Awoo.

The General American Politics Thread

turbojet

Just now, MadmanRB said:

Yeah but its not going to be easy to reverse anything, there will be hold outs and perhaps riots.

Jesus Christ, the Republican Party is running the house and the GOP actively is anti-LGBT. Yes, it's very possible and likely for reversing laws especially when you push for religious rights in government 

Well. This is it. Trump is pretty much the 45th president of the United States. It could have been Bernie...

I understand the fear and concern people have. I'm very concern about the future of my country as well. This might be a terrible time for some right now but it's not too late to have your voices heard. Some people on Twitter are contemplating about suicide about this, please don't. It ain't worth it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Well its not going to happen anytime soon, it will take a while.

Its not going to be that easy, there will be consequences for this

The only thing we can do is fight. It's not gonna be easy, but if we wanna keep the rights, we gotta fight.

It's the best we can do at this point. How effective it will be, I don't know, but we have to do something.

• Thumbs Up 2

So are we allowed to claim that the election is rigged in some way too, or is that just a Republican-only argument?

Not saying it is rigged, but you never know.

Just now, KHCast said:

You're not the majority white vote.

Indeed, if we are going to pull the white wash card I dont play that.

Race is the last thing on my mind.

Heck if I am racist towards anything I am racist against humanity, silly humans :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Twitter blowing up right now, Hilary supports already admitting defeat...

How much you bet no one's gonna move and they are just gonna sit at home and whine then get over it. I mean c'mon people, when last a president did any or at all the things they said they were gonna do?

4 minutes ago, WakanoBaka said:

Twitter blowing up right now, Hilary supports already admitting defeat...

How much you bet no one's gonna move and they are just gonna sit at home and whine then get over it. I mean c'mon people, when last a president did any or at all the things they said they were gonna do?

And thats the other thing, even if Trump wins things will not change his way flat out

• Thumbs Up 1

You seem to think Trump has been elected to a position where he is going to be facing total Democratic opposition of the houses. This is a total Republican blowout, meaning Trump and his people basically have free reign over everyone for the next four years and, depending on how the Supreme Court acts, there will be a policy fallout of between 20-30 years. And the world is terrified; most leaders have weighed in negatively, and our dollar is dropping like a rock. No one is saying Trump will build a wall, but in general this is not a good thing for international affairs.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

And thats the other thing, even if Trump wins things will not change his way flat out

Exactly, people think change happens over night, hell there isn't even a guaranty of any change

And the world is terrified; most leaders have weighed in negatively, and our dollar is dropping like a rock. No one is saying Trump will build a wall, but in general this is not a good thing for international affairs.

Okay that I'd admit and agree on.

Well its not like the republicans will follow Trump blindly, once the office is won the party will crack as well as the democrats.

6 minutes ago, WakanoBaka said:

I read an article recently that made the case that presidents typically fulfill 75% of their campaign promises. That bodes ill for America.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Patticus said:

I read an article recently that made the case that presidents typically fulfill 75% of their campaign promises. That bodes ill for America.

Fuckshit...really?

>Remembers Ronald Reagan and minimum wadge

Shit....well we know there isn't gonna be a wall cause...that's just stupid

1 minute ago, WakanoBaka said:

Fuckshit...really?

Trump is stupid. The people who voted for him are stupid. Do the math.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, SenEDtor Missile said:

Trump is stupid. The people who voted for him are stupid. Do the math.

Generalization of the century.

Here's another...

All politicians are stupid, it's just which ones can sound better on camera.

2 minutes ago, WakanoBaka said:

Fuckshit...really?

Indeed, in fact there were a few things that Regan did that were not traditional republican both good and bad.

This is why I actually in retrospect liked Regan

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, WakanoBaka said:

Fuckshit...really?

Shit... well we know there isn't gonna be a wall cause...that's just stupid

The wall can't happen, unless:

• Trump uses the threat of military action, even annexation, to force Mexico to build the wall. Mexico being a country in no position to construct such a vast public works project, its economy would likely crash, and it may even enter a renewed period of civil war, halting wall construction and worsening migration to the north beyond that which a wall would already worsen it by.
  • Trump builds symbolic walls along small stretches of the border, and encourages Americans living along the rest to build their own, with the promise of government subsidies.
  • Thumbs Up 2

One thing completely baffles me is my uncle voted Trump when he's in a union. I have to feel the majority of his supporters did no research into his running mate, who is extremely anti-Union.