Awoo.

The General American Politics Thread

turbojet

2 minutes ago, Tailikku said:

Not only Gamergate, but Fuck the current Republican party

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/simpsons/images/3/36/Republican_Party.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20121022150655

Not all Republicans are bad though, heck I am a democrat and a liberal and there are a few republicans I actually like for the most part

Just now, MadmanRB said:

Not all replubkicans are bad though, heck I am a democrat and a liberal and there are a few republicans I actually like for the most part

Stop making excuses.

• Thumbs Up 1

If anyone cares, PA has them tied.

I still expect Trump to take it, though.

Same here...just...wow.

I thought people knew better...

3 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

People are worried about gay marriage because Republicans literally control everything, including justice nominations with the court, meaning- yes- gay marriage for all is seriously on the line here because they could easily review and thus overturn it, and we'd have to probably wait until the next justice died and hope we get a liberal replacement to get it back.

Also, fuck Gamergate.

WHY COULDN'T THE MEDIA BE NICER TO THEM AND ACTUALLY TRY TO BE EVEN HALF AS TOLERANT AND UNDERSTANDING THAT THEY BOASTED ABOUT? WHY DIDN'T THEY TAKE THEIR CONCERNS SERIOUSLY WHEN THEY POINTED OUT CORRUPTION AT THE SOCIETY OF PROFESSIONAL JOURNALISM OR THAT DEEPFREEZE SITE? WE COULD. HAVE. HAD. SERIOUS. DISCUSSIONS. WHY DIDN'T YOU LISTEN!?!?1?!?

Well seems like no one here has entirely thought of Paul Ryan who seemed to be anti gay just for votes in the bad states (he is a moderate as is John McCain and even Romney to a point and heck there is Rubio too)

vIaqV8R.gif

..... Are you trolling right now? Like, I literally don't know what you're on, Treacher.

• Thumbs Up 3

Well its not like Hilary was a saint here on issues like gay marriage , neither was Obama really.

Its not like I am pro Trump mind you, or pro republican.

Just now, MadmanRB said:

Well its not like Hilary was a saint here on issues like gay marriage , neither was Obama really.

Obama kinda made it legal nation-wide, so...

• Thumbs Up 5

1 minute ago, MadmanRB said:

Its not like I am pro Trump mind you, or pro republican.

Lol. Cause Hilary supports conversion therapy. Cause she totally wanted gay marriage repealed. She totally was against equal job opportunity. She totally enforces homophobic actions from citizens.

Don't make perfection the enemy of good. Regardless of their past stances, we know their currents ones, and we know they would've worked hard to protect and expand established protections for LGBT.

Speaking of that, transgender people will likely not be added to the list of protected classes now, so say hello to more things like the bathroom bills and increased violence on your persons. Seriously, y'all need to stay safe.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Dizcrybe said:

Obama kinda made it legal nation-wide, so...

Yeah but that still had to pass the house and senate, and last time I checked the republicans had the majority even when that was passed.

I sure hope that Ruth Bader Ginsburg has it in her to last another 4 years, because I cannot face a SCOTUS populated by far-right zealots.

Not sure if real or not, but it's trending on Twitter. Terrifying if it's real.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, KHCast said:

Welp, least we know that this is the final season of SNL

South Park should be great until 2020, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

vIaqV8R.gif

..... Are you trolling right now? Like, I literally don't know what you're on, Treacher.

That kind of dismissive behavior is what I'm talking about. People were...too hard on them. To the point where people cracked and voted for Trump either joyously or in disgust to stick it to the establishment.

It's not a minority's fault to coddle someone oppressing them with images of dead bodies and doxxing them for critiquing their precious video games. It's up to people in a position of power, either socially or politically, to tell them their behavior is not okay. Straight up- white dudes and the GOP failed in that department. So yeah, have fun with those clowns running around in your ranks, conservatives.

• Thumbs Up 5

Well thats the other side of the coin I was going to mention, those crazies are not in the majority even with the conservatives.

The problem with fringes is that they are so easy to skim off, though I wish i could  say that about SJW's

The alt-right crazies make up enough of a reliable voting block in the GOP to have basically railroaded the party as more brazenly about white identity politics than it used to be after Civil Rights, and they've done it ever since we elected Obama. So even if they're not a majority (although that's looking less likely after tonight), they have enough numbers to make the establishment candidates pay attention to them, even if they don't actually agree with all or any of their positions. This is why people like Jeb got absolutely crushed in the primaries.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

The alt-right crazies make up enough of a reliable voting block in the GOP to have basically railroaded the party as more brazenly about white identity politics than it used to be after Civil Rights, and they've done it ever since we elected Obama. So even if they're not a majority (although that's looking less likely after tonight), they have enough numbers to make the establishment candidates pay attention to them, even if they don't actually agree with all or any of their positions. This is why people like Jeb got absolutely crushed in the primaries.

No Jeb was his own casualty, he does not have the finesse his father or brother had.

Especially Geroge Bush Sr, say what you will about him but that man knew how to talk.

He and Regan (and again liberal talking here)

Two options here: Pence is the real one in charge or Trumps been a puppet for Putin. Either way, fuck me sideways, I fucking hate white privileged cry babies right now

• Thumbs Up 5

Well yeah Pence will be the one in charge, I think we all know that.

I can deal with Pence, I may not like him but he will be on eggshells so he better watch himself.

Hope for 2020, courtesy of the 538 live election blog:

A coalition of 11 states with 165 electoral votes between them has agreed to an interstate compact that, once signed by states with a combined 270 or more electoral votes, would bind their electors to vote for the winner of the national popular vote — in effect ending the Electoral College. New York just joined this week. It wasn’t enough to affect this election, but maybe today’s result will spur more states to join.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/live-blog/2016-election-results-coverage/?ex_cid=extra_banner

I don't know what states are already in it, but fuck me this needs to happen.

• Thumbs Up 2