, and an interesting setting that demanded me to keep following this series. It has the best animation I've seen on television, and the action is very emmersive (sp?), too.

I'm tired now. The other shows I was going to make paragraph long descriptions are...Gargoyles, X-Men (1990s), Flapjack, Invader Zim, and Darkwing Duck.

Posted (edited) · Hidden
Hidden

Does anyone remember this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rkn9llw6ey0 This was one of the reasons that made Fridays worth waiting for.

Oh man. I love my cartoons. While, they are not as awesome, as a whole, they still manage to keep me entertain at times. Most of the cartoons that I do watch are more of the old ones. It sucks that cartoonist can't do/won't do all the stuff they used to. Some of these cartoon seem like straight up kids toys, not fun for the whole family. Chowder, Flapjack and the Mighty B are example of comedic cartoon that are good for the family these days.

(If you think Rocko's Modern life is innocent for Lil' Timmy and Sally? Watch it again and see all of the adult jokes that people won't even come close to use today.)

Here's are some of my favorite cartoons... (My post may sloooooooooow this topic down.XP)

Popeye- A classic. Popeye was one of my first favorites! Popeye was just so awesome! While I really don't care about C.Norris, from Internetland, Popeye was C.Norris before C.Norris ever became overrated. Sure, Popeye did the same thing through most of the episodes: Love Olive Oyl, eat spinach, punch Bluto and "I'm Popeye the Sailor Man! *toot tooooooot!*", but he always handled it differently. Going to different locales, with different personas, and kicking ass along the way.

Samurai Jack- With Genndy Tartakovsky finally letting go Dexter's Lab, not a good thing on the Dexter's lab series, but in a way, Samurai Jack wasn't a bad change of pace. Seriously, every episode was an adventure of it's own. If jack wasn't fighting bull robots to save dog people, he was helping monkeys who were bullied but could jump great. The Mobster episode and the Aku Storybook was one of my favorites. Speaking of Aku, he was once of the best villains of all time, imo. Seriously, the dude was an evil genius and hilarious to boot. You can't find and evil balance o that in cartoons these days.

Courage the Cowardly Dog- Courage was an awesome character. Scared out of his mind, but mustered every bit of courage he had to saved Muriel and Eustace Bagg from some of the craziest yet epic threats I've seen in a family cartoon. Not to mention that it had once of the best soundtracks as well! The music from the Tower of Zalots, Goat Pain and The Uncommon Cold will forever play in my head.

Ed, Edd n Eddy- Probably one of my favorite cartoons of all time, Ed, Edd n Eddy was the perfect dude's/family cartoon combination. It did what made family cartoons rights: great characters, awesome plots and cray hijinks that made sense with the plot or went completely left field. Honestly, I saw a lot of me in the Eds. All three of them, really pissed me off when they ended the show, but better to end it than drag it along like Spongebob or Fairly Oddparents(Post- Poof), imo.

MegasXLR- You can't tell me that you didn't wish that you'd find a discarded giant robot lying around that you could customize, repaint anyway you want, and if the head is removed, stick the car on top as the control module. I'll make it short and easy.(Not really.) I dig giant robots... we dig giant robots.. CHICKS dig giant robots! Oh, and it was soooooooooooooo nice! MegasXLR had and awesome plot with Coop and Jamie going around, owning intergalactic entities by using awesome gaming skills and whatever they could pull out of their ass. Kiva was also awesome, adding a serious touch to the mix, but learning from the buds o chill out every once and a while. Oh look! It was just awesome! They had a giant car-headed robot, every dude's dream, fighting with/ beating the crap out of aliens, plants, in death sports, bounty hunters, power ranger knock-offs, alter-egos, anime girls, mascots... Hell, they beat the crap out of a Sonic knock-off!

Teenage Muntant Ninja Turtles- My childhood... it's calls me, and it said one thing... It loves being a turtle! TMNT was just straight up awesome! Not to mention that the creator of the series, had to have one hell of an imagination making this! Turtles, that know ninjitsu, scarf pizzas and seem like an awesome group to hang out with. I did like all four movies, the remake of the series(It followed the comic books a little more. Until they fucked it up with fast forward...)

