The General American Politics Thread

turbojet

Ladies and Gentlemen... The President of the United States

OBAMA-SONIC-Harry-POTTER-2010-bacpack.jpg

Dammit thats the wrong picture!

MSNBC has called it, Romney has lost.

Edit: Obama has just taken Iowa.

• Thumbs Up 1

The FIRST thing I want to see as a result of this is Glenn Beck's and Bryan Fischer's reactions. They will make my fucking month.

Four more years!

Four more years!

Four more years!

Four more years!

Four more years!

Four more years!

Four more years!

This calls for a celebration! :D

To quote Hawk Harrelson, "You caaaannn…put it on the booooaaarrd!!

YES!"

• Thumbs Up 3

Bah, thank goodness that this ends my fears of Romney being president, but I spit on Obama and his next four years. I hope he does right, or at least does something, cause I'm through.

After a week of gaining grey hair beyond belief, I fall to the floor.

GOOD FUCKING NIGHT!

Ladies and Gentlemen... Obama has won, there is no doubt now... there is no doubt at all....

FOURMOREYEARS_20121106_231846.jpg

FOX NEWS CONFIRMS IT!

*image courtisy of Fox News*

BBC Also just confirmed it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hm... This might not actually be over yet. Ohio and Florida still seem like they are a mess.

Ohio was called already by a few people. If Obama wins some of the other states left, then they won't matter anyway.

Hm... This might not actually be over yet. Ohio and Florida still seem like they are a mess.

Romney also has to admit defeat too... anyone wanna take bets how long it takes him to do that.

Also lol at the news pictures of Romney HQ. =p

My happiness is bittersweet, as congress is going to be even more partisan now. Fuck. Obama's gotta get his hard-ass hat on.

Look on the bright side Pat, everything will get better when Ron Paul wins 2016!

Just think of it

dXLaY.jpg

He may not be Regan, but he sure as hell isn't Romney

UcszE.gif

Yo Spiky dude, I know how you must be feeling right now, but please don't do anything drastic

WEKXh.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Ohio was called already by a few people. If Obama wins some of the other states left, then they won't matter anyway.

Ohio was called with 27% left and only 30k difference in votes.

Romney must be trying to get that word count up on his losing speech. You know, the one he didn't write thanks to his overconfidence.

• Thumbs Up 1

tumblr_mb4tuo6ZLT1qewcd0o1_400.jpg

Anyway, since this is effectively Obama's last term, I wonder if he'll use that as an excuse to not concede so much to the Republican house (because they're just going to triple down on the obstructionism). He effectively has nothing to lose now, right?..... Meh, one can dream, eh? xP

Also, I'm just as happy that Elizabeth Warren won her Senate race against her opponent Scott Brown tonight.

• Thumbs Up 4

On a personal level, I'm happy. But this also means I must bunker down, as I'm sure the attitude in this household is going to be VERY bitter during the next few days and I'm going to have to put extra effort into holding my tongue. But I'd put up with more if I had to, any blow to the religious right is more then worth it.

Anyway, since this is effectively Obama's last term, I wonder if he'll use that as an excuse to not concede so much to the Republican house (because they're just going to triple down on the obstructionism). He effectively has nothing to lose now, right?..... Meh, one can dream, eh? xP

He needs to get tough on congress or literally nothing will be passed.

Ohio was called with 27% left and only 30k difference in votes.

A ton of states get called at 0%.

These news organizations base their projections on exit polls most of the time. They have an idea of turnout numbers and can make pretty good guesses depending on overall turnout

They could be wrong, but if three or four networks call it, you gotta be able to trust that.

Obama Won today

Ricky Gervais live in NYC tomorrow

All-Stars Racing on the 18th

Parents visiting for Thanksgiving

Birthday on the 28th

Yes, I believe this is a good month.

• Thumbs Up 3