Awoo.

The General 'Murican Politics Thread

Tornado

12 minutes ago, Josh said:

Well shit. 

The Ghost of Nixon woke up tonight.

Dana Boente, an Obama appointee, will likely take her place as acting AG.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Josh said:

Well shit. 

Remember when people were concerned about Trumps temper? Yeah it's clearly showing here

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm pretty sure a lot of the people commenting on that tweet aren't really familiar with the job description of an attorney.

Shit's been getting real and he;s barely finished his first week in office! I dread to think that Sessions is going to do if he gets confirmed as AG.

Disagree with the President in the interest of the country and you get sacked immediately? You're acting a little bit fascist-y there, Donny.

Food for thought: general procedure is that the President rarely fires people. He generally asks for resignations.

Trump, being the reality TV guy he is, is also eschewing that tradition.

He thinks he's being cool, but he's really just removing any respect and decorum the office has.

• Thumbs Up 2

Apparently this judge was going to be removed naturally in a few days anyway and replaced with Trump's appointment, but he fired her to wave his dick around. 

This just keeps the Muslim ban in the news though so, uh...I don't get what the plan is here. Spite?

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, Meta77 said:

Oh I care for other lives.

You have a terrible way of showing it.

But I've yet to see anyone being killed in the country.

Actually caring about lives, SHOULD NOT and IS NOT represented by just waiting for lives to be lost to the point you even notice things are screwed up.

People take for granted how well we have it.

If by "we" you mean you yourself and anyone else lucky enough not to get screwed over by the system.

If other people's lives mean that much why not give more of your paycheck to them? Why not give 60% to help ou5 homeless vets. Not charity's just give more?

Get off your high horse, open your eyes and realize that issues like a freaking Ban on Muslims and the many other idiotic tendencies in the present government, aren't simply going to be solved with money.

I support neither side

Your passive aggressive "neutrality" isn't really showing if you get so easily miffed by one side peacefully protesting the other as you have in the past.

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

Uhhh, Germans and their culture are mocked for that historical travesty all the time. I mean, I don't think they care much because they've taken the steps to properly reconcile those horrors, but when Reinhardt in Overwatch says "100% German Power!!!" I'm sure we've all thought "Remember the last time y'all displayed 100% German power? Dial it back a bit."

That's quite beside the point he was mkaing, though.  Yes, sure, we make the obvious jokes about Germany, and I'm sure there are many people that still probably see them for what they were in World War II.  But I don't believe that has impeded upon America's willingness to trade with or foster tourism to and from Germany.  People who supported Trump (or in the case of the person in question, people who didn't support Trump but didn't feel compelled to believe he would be this bad) may continue to be the subject of joke and ridicule even after all this is said and done, but they don't necessarily have to be ostricized from society when they show genuine remorse for their mistake.  Forgiveness, after all, is not the same as forgetfulness.

• Thumbs Up 4

So I'm not big on politics - the only reason I tune into this thread is because of how much of an apocalyptic fuckhat Trump is - so honestly, I'm struggling to find a way to articulate this. Basically it annoys me, especially now in hindsight, how much the other side brushes off criticism against Trump as some kind of "liberal agenda" or some similar kind of buzzword.

It's not just that the points against Trump were already well documented, that Trump himself was a proven, habitual and notorious liar even long before he was elected and that many of the rebuttals supporting him are proven falsehoods (if not the very same fake news that he's come to denouncing). Is it a "liberal agenda" to expect the president to have some semblance of knowledge or experience in a government job? To treat all human beings based on their activities and not their race or religion? To not waste stupid amounts of money pandering to fear when there are sections like education in dire need of funding and support? If so, why is that a bad thing to expect? I still struggle to understand the mindset that propelled Trump to power and continues to hold him there against any semblance of sanity, and all I can really come up with is "it's basically a literal cult now".

• Thumbs Up 6

I hope people know I was (mainly) joking. I just wanted a way to mention Reinhardt. Regardless, I agree that remorse should be recognized, but I'm personally saving that for when we get the GOP out of office. As I've said throughout this election, this wasn't really a hard political choice to make.

More news coming out: select staffers worked on the immigration order in secret, having signed NDAs beforehand. Most of the GOP didn't even know about it until right before it was sent out to be signed. They honestly just rammed this shit through.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

Apparently this judge was going to be removed naturally in a few days anyway and replaced with Trump's appointment, but he fired her to wave his dick around. 

This just keeps the Muslim ban in the news though so, uh...I don't get what the plan is here. Spite?

Plan? I don't think Trump is capable of making a plan. He only knows how to act impulsively. The closest thing he had to a plan was "When I'm President, people have to do what I tell them." Except he doesn't know the difference between the Presidency and a monarchy, so the result has just been incompetence.

