Awoo.

The General American Politics Thread

turbojet

Looks like the Romney campaign is still bitching about Ohio. I say let them have it, they still lost anyway.

oJh5k.png

Like never before? So I take it Obama winning is more potentially destructive than the Revolutionary War, War of 1812, or even the Civil War? Is Obama a Decepticon in disguise, or something?

Edited by Speederino

Karl Rove has been suggesting that too. He doesn't really think Romney will win. He just thinks calling Ohio as if he already lost was premature.

It'd be wiser to leave calling it until half of those uncounted votes are counted, to my mind anyway.

OH HEY LOOK

8QXtn.gif

• Thumbs Up 9

Okay. If he took Colorado, that about wraps it up.

3483bl4.png

[/stolen idea]

Thanks for the fun and good times everyone!

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 5

Is this serious? I mean, does he speak like Napoleon all the time?

I don't know why this was so funny to me but, that was hilarious.

Romney refusing to concede at this point is just childish. There's no way for him to win at this point. Come on.

Edited by Patticus
-- Better version of that clip. :)

What will be one of the most interesting political stories over the coming 4 years is the civil war within the GOP between the Tea Party and the main Republican Party.

Maine tends to follow after Massachusetts in policy, so it doesn't surprise me that gay marriage has been legalized. Happy they did, though. We need to stop with this denying rights shit. Keep on trucking, one state at a time.

Wait, he's still not conceding? You know something's telling me he's doing this just so he can write his concedement speech at the last minute.

Edited by Johnny the Batman

One doesn't have to support Obama (I voted for Johnson) to recognize that you are wrong.

For example, Obama is an extremist? On what?

What do you guys expect in the next four years? Obama inherited a mess and made it worse. The economy certainly hasn't gotten better, the debt has inflated more under him than under any other administration, so all I ask is this: what will he do differently in his second term besides become more of an extremist than in his first? At this rate, the national debt will be at least 22 trillion by 2016. That is horrendous. What do you people see in this man?

I got a better, or at least an equally good, question: why are you so darn bitter?

I'm being serious. Don't get angry. Just answer the question.

You're just cranky, go to bed. The adults are still partying.

• Thumbs Up 2

Obama > Romney

Even if he's not perfect, he's dang better than the alternative.

What do you guys expect in the next four years? Obama inherited a mess and made it worse. The economy certainly hasn't gotten better, the debt has inflated more under him than under any other administration, so all I ask is this: what will he do differently in his second term besides become more of an extremist than in his first? At this rate, the national debt will be at least 22 trillion by 2016. That is horrendous. What do you people see in this man?

The economy isn't getting better as fast as we'd like because of GOP obstructionism in congress. They've blocked a couple of pretty major jobs bills lately, even ones they themselves proposed, and they were at fault for the debt ceiling crisis last year and will likely be again at fault for pulling the same shit next year too. I still expect him to try to reach across the aisle, but I want him to whip out his balls and use his presidential veto a bit more.

I see a man with sincere convictions and principles, who isn't a pathological liar and serial flip-flopper, a man who could do great things if only congress would stop this senseless obstructionism.

• Thumbs Up 9

Except by all accounts many of the problems under bush have gotten better under Obama.....plus their are people that like his policies and all that jazz.

You need to really understand how fanatical you are, I mean seriously.....most people have their preferences and want 'their' side to win but you are just beyond belief in most regards. You're only doing yourself a disservice really.

• Thumbs Up 6

What Pat said. The Republicans are majorly at fault for making things worse because they're vindictive assholes. Hopefully Obama might actually try to be more of a hard-ass on them.

As ironic as this sounds, I am hopeful for the future.

I believe the Republicans blocked a lot of good proposals to ruin Obama's chances; but now, there's nothing that can stop him from re-election, so they will cooperate this time, since next election will be a clean slate.

Hillary for 2016? I can see her being nominated.

You're right, Spikysprinter. We'd better make sure there isn't another republican president next term or there'll be an even bigger mess for the new democratic president after that to clean up.

Remember Clinton? Economy did pretty great with him in charge, didn't it? Oh, but he's a secret rapist killer to you. I forgot.