Awoo.

The General American Politics Thread

turbojet

Preventing people from voting for any one candidate in a contest, thereby skewing the chances of victory for remaining candidates more in their favor? Isn't that a form of voter fraud?

Even so, a Secretary of State is going to not put you on the ballot. That's not the sort of idiocy you sit back and take. "Oh well, looks like I've lost that state."

• Thumbs Up 1

Is Arizona a Winner-Take-All state? If not, Obama has some stake in campaigning there regardless.

Obama campaigned there in 2008 and didn't get anything, really.

Of course he didn't get anything from Arizona from 2008- John McCain was one of the state's senators.

I think its fucking bullrap he looks American, sounds American, he wants work for America he is American! His Dad was born in Kenya big fucking deal. dry.png

He couldn't be more American if you threw an Apple Pie in his face, hit him with a Baseball bat and covered the Stars And Stripes flag over him!

By the way by American I mean USA. smile.png

Edited by BW199148

Apple Pies are European in origin (Holland, right?), but I see your point... though merely looking, sounding and tasting American clearly isn't enough for some folks. If he was white with the name Jorgensen, nobody would wonder if he might be from Scandinavia, it is merely his dark complexion that has far-righters wondering if he might be a Kenyan.

I thought meat pies were more a European thing, while fruit pies were popular here? (I demand to see pie's birth certificate.) Anyways I can't believe this movement is being endorsed by someone in a state office.

Isn't this just as bad as turning away voters from the polls? Fuck the racism angle. Isn't there a law that prevents you from fucking with the vote? Don't tamper with the fucking vote. Someone get this motherfucker.

Edited by Badnikz

Most pies can trace their origins back to somewhere in Europe. In this pie's case, it is either England or Holland. What, you thought Apple Pie was a uniquely American phenomenon?

English apple pie recipes go back to the time of Chaucer. The 1381 recipe (see illustration) lists the ingredients as good apples, good spices, figs, raisins and pears. The cofyn of the recipe is a casing of pastry. Saffron is used for colouring the pie filling.

In English speaking countries, apple pie is a dessert of enduring popularity, eaten hot or cold, on its own or with ice cream, double cream, or custard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_pie

No I don't think pies come from America. Did you have to go and quote shit?

I was saying the word pie means fruit pie here.

I was under the impression that meat pies were more favored across the pond.

It doesn't matter where things come from. Italian pizza is largely different than what I buy here.

It doesn't mean New York is not known for making pizza. You get me?

Edited by Badnikz

Meat and fruit pies are equally beloved across the pond. Just because the word has, to some people, come to mean one particular strain of pie in this country, that doesn't mean that's what it actually means. And yeah I know it doesn't really matter where shit comes from, but it does all render the saying, "as American as apple pie," utterly without basis in fact.

Anyway, let's move back onto the topic of... er... presidential electioneering.

Yes yes, back to that. This guy from Arizona is a douchebag. It shouldn't be legal to exclude someone from the ballot, it's akin to voter fraud. Are we going to start assassinating political rivals? Is Afghanistan a political role model?

American as apple pie is outdated anyways. Apple pie as an American comfort food is from my parents' generation.

Edited by Badnikz

Well. Now I am hungry for some Holland Apple Pie.

Apparently Romney wants to avoid McCain's mistakes when it came to the VP selection process. So, instead of choosing Palin-esque candidates, he will choose an incredibly boring white guy according to officials.

I swear sometimes the Republican party just wants to be called racist just to show people their "black friends" to disprove that belief.

Be right back. Getting Apple Pie.

Edited by turbojet

Be right back. Getting Apple Pie.

Don't get any ideas experimenting with baked goods! wink.png

So Romney ain't appealing to the Right-Wing Christian Soccer Moms then? smile.png

Apparently Romney wants to avoid McCain's mistakes when it came to the VP selection process. So, instead of choosing Palin-esque candidates, he will choose an incredibly boring white guy according to officials.

I swear sometimes the Republican party just wants to be called racist just to show people their "black friends" to disprove that belief.

Are there any novelty politicians he could choose that have not either already run against him or have failed to endorse him yet? I'm not well versed in our Congressmen and Senators, but I still can't think of a single person he could've chosen, so I pretty much expected this.

He's going to go for the Hispanic vote, he's going to pick Marco Rubio. I am 99% sure on this.

Yell at me later if I'm wrong.

Edited by Mono
  • Thumbs Up 1

Considering the mass exodus of over 120 sponsors, including the Salvation Army, from the Rush Limbaugh Show due to his comments about Sandra Fluke in February, I strongly doubt anyone will take anything Rush says with anything more than a roll of the eyes at this point.

Edited by Joshua
  • Thumbs Up 1

Considering the mass exodus of over 120 sponsors, including the Salvation Army, from the Rush Limbaugh Show due to his comments about Sandra Fluke in February, I strongly doubt anyone will take anything Rush says with anything more than a roll of the eyes at this point.

Wait. So the conspiracy was the conspiracy? Like that episode of South Park, where the Bush Presidency faked the fake 9/11 evidence so crazy/stupid people thought the government was behind it and was thus something to be feared?

• Thumbs Up 1

You'd be very, very surprised how many still take him seriously.

He's still number one in all of radio. Millions of people listen to him. "Dittoheads".

Another piece of news regarding birthers...

I found that shit so hilarious that I can't say anything else about it, as lame as this is. :lol:

I'm from Massachusetts, and I have to say having Romney running the entire country would be pretty damn terrible. He didn't do shit for the people of Massachusetts, he won't do shit for the people of America. Of course, Congress is so dysfunctional that it might not make a difference anyway. Still loathe him, though.

Congress seriously needs to get something like term limits. 90% of all the reps in the house win re-election. And we keep wondering why congress sucks: it's the same assholes for over 20-30 years.

Edited by Mono

It's not even the President who makes everything. The Congress is the major government in terms of decisions and bills. All the president does is sign the bill, approving or vetoing it (I may be wrong, but I'm trying to get somewhere with this). Considering Congress was the one who tried to get the SOPA/ACTA/FTIITA (Fuck The Internet In The Ass) bill passed, we SERIOUSLY need to get more people knowledgable in this technical world we live in on Congress.