Awoo.

The General American Politics Thread

turbojet

By the way did anyone see this commercial during or after the election about China owning America in the future:

I was like "Oh my gawd as if" when I watched it.

A hearty "nyeh" to all of you haters. I personally think it would be very interesting to see a new secession and civil war. Like, just seeing the completely-expected yet absolute carnage and mayhem on our own soil and how we'd snatch the states back up in about a week would be a kind of a modern marvel of military prowess. And the sanctions and trials that would happen, the doubling-down, the deep-rooted resentment, the racism even more blatant than it already is. It'd be like a political Bayformers for the liberal in me.

• Thumbs Up 8

Man, the history books are gonna have a field day with these events.

Call me a war hawk, but I would love to have a second civil war happen at this point.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who actually seriously threatens secession is a traitor to the union. So in the case it ever came to pass, give everyone who want to remain a citizen a month or two to get out of the offending states, then after that whoever remains and actually wants a fight is fair game for the entire brunt force of our military: Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force and all the technology within.

I really wouldn't care if that actually happened.

Call me a war hawk, but I would love to have a second civil war happen at this point.

Really? Sounds kinda extreme. If that would actually happen I would facepalm "World's most powerful Nation United States can't even stay United". sleep.png

Apparently, if the email did exist, whoever was writing it was pretending that a male Pauline Hanson was the 'president' of Australia. Can anyone say if the email did actually exist?

Tried looking for it, and I haven't found it at all. But I have seen how viral that response was when at least a thousand Australians corrected her on how wrong she was.

You guys are bloodthirsty. =p

And I am not gonna deny it at this point. cool.png

Really? Sounds kinda extreme. If that would actually happen I would facepalm "World's most powerful Nation United States can't even stay United". sleep.png

Well considering that people in parts of the United States are threatening seccession...

It's obviously not ever gonna happen, but still the chances of it happening at all just brings two words to my mind: "Try it."

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

I guess me, the guy who can't financially leave in a realistic manner will just have to die in our imaginary civil war. Shucks.

The national guard and other relief efforts would assist the elderly, disabled, and the financially incapable of leaving and attaining good, clean shelter. In the case that even this was not an option for you, we would enshrine you in the Book of Patriots on SSMB to let the world know that this guy right here, Toby Barrett, was a true American. ;~;

• Thumbs Up 3

Alternatively, any refugees can take shelter in bleeding heart, un-godly, liberal Cleveland County in Oklahoma. I'm sure we have a few bunkers around to cover us for years.

A hearty "nyeh" to all of you haters. I personally think it would be very interesting to see a new secession and civil war. Like, just seeing the completely-expected yet absolute carnage and mayhem on our own soil and how we'd snatch the states back up in about a week would be a kind of a modern marvel of military prowess. And the sanctions and trials that would happen, the doubling-down, the deep-rooted resentment, the racism even more blatant than it already is. It'd be like a political Bayformers for the liberal in me.

You know, even as a joke this is pretty...

You know, even as a joke this is pretty...

Ah, there's been much worse jokes made in the world on much more likely happenings.

Edited by Nepenthe

I enjoy a good bit of What If? speculation, it can be rather interesting, and to be honest I would be a little surprised if there wasn't another civil war in the US before, oh, I don't know, the 2100s or something.

What are the odds that any of these petitions are actually going to amount to anything beyond being a footnote in these states' histories?

In the case that even this was not an option for you, we would enshrine you in the Book of Patriots on SSMB to let the world know that this guy right here, Toby Barrett, was a true American. ;~;

A statue would be wonderful too.<3

What are the odds that any of these petitions are actually going to amount to anything beyond being a footnote in these states' histories?

They won't even be that much. Stupid shit like this happens literally every election.

I honestly thought we were gonna go through some sort of Civil War over this election and other ideals people stand for or against.

WARNING: If you are American, what I am about to say will sound like the hottest flamebait you can ever find, so people don't be offended.

I believe the people today are more afraid of violence than in the past here in the US, because violence in the streets is something you only see on TV, you know? And before you mention crime rates, I am comparing the US to places like the Middle East, where a little murder here and there is just turkey filling.

On one hand, I believe if the US split in half, it would be better for so many people, such that the conservatives can be in their own nasty little bubble, and liberals are free to be themselves. However, I know if that were to happen, both nations' power would not equal the sole power that the US has today (which is not even as much as you would think).

If the US split, the US' enemies would gang up on each half and obliretate them. So, as much as it pains me to say it, we need each other, even those who would disown their children for stupid reasons.

Well a lot of news outlets have been saying there might be a civil war brewing in the Republican Party. Hell Herman Cain has even suggested that a newer and more Conservative party be formed.

Well a lot of news outlets have been saying there might be a civil war brewing in the Republican Party. Hell Herman Cain has even suggested that a newer and more Conservative party be formed.

Wait, so he wants to get more crazy, or less crazy? Doesn't really matter since they will be still crazy.

He wants to take the insane, Bible thumping NeoCon nutjobs that took over the Republican party and take all of them out of the Republican party.

Which considering how long their influence has been in place would leave... um... John McCain.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1

He wants to take the insane, Bible thumping NeoCon nutjobs that took over the Republican party and take all of them out of the Republican party.

Which considering how long their influence has been in place would leave... um... John McCain.

John McCain's the only sane man?...Small list.