The Animaniacs- Yakko, Wakko and Dot. If they weren't making fun of celeberites... they were making fun of other characters. By being so zany and so annoying that you couldn't help but love them They even had success for a kickass spin-off, Pinky and the Brain.

Freakazoid!- Unleashed, unwired, spontaneous,... that's Freakazoid in a nut shell. Its Animaniacs in Superhero form. He was so zany, with well placed off the wall humor. That was his superpower, while being able to electrocuted things, he could also annoy people too death! Can you ask for more? Yes? Well, then stuff it greedy! It's all you need.

Avatar: The Last Airbender- When a series tries to be epic, it usually falls flat on its face, rolls up mid-season and dies. Avatar didn't do that at the least! Truly, one of Nick's best series of all time, Avatar had more admirable characters that tI seen in most new age cartoons combined! Even the extremely lesser characters had an purpose! Every action, every relationship; it amounted to something! Creating a aeries, memorable from beginning to end. It also had a great deal of humor; people need to realize that humor can work in an epic series! It really adds to some of the characters ' personality instead of just milking corny lines all day. From beginning to end, Avatar had all this.

Batman: The Brave and the Bold- And people said that the lightheated and serious Batman themes couldn't coexist... Batman:tBatB did this very well, not only that, but giving some other superheroes a chance to actually see the light instead of seeing Wonder Woman and Super for the Million times. Heroes that were either discontinued or killed off long ago. And honestly, I've gron to have a little more respect for them. Once for example, Jonah Hex. I've had no idea who this guy was before this show, but now I'm interested in checking more out.

Danny Phantom- Why in the world... was this so ended so quickly? Seriously, it had so much potential, did nothing really wrong, interesting characters...cool villains, awesome storylines- WHERE THE HELL DID THIS SERIES GO WRONG?! It was MegasXLR/Invader Zim level injustice to how long this series lasted! But hey, we still have fairly Oddparents, right? (Whoopie-freaking-doo! That's show nothing more than weapon jokes, old sarcasm and baby Poof 24/7 spotlight these days.)

Rugrats, The Mighty B, Catdog, Angry Beavers, Rocko's Modern Life, Invader Zim, Chowder, The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack, Teen Titans, Dexter's Lab, Ren & Stimpy, Earthworm Jim, The Boondocks Robot Chicken, Frisky Dingo, Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Deathclok, DragonBall Z, One Piece, Yu-gi-Oh!, Paranoia Agent, Full Metal Alchemist, Bleach, FLCL, BoBoBo BoBo-BoBo!, Trinity Blood, Trigun, Blood+, Samurai Champloo, Afro Samurai, and Super Milk Chan are honorable mention. Not lesser in anyway though. I can't type all of these details all the freaking time!XD

Bakugan can go die in a fucking ditch!

Edited by YoshiUnity
Hidden

These mentions of Samurai Jack I've heard over the years intrigue me. I'm going to look for a torrent of this series; from what I've read up on it, it sounds like an incredible show.

I've actually seen the entire first season of The Boondocks before; I expected it to be annoying (like almost every other show on Adult Swim), but it turned out to be pretty entertaining and amusing. Another one I should mention is Xavier: Renegade Angel. Some episodes were hit-and-miss (severely so), but it had a lot of brilliant moments.

I memorized the entire script for the first season's final episode and can recite every single line by heart.

Hidden

These mentions of Megas XLR makes me wanna watch that series once again (especially with me in a Mazinger Z mood at the moment. Megas should be in a Super Robot Wars game! HAHA!)

When it comes to cartoons, that's pretty much what I watch on TV (with some other live action shows like The Fresh Prince, Scrubs, Star Trek, Doctor Who and whatever else). Well, I guess I find 'em more intreaguing for one, even if most are aimed at kids. But they can still be appreciated when you look at it in other ways. And then there's this thing about me drawing crazy cartoons and wanting to go in the biz (as well as comics and video games possibly), but that's nothing~!

I could make an extravagant list and name such favourites, but really, I just have faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar too much to name, some that wouldn't come to mind at the moment.