8 hours ago, Meta77 said:

Trump's not going to get impeached.  lol people are really trying to grab at anything. Regardless if you hate or like the guy he's not going anywhere. Wish we would spend the much  energy trying to fix our own communities

Big talk from a guy supposedly trying to be neutral. Especially when you have no evidence to even support your claims. AT the very least treat the people who suggest such with supporting evidence such as Trump's record breaking fall in approval ratings, the fact that members of his own cabinet strongly disagree with idiotic policies of his; the list goes on.

Meanwhile, all you seem to do here lately is post in a stereotypical lax internet manner, trying to look cool and save face in spite of you tend to get proven wrong,

7 hours ago, Meta77 said:

he got rid of the Obamacare plan

your faulty fact checking skills, smart aleck behavior, etc.

You want to make a point, try actually working to prove it instead of just trying to tell actual efforts to get things better to cease and desist when it inconveniences you.

4 minutes ago, Blacklightning said:

So I'm not big on politics - the only reason I tune into this thread is because of how much of an apocalyptic fuckhat Trump is - so honestly, I'm struggling to find a way to articulate this. Basically it annoys me, especially now in hindsight, how much the other side brushes off criticism against Trump as some kind of "liberal agenda" or some similar kind of buzzword.

This has been a problem I've been expressing off-site for awhile now.  The right-wing media has painting opposition to Trump's administration as the nonsense of screeching liberals, when in reality, opposition is almost completely bipartisan.  It's almost touching, in fact, how the world has come together, regardless of political alignment, to express their discontent for this one man.  The conservative media benefits more from supporting Trump than actual conservatives do, and that is extremely hypocritical coming from a source that claims to be an alterntive viewpoint that honors truth above propaganda.

7 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

More news coming out: select staffers worked on the immigration order in secret, having signed NDAs beforehand. Most of the GOP didn't even know about it until right before it was sent out to be signed. They honestly just rammed this shit through.

I guess that's why you always read the fine print.

Or in this case, why you read the size 72 comic sans text in big, bold, red letters right in front of your face.

• Thumbs Up 7

39 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

I do believe it's time for Congress to show off that it is the most powerful branch, not him.

Funny story: they could technically strip Trump of much of his power over the Cabinet, or just flat out transfer the Departments to Congressional control. The Constitution calls for the President to appoint the head of any government office, but that's easily cancelled out by packing every agency with a collective executive (many independent agencies are run by boards, thus limiting the President's power). Without unchallenged control over much of the federal bureaucracy, Trump would be left severely weakened.

It'd be a "holy shit" move, but the fact is these are organizations created by statute, not the Constitution, which means Congress is within its means to do so. And it sounds like it's a good idea; the Presidency is clearly too powerful in its current state, and needs to be limited in some way, for Trump and whoever comes after him who may or may not have a similar temperament.

30 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

I hope people know I was (mainly) joking. I just wanted a way to mention Reinhardt. Regardless, I agree that remorse should be recognized, but I'm personally saving that for when we get the GOP out of office. As I've said throughout this election, this wasn't really a hard political choice to make.

So not only is he fueling a fireplace worth of stuff that could be dropped him in a hypothetical impeachment hearing, but he's also doing a fine job risking burning bridges further with his own political party. Which could easily snowball with his already opposition into an even bigger enemy looking to get him out of the White House as president for good.

...Swell.

Trump's blatant incompetence for everything, from national security to even the most basic Constitutional laws, just shows why he's such a factually horrible president.

5 minutes ago, Dark Qiviut said:

Trump's blatant incompetence for everything, from national security to even the most basic Constitutional laws, just shows why he's such a factually horrible president.

But.............................But................................But.........................................tehm sjw's, them blacks, them gays, those women, them muslims, and obamacare, and the economy!

• Thumbs Up 1

A military convoy carrying Trump flags rolled through the streets of Louisville, Kentucky on Sunday, and no one knows where the fuck it came from. A pertinent bit from the article:

Chris Rowzee, a spokeswoman for indivisibleky, a new activist organization in Louisville, said that as a retired veteran who served 28 years in the Air Force, “I can't even begin to describe how disturbed I am by this.”

While Donald Trump is president, she said, the military is supposed to be a nonpolitical organization in which servicemen and women swear an oath to the Constitution, not to any particular president.

“To show a partisan political leaning on a military vehicle is very reminiscent of Nazi Germany,” she said.

I suggest we all find a Nazi to punch.

2 hours ago, PSI Wind said:

Futurama telling the future like The Simpsons.

In fairness to Nixon, he actually had the cunning to get away with his shit without people noticing. We've seen literally every unethical and downright unconstitutional thing Trump has done so far; it baffles me that impeachment talks haven't already started.