Awoo.

Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon series 2017

antyep

http://comicbook.com/2016/10/08/new-spider-man-animated-series-will-debut-in-2017/

Well as said from the link above, Ultimate Spider-Man will end (finally), and replaced with a new Spider-Man series that promises to follow a back-to-basis approach; showing Peter Parker struggling to balance his superhero life with his everyday life. While I'm glad for this, I'm skeptical about how it'll be handled. I mean, this is no doubt a way to cash in the upcoming Spider-Man Homecoming movie.

I maybe bias, but I doubt this will top Spectacular Spider-Man, which they should've bought from Sony and continue it.

Finally a new (& Hopefully good) Spider-Man cartoon. Now admittedly, Ultimate Spider-Man on it's own merits was not a bad show. but as a Spider-Man cartoon, it's pretty much a crapfest throughout it's run (It didn't help that it took it's name from what many considered, one of the best incarnations of Spider-Man to date.) so i'm looking to foward to see what this deilevers. 

Just give me 90's Spiderman in HD without the re-used scenes and a conclusion to he series and I'll watch it everyday.

I'm terrible at getting around to checking out new shows, but having loved Spectacular Spider-Man (and not having gotten around to watching the other Spidey toons yet, lel), I'm incredibly interested in this. Even though they haven't given a lot of details, what they've said sounds really promising to me, as long as they can deliver on what they've said. Hopefully it's similar to Spectacular Spider-Man in terms of focus, story, and quality.

• 2 weeks later...

I really want to be excited for this new Spider-man show, but I really can't at the moment. I remember well about making that mistake with Ultimate Spider-man back when it first came out. So, I'm keeping my expectation relatively low for this one at the time being until I've seen how it plays out. I really do want this to be a good one, at least better or tolerable than the Ultimate Spider-man TV show.

• 1 month later...
On 12/7/2016 at 7:24 PM, antyep said:

http://comicbook.com/2016/10/08/new-spider-man-animated-series-will-debut-in-2017/

Well as said from the link above, Ultimate Spider-Man will end (finally), and replaced with a new Spider-Man series that promises to follow a back-to-basis approach; showing Peter Parker struggling to balance his superhero life with his everyday life. While I'm glad for this, I'm skeptical about how it'll be handled. I mean, this is no doubt a way to cash in the upcoming Spider-Man Homecoming movie.

I maybe bias, but I doubt this will top Spectacular Spider-Man, which they should've bought from Sony and continue it.

Yeah, it would be nice to see Spectacular continue, I really loved that show. Still, who knows, maybe this will do just as good, or even better. It's certainly been enough time that someone who was inspired by that show might actually be working on this one. But I guess we'll have to see. I will say though, I am going to miss Drake Bell as Spidey, it was oddly a fitting choice for me.

Apparently they're not gonna stray the whole Spider being on a team, from Ultimate Spider-Man, for in this one, he's gonna team with Miles Morales Spider-Man, and Spider-Gwen.,

35 minutes ago, antyep said:

Apparently they're not gonna stray the whole Spider being on a team, from Ultimate Spider-Man, for in this one, he's gonna team with Miles Morales Spider-Man, and Spider-Gwen.,

This hasn't actually been confirmed. There has been new branding art featuring the 2 that is in the new art style along side venom, however there has been no actual announcement that they will appear

• 2 months later...
On 12/8/2016 at 8:18 AM, BlueBlur91 said:

Finally a new (& Hopefully good) Spider-Man cartoon. Now admittedly, Ultimate Spider-Man on it's own merits was not a bad show. but as a Spider-Man cartoon, it's pretty much a crapfest throughout it's run (It didn't help that it took it's name from what many considered, one of the best incarnations of Spider-Man to date.) so i'm looking to foward to see what this deilevers. 

IIRC, didn't that show get better with progression and later seasons?

10 hours ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

IIRC, didn't that show get better with progression and later seasons?

