Awoo.

The General American Politics Thread

turbojet

Miami-Broward hasn't reported in yet so it's still a horse race. Still, what the fuck is wrong with this shit-ass state?

Florida is in desperate need of an intervention. Where's that gif of Bugs Bunny when you need it?

1 minute ago, Mad Convoy said:

Its Florida is all I have to say. That state is notoriously unpredictable in just about everything.

Unpredictable? No.

Stupid? More accurate. 

4 minutes ago, Johnny Boy said:

Florida is in desperate need of an intervention. Where's that gif of Bugs Bunny when you need it?

Right here! Image result for bugs bunny florida

• Thumbs Up 8

Its Florida is all I have to say. That state is notoriously unpredictable in just about everything.

Unpredictable? No.

Stupid? More accurate. 

How dare you.

Well even if (God forbid) Clinton loses Florida she still has a shot of winning. Trump is pretty much done for without it plus Ohio (which he's losing right now).

Just now, Dizcrybe said:

Aaand Trump just took MS.

Eh, that was a forgone conclusion. It's the swing states we need to focus on.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Johnny Boy said:

Eh, that was a forgone conclusion. It's the swing states we need to focus on.

Is Maine a swing state? Because Clinton just took the lead there.

"Swing state" doesn't really apply to Maine. It allocates electoral votes based on district, so Clinton and Trump can both win votes from it.

Florida, Ohio, and Nevada are the ones we really need to worry about. Clinton needs just one of them basically (and it should've been Florida, but they wanna be bitch-asses right now so let's take a deep breath and move on), while Trump needs two if not all three to get it.

21 minutes ago, Ming Ming Hatsune said:

How dare you.

Meh, every state's had their dumb moments.

And Florida is no exception, especially at this moment.

17 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

Miami-Broward hasn't reported in yet so it's still a horse race. Still, what the fuck is wrong with this shit-ass state?

Hey that is really uncalled for.

4 minutes ago, Tails spin said:

I think it's warranted when they disrespect a tragedy like the Miami shooting by voting for a senator against gun control laws, and wants a VP that's homophobic and for conversion therapy.  Unless you wanna ignore those points and are for those kind of things, I see no reason to get your feelings hurt.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Tails spin said:

It's really not. Florida's been a political bane for the past twelve years.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Nepenthe said:

Trump getting the South and Midwest was a given. Those aren't states to worry about.

I get that. But the fact that now he's likely to win Florida and Ohio means that he can legitimately get his foot in the door now. Oh my goodness.