I can just name a few, like: Tom & Jerry, Dexter's Lad, Batman the Animated Series (KEVIN CONROOOOOY!!!), Batman the Brave and the Bold, X-Men, Transformers, GI Joe, Spectacular Spider-Man, Freakazoid, Animaniacs, Futurama, few Cartoon Network shows, early Spongebob, Transformers Animated, Beast Wars (Beast Machines = Bleh!), Duck Tales (WOO HOO), Looney Tunes, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Megas XLR, and that's all that comes to mind for the time being.

Posted (edited) · Hidden
Hidden

These mentions of Samurai Jack I've heard over the years intrigue me. I'm going to look for a torrent of this series; from what I've read up on it, it sounds like an incredible show.

I've actually seen the entire first season of The Boondocks before; I expected it to be annoying (like almost every other show on Adult Swim), but it turned out to be pretty entertaining and amusing. Another one I should mention is Xavier: Renegade Angel. Some episodes were hit-and-miss (severely so), but it had a lot of brilliant moments.

I memorized the entire script for the first season's final episode and can recite every single line by heart.

I didn't get into Samurai Jack too much because the style really put me off as a kid. Though now going back and watching a few after reading into this thread made a world of a difference. There is a bunch of action (mostly asskicking) but the style and animation I can appreciate now that I am older. It's actually fairly interesting universe with some really weird characters. I think it was ended the way Megas got to boot...it was deemed much to violent for a children's show. Actually, it really is quite brutal.

These mentions of Megas XLR makes me wanna watch that series once again (especially with me in a Mazinger Z mood at the moment. Megas should be in a Super Robot Wars game! HAHA!)

I just did. I didn't regret a single moment of it either (if you couldn't tell) It's the best thing to ever come out of Cartoon Network and I am shamed that it had to go so soon. I am currently downloading the soundtrack because I love it to death. The main "relaxed" theme that usually rears it's head after the intro is now stuck in my head.

Edited by Rauzaruke
Posted (edited) · Hidden
Hidden

Hmm one of my childhood memories.... DIGIMON and Pokemon (before 4kids lost it and every character got new terrible VA's lol).

Digimon Oh did love love this show/anime. It was about a group of teens that got sent to a world called the Digital world. Once there they met up with their partners (except season 4). Veemon and Augumon were my favs and Guilmon (i know i spelled his name wrong) came in like in 3rd. Each digimon had atleast 3 levels, rookie (usually their basic level they stay in most of the time) champion and ultimate. Certain ones were able to go pass that and reach their final and most powerful form....THE MEGA LEVEL But it was usually the leader that pushed that limit. Fusion, and burst mode were later introduced in later seasons. I miss this show sooo much especially season 2.

POKEMON We all know about Pokemon, we all went through that pokemon thing back in the late 90's early 00's. We all bought/owned atleast one game, one card, and saw atleast one episode. In other words we all lived... in a pokemon world. Nuff said.

Im actually surprised no one mention either show...

Edited by Shadic the original
Posted (edited) · Hidden
Hidden

If Capcom ever makes a sequel to Tech Romancer, they need to include a Megas XLR like robot. Actually, considering that the game's cast is essentially a parody of every type of mech ever with each mech representing many different animes, it might make more sense just to include Megas itself, considering that it's already parodying all kinds of stuff.

I can't be the only one who has ever fantasizes about a Thundercats serise that looks as good as the intro.

Edited by Phos
Hidden

Not sure if anyone has gave a mention to this classic?

user90982pic12941121263.jpg

Samurai Pizza Cars was a great show. I loved it when I was growing up in the 80

Hidden

The English Samurai Pizza Cats was actually a lot more enjoyable than the Japanese version, which was originally a straight, typical generic hero show. The dub takes enough liberties with it to making something good out of what was originally bad.

Hidden

I'm a big cartoon nut, and watch them all the time. If I made a list of my favorites, it'd be a long, so I'll put my all time favorite instead which would be the Looney Tunes. I've been watching them ever since I was little, and I've always gotten a great laugh every time I watch them. It's a real shame it's not shown on TV anymore, although way back in the beginning of this year Cartoon Network showed a marathon of Looney Tunes which was a huge surprise. One of these day, I should pick up the DVD's.