Awoo.

The General 'Murican Politics Thread

Tornado

Speaking of guns:

Trump: 'Take the guns first, go through due process second'

Spoiler

President Trump on Wednesday voiced support for confiscating guns from certain individuals deemed to be dangerous, even if it violates due process rights.

“I like taking the guns early, like in this crazy man’s case that just took place in Florida ... to go to court would have taken a long time,” Trump said at a meeting with lawmakers on school safety and gun violence.

“Take the guns first, go through due process second,” Trump said.

Trump was responding to comments from Vice President Pence that families and local law enforcement should have more tools to report potentially dangerous individuals with weapons. 

“Allow due process so no one’s rights are trampled, but the ability to go to court, obtain an order and then collect not only the firearms but any weapons,” Pence said.

"Or, Mike, take the firearms first, and then go to court," Trump responded.

I don't expect this to last upwards of a week.

Anyone wanna bet dangerous individuals =  anyone who isn’t white and who doesn’t support him, while deranged trump gunners are “fine gentlemen”?

1 hour ago, Dizcrybe said:

Speaking of guns:

Trump: 'Take the guns first, go through due process second'

I don't expect this to last upwards of a week.

THE. FUCKING. I R O N Y!

EVERY conservative screamed and hollered about how Obama was coming for their guns in the wake of the Sandy Hook Massacre and look where we are now! If the right doesn't crucify Trump for this, I don't know whether to laugh or scream bloody murder.

You'll find that most things the Right accuses the Left of, they themselves have done, are doing, or will end up doing eventually.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, Dizcrybe said:

You'll find that most things the Right accuses the Left of, they themselves have done, are doing, or will end up doing eventually.

And, odds are, they will do it even worse.

This guy flip-flops all the time. Trump can't make up his mind on anything.

Don't get your hopes up.

It's Trump.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, he seems to agree with the last person he spoke with all the time. He's a flip-flopper to a ridiculous degree.

That being said, the fact that this is happening is hilarious. The_Donald is having a fucking meltdown right now.

Trump.EXE has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem...

Spoiler

There is none.

• Chuckle 1

You know, I keep lying to myself by saying that he's better than Hillary...

But... You know... I think about the litmus that I set, and realize that a god damned sock monkey would be better than either.

• Fist Bump 1

3 hours ago, shdowhunt60 said:

You know, I keep lying to myself by saying that he's better than Hillary...

But... You know... I think about the litmus that I set, and realize that a god damned sock monkey would be better than either.

Hey, at least Hillary gave a crap about knowing everything she could about situations before mouthing off, etc. She knows diplomacy, she knows the importance of soft power, she knows Washington and how to play its games to get what she wants, she's well aware of how to deal with world leaders, she even tried to bring us universal healthcare. 

She might be a bit shady on the Wall St front, and she's certainly not a saint, but most of her bad rep comes from decades of GOP propaganda.

Her presidency wouldn't be very pretty though - a continuation of Obama's, midterms going red yet again, blah blah blah. Trump better deliver a blue wave...

• Thumbs Up 3

To put it simply, she actually knows how to do the politics thing.

• Thumbs Up 2

Wow, I cannot believe the things that have happened because of the Parkland teens' bravery. I have seen more things happen in reaction to Parkland than I have in any mass shooting the past 20 years. Case in point, here's what Dick's Sporting Goods did:

28378187_1013474648804109_5927466216679517811_n.thumb.jpg.5689128c37df75a5a9e859dfba3ad353.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, Patticus said:

Hey, at least Hillary gave a crap about knowing everything she could about situations before mouthing off, etc. She knows diplomacy, she knows the importance of soft power, she knows Washington and how to play its games to get what she wants, she's well aware of how to deal with world leaders, she even tried to bring us universal healthcare. 

She might be a bit shady on the Wall St front, and she's certainly not a saint, but most of her bad rep comes from decades of GOP propaganda.

Her presidency wouldn't be very pretty though - a continuation of Obama's, midterms going red yet again, blah blah blah. Trump better deliver a blue wave...

I'm not giving her an inch or a mile. She's been involved with some truly sketch shit, there's a reason why she managed to lose a fixed election.

Trump for all his batshittery, and for all his inconsistency, still has some merit. The economy is better under him, and Christ... It's nice to have a president that isn't literally bowing before Saudi princes. It helps that he's making the people I don't like mad, but now I'm not sure what to feel now that I'm mad.

I just completely fail to see what good Hillary would've done. She's like a real life equivalent of the Administrator from Team Fortress 2. I mean, Christ almighty, she was seeking war with Russia for fuck's sake. And have you been following her post-election? She's been absolutely deranged. She takes no accountability for how she lost the election, and continues to blame everything on Russia. Like the fact that she was caught rigging the DNC didn't happen.