Yup the final two seasons were great they even manage to do a nonconveluted version of the clunkiest arc ever the clone saga 

• 1 month later...

We finally have a clip!

Gotta say, I like how different the style is from Marvel's usual "roided-up toy commercial" animation. Reminds me a bit of Spectacular where they stuck to a simpler style for the sake of better animation. Also, Spidey sounds like he's played by Robbie Daymond this time, who, if you didn't know, plays Tuxedo Mask in the Viz dub of Sailor Moon, Joe Kido in the Digimon Adventure tri. movies, Michelangelo in TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan, as well as having played the web-slinger previously in an English dub of a Marvel anime aired outside of the US:

Looking forward to seeing this air, as I'm excited to see how they bring Anya, Miles, and Gwen into the fold as well as what stories they adapt. If it's at least as good as the Guardians toon, I'll be satisfied.

The dialogue was very degrading for me. Like something out of the 90s, in a bad way. I just hope the show is just a X-Men Evo thing, y'know, that it gets better each season.

• 3 weeks later...

The origin will be retold through a series of shorts and the first is already out. Lots of little plot nuggets planted from the introduction of the Smythe family to there being more than one escaped test spider, hinting towards the introduction of Miles, Gwen, and Anya later.

The more I see of this show, the more I want to see a full episode! It seems to be doing some interesting things while not being as loud and blatant as Ultimate Spider-Man was at first with it and I really like the anime-esque art style. (Also, it's confirmed to have an appearance by Miguel O'Hara, so that's got me interested from the get-go.)

What the fuck is going on with the faces of some of those characters!?

Like... the guy who works at Oscorp!? His beard!? It looks like it's a comedy prop that he's stuck onto his chin!

• 3 weeks later...

We have a new trailer AND a date! August 19th!

Also, additional casting info:

Robbie Daymond - Peter Parker/Spider-Man
Max Mittelman - Harry Osborn
Nadji Jeter - Miles Morales
Laura Bailey - Gwen Stacy
Melanie Minichino - Anya Corazon
Fred Tatasciore - Max Modell
Nancy Linari - Aunt May
Patton Oswalt - Uncle Ben
Scott Menville - Dr. Octopus
John Dimaggio - The Jackal
Alastair Duncan - The Vulture

I KNEW that was Robbie Daymond! Also, Laura Bailey as Gwen is an excellent choice. Scott Menville as Doc Ock is kinda weird, though.

They also hinted at the symbiote plot lines of this show and the Guardians show intersecting, so that's really cool. (Even though Guardians' canon placement is still really, REALLY strange in relation to all of the other shows.)

DuckTales and this are gonna make my birth month even sweeter. :D

• Thumbs Up 1

The fact that this is going to be airing at 7 AM on Saturdays makes me feel as if Marvel doesn't have much confidence in this show.

18 hours ago, Spiderpool CC14 said:

We have a new trailer AND a date! August 19th!

Also, additional casting info:

Robbie Daymond - Peter Parker/Spider-Man
Max Mittelman - Harry Osborn
Nadji Jeter - Miles Morales
Laura Bailey - Gwen Stacy
Melanie Minichino - Anya Corazon
Fred Tatasciore - Max Modell
Nancy Linari - Aunt May
Patton Oswalt - Uncle Ben
Scott Menville - Dr. Octopus
John Dimaggio - The Jackal
Alastair Duncan - The Vulture

I KNEW that was Robbie Daymond! Also, Laura Bailey as Gwen is an excellent choice. Scott Menville as Doc Ock is kinda weird, though.

They also hinted at the symbiote plot lines of this show and the Guardians show intersecting, so that's really cool. (Even though Guardians' canon placement is still really, REALLY strange in relation to all of the other shows.)

DuckTales and this are gonna make my birth month even sweeter. :D

GOTG and this are likely seperate from Avengers Assemble since that was linked to Ultimate Spiderman.

Hmmm, wonder if that means we'll see the corruption of one of the noble symbiotes, rather than one of the crazy ones showing up right away