Awoo.

The General American Politics Thread

turbojet

Second time that someone has targeted our Obama sign on the lawn and stolen it. Targeted the others in our neighborhood, too.

They also stole all of the Obama/Biden signs around the polling places. EVERY POLLING PLACE IN JACKSONVILLE.

Edited by Scheming Minor

So, I voted for Gary Johnson, despite knowing full well he ain't gonna win. On one hand I feel like I did the right thing sticking to my guns and going down fighting with mah boy, but my inner realist feels like I just threw my vote away. But I felt like I was fucking up the country picking Obama or Romney, so....

As far as smaller parties are concerned, you are doing them a complete disservice by only voting in the national elections instead of protesting and voting in your local elections. That is ultimately how things get noticed in the bigger political sphere. Gay rights, income inequality and wealth disparity, and religious and constitutional rights weren't just random issues the major parties picked out of a hat to fight about one day: they were brought forth into the political conversation by LGBT activists, OWS, and the Tea Party respectively through their rigorous activism in public. This is how issues start to matter, this is how fresh blood gets noticed, and this is how other parties and differently-thinking individuals will start to have a discernible effect on our political atmosphere, not by voting for the unknown third-party candidate you know very well is guaranteed to lose every four years; the effect of that action is ultimately negligible.

So uh.

Am I just misinformed and nervous, or is this looking good for Romney? Guys? Guys? :C

I currently share your fear.

• Thumbs Up 2

So uh.

Am I just misinformed and nervous, or is this looking good for Romney? Guys? Guys? :C

He's had a couple called for him that were pretty surprising, but most of these are still less than 1% in.

I'd start worrying if he got Ohio and/or Florida, but the states that are coming in are red states he was guaranteed to win anyway. I knew he'd get Georgia, but at the same time I was surprised to see so many Democratic incumbents in other positions running completely unopposed. A small victory for me, I suppose. xP

God, if Romney wins......................I'm not American, but I am genuinely scared for you guys if he wins.

• Thumbs Up 3

O'Reilly actually just came up with a really good point (shockingly): If Obama wins this, how much of that will be because of Sandy? Or, more specifically, how much of it will be because Romney turned tail and hid before the FEMA thing even came up; whereas Obama actively got involved with disaster relief?

God, if Romney wins......................I'm not American, but I am genuinely scared for you guys if he wins.

Thanks for the concern The Eggster. I just hope that Romney doesn't win either because if he does I can truly say that we would be completely screwed with the plans that he has ready to implement.
  • Thumbs Up 2

Relax, guys, just cause somebody becomes president doesn't mean they're gonna actually do half the shit they say will.

Just look at Obama.

• Thumbs Up 3

Relax, guys, just cause somebody becomes president doesn't mean they're gonna actually do half the shit they say will.

Just look at Obama.

Just look at Obama.

• Thumbs Up 4

There's another method to watching the election and determining who won it besides the TV network.

-460.jpeg

As the Electoral votes are tallied, the columns on top of the Empire State Building will rise. Whoever wins the election will have the top of the tower reflect in that color: red for Romney, blue for Obama.

• Thumbs Up 1

Gonna get my hair fixed up for work and watch the results roll in.

I think you guys are getting antsy over nothing though. Romney has to sweep Ohio and Florida to have much of a shot. If Obama wins either of those, this election would pretty much be over.

Edited by The Arcane Arceus

Oh man, I am freaking out. i really do not want Romney to win. Please let Obama win

Granted though, I am not too involved with the whole political scene but if Romney winning is cause for "concern" towards us americans, just what is the things that Romney are planning that are so bad, if I may ask?

Wow, what the hell happened to Mike Huckabee? He was never particularly handsome, but now he looks like Little Nicky.

• Thumbs Up 1

Iraq, Afganistan and Guantanamo (and Middle Eastern policies in general) are going to hurt him bad in that regard no matter what the raw numbers are.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't want Obama to win, but I don't want Romney to win more.

Y'know, I say we put our differences beside us and vote for the one man who can fix this mess.

Batman 2012