I mean, let's been real here, we would've been fucked either way. Neither are particularly principled, and both do whatever is politically expedient and turn with the lunar cycle. It's that when I look at what either of their agenda's and which one has the institutionalized power to really do some damage... A Hillary presidency still terrifies me far more. Trump is infuriating, but Hillary scares me.

• Promotion 1

20 minutes ago, shdowhunt60 said:

It's nice to have a president that isn't literally bowing before Saudi princes.

Yeah, instead he's bowing before Russian diplomats.

21 minutes ago, shdowhunt60 said:

It helps that he's making the people I don't like mad, but now I'm not sure what to feel now that I'm mad.

that feel when triggering the libs just isn't enough anymore

21 minutes ago, shdowhunt60 said:

I just completely fail to see what good Hillary would've done. She's like a real life equivalent of the Administrator from Team Fortress 2. I mean, Christ almighty, she was seeking war with Russia for fuck's sake.

[citation needed]

Also how bout them threats Trump was making to North Korea over Twitter?

25 minutes ago, shdowhunt60 said:

She takes no accountability for how she lost the election, and continues to blame everything on Russia

Meanwhile continues to deny Russia's involvement in getting Trump elected despite the mountains of evidence suggesting otherwise.

22 minutes ago, shdowhunt60 said:

And have you been following her post-election? She's been absolutely deranged.

What is with you people's obsession with this fucking woman? She has all but fucked politics since the elections yet y'all still cling to her whenever someone criticizes Trump. Can't y'all think of a new delfection or something? This shit's getting old.

• Thumbs Up 5

6 hours ago, shdowhunt60 said:

Trump for all his batshittery, and for all his inconsistency, still has some merit. The economy is better under him

You mean he’s taking credit for the result of Obama’s term. 

6 hours ago, shdowhunt60 said:

A Hillary presidency still terrifies me far more. Trump is infuriating, but Hillary scares me

How is more of the same worse/scarier than actually fucking over many of the communities within America, disrespecting Americans and well respected figures, blatant bias’s ranging from racist to sexist, the precedent and fire he burns in a side of the country we’d rather not wanna see with a voice as loud as they seem to have now, and reversing policies enacted by the previous guy that actually helped more than harmed? If trump and what he intended/has done doesn’t scare you but a hypothetical Hilary presidency does, I’m dumbfounded.(looking at both of their “agendas” only furthers my bafflement to your comment here tbh, did you see his campaign race and what it was built on alone?)

I mean I said this before a while back, but as a gay black man, why should I see Hilary as a scarier threat to me and the groups I associate myself with vs trump and his corrupted administration full of racists and people that openly want me to have less rights and see me as a threat because of my skin color? And even if you’re white, straight, privileged, etc. there are many reasons Trump in office is a bigger concern and fear than a hypothetical scenario that has no proof to be as bad or worse than what’s going on now.

• Thumbs Up 1

@shdowhunt60 I can’t tell if you’re trying to convince us, or convince yourself that what you said is the truth.

Seriously, every bloody time I see someone claim that Hillary is worse than Trump, how “EEEEVIL Killary Clinton is and how she deserves to be locked up” with only questionable evidence or outright lies being cited as proof, it makes me think more and more that you just don’t want to admit that you got suckered into voting for a narcissistic con artist who’s essentially sold his soul to the Russian Devil Putin, AND who’s arguably worse in every aspect compared to ANYTHING the Clintons could ever do that this point. So instead of admitting as such, you keep on throwing around falsehoods and hoping the Clintons will slip up somehow, JUST so you can point fingers and claim how much better you are by comparison and avoid any meaningful insight about what a complete witless PAWN you really are to your beloved Trump and the wannabe dictator GOP party.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

9 hours ago, shdowhunt60 said:

there's a reason why she managed to lose a fixed election.

Maybe that's because it wasn't fixed, although Russia did conduct an alarmingly successful misinformation & propaganda campaign.

Trump for all his batshittery, and for all his inconsistency, still has some merit. The economy is better under him...

The economy is better under Trump because it has been improving steadily for years, thanks in large part to the Obama administration's efforts, and despite all of the GOP's ongoing efforts to undermine Obama at all costs. This isn't something that can credibly be laid in Trump's lap, just the same as the economic woes of '09 couldn't be laid in Obama's lap, because the impacts of economic policies are long-term and felt years down the road. Trump's economy began only in the last couple of months, but even then it's still riding Obama's wave. We won't start feeling the Trump Effect until closer to the next general election.

...and Christ... It's nice to have a president that isn't literally bowing before Saudi princes.

You mean like this?

I just completely fail to see what good Hillary would've done.

• Ordered the CIA & NSA to conduct operations against Russia for their interference in the election.
  • Imposed the near-unanimously Congressionally-approved sanctions on Russia.
  • Not threatened nuclear war with anybody.
  • Not hired unqualified people with clear conflicts of interest to lead departments that they clearly have no interest in running properly.
  • Not stripped the State Department to the bone.
  • Gave a damn about the environment instead of corporate profit margins.
  • Provided meaningful aid to Puerto Rico and not allowed it to suffer near so long as it has.
  • Not started a new Gilded Age with that damnable tax reform bill.
  • Kept the country in the Paris Climate Accords.
  • Kept the country in the TPP.
  • Perhaps she might have brought about retraining & economic revitalization schemes for the Rust Belt, too. She knows coal mining ain't coming back, and that it's pointless to go against the free market on this one.

I mean, Christ almighty, she was seeking war with Russia for fuck's sake.

Perhaps she was... uncomfortable with Russia riding roughshod over the west in Syria. Now there are private mercenary groups run by a Russian oligarch fighting in the region - a large number of whom were apparently mowed down, possibly by US fire, in recent weeks.

She wanted a No Fly Zone imposed. Russia didn't. More than likely the impasse would've resulted in talks of some kind. Clinton is more than smart enough to not drag the country into Nuclear Armageddon.

And have you been following her post-election? She's been absolutely deranged. She takes no accountability for how she lost the election, and continues to blame everything on Russia. Like the fact that she was caught rigging the DNC didn't happen.

1. As one of the two primary candidates, representing the values and world views of more Americans than voted for Trump, she is entitled to have her say, and to air her views.
  2. Several factors resulted in her loss - decades of Republican propaganda, Russia's campaign of division and misinformation, and, most importantly, the Comey letter. Whether she believes that or not is frankly immaterial, whether she holds herself accountable doesn't matter any more, because she lost and is a private citizen.
  3. The DNC stuff was pretty shady, and needs to be ended well before further Russian, Chinese etc hacks discredit it again.

I mean, let's been real here, we would've been fucked either way.

Hillary would've made sure we were much less fucked, by standing up to Russia, not initiating a trade war with China, etc.

Neither are particularly principled, and both do whatever is politically expedient and turn with the lunar cycle.

You say this as if they are the only two opportunistic politicians in the country.

It's that when I look at what either of their agenda's and which one has the institutionalized power to really do some damage...

I don't understand why you hold this view. What would she have damaged, really? I can't think of anything.

• Thumbs Up 5

So remember trump shitting on the NRA? Well apparently the NRA posted that they had gotten together recently and trump was in agreement with them and in total support of no gun control....which makes no sense to what trumps words and actions from earlier.

Also speaking of guns, people are pretty angry at Dicks sporting goods raising the age range on getting guns as well as certain restrictions being made. It’s gotten to the point where I’ve seen people draw up false equivalences to what they’re doing, and their business, which is on government ground, not religious, and is public, not exclusive to those of their faith mind you, not being legally allowed to deny gay people a service like baking a cake because that’s infrinfing on their religious rights apparently.

2 hours ago, KHCast said:

So remember trump shitting on the NRA? Well apparently the NRA posted that they had gotten together recently and trump was in agreement with them and in total support of no gun control....which makes no sense to what trumps words and actions from earlier.

Trump's "opinions" on virtually every subject belong to the last person he spoke to. He's the human equivalent of the eyedropper tool in MS Paint.

Speaking of the NRA, though:

It sure does look like they're involved with matters that will greatly interest Robert Mueller's investigation.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, KHCast said:

I don't know what you were expecting.

I know nearly 90% hate trump more than Satan on a Sunday and think Hillary was a saint but after awhile it seems funny.  the women is far from that. Poor guy kicked a hornets nest ha.

Also as a blk guy myself I see many say we're losing rights and are fearful. Of what. We have just as rights as ever?

1 hour ago, Meta77 said:

I know nearly 90% of the right hate hillary more than Satan on a Sunday and think trump is a saint but after awhile it seems funny.  the men is far from that.

fix'd (well, mostly)

1 hour ago, Meta77 said:

Also as a blk guy myself I see many say we're losing rights and are fearful. Of what. We have just as rights as ever?

As another black guy, allow me to point to the disproportionate police brutality and arrests we face compared to whites.

Speaking of which, and, since guns are a hot topic now (again), ask Philando Castile's if the police thought he had the right to bear arms. And while you're at it, ask the NRA why they were completely silent about the whole thing.

40 minutes ago, Dizcrybe said:

fix'd (well, mostly)

As another black guy, allow me to point to the disproportionate police brutality and arrests we face compared to whites.

Speaking of which, and, since guns are a hot topic now (again), ask Philando Castile's if the police thought he had the right to bear arms. And while you're at it, ask the NRA why they were completely silent about the whole thing.

I do admit we do get pulled over a lot more but I would not blame that on trump as much as much as just ignorant people comfortable in positions that they got away with not being touched for a long time