Awoo.

The General 'Murican Politics Thread

Tornado

Trump calls us thugs, and wants a police state, supports search and frisking, something proportionally used against blacks, and also has a administrative team full of people with racial biases, and supports many gop members that are straight up racist. The guy pardoned a racist sheriff. He’s also silent on black issues, unless it’s a black athlete using their rights to speak up about injustices or their shit president. He called the white supremisists that marched “Good people” and blamed both sides equally.

On top of all that there’s the incarceration rate of blacks being disproportionately higher than any other race, with us getting longer sentences for the same crime a white man may do, and if you think that’s not institutional racism and we simply are more crime driven, lol.

Seriously there are more blacks like us tired of how things are, than ones like you that don’t seem to see the problems.

• Thumbs Up 6

3 hours ago, KHCast said:

Trump calls us thugs, and wants a police state, supports search and frisking, something proportionally used against blacks, and also has a administrative team full of people with racial biases, and supports many gop members that are straight up racist. The guy pardoned a racist sheriff. He’s also silent on black issues, unless it’s a black athlete using their rights to speak up about injustices or their shit president. He called the white supremisists that marched “Good people” and blamed both sides equally.

On top of all that there’s the incarceration rate of blacks being disproportionately higher than any other race, with us getting longer sentences for the same crime a white man may do, and if you think that’s not institutional racism and we simply are more crime driven, lol.

Seriously there are more blacks like us tired of how things are, than ones like you that don’t seem to see the problems.

Not so much don't see it as not to such a high level. Granted it's not perfect I'm way more thankful we don't live through the hells my parents and grandparents went through to take it for granted how much as improved . It's literally night and day

3 hours ago, KHCast said:

This I doubt. I'm from the south and unless they are under 22 and on fb  I don't see that much outrage.

Not saying it's not bad but could just be depend on the location

“We’re not getting lynched” isn’t a combatant against poc’s issues.

13 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

This I doubt. I'm from the south and unless they are under 22 I don't see that much outrage.

Probably cause you’re in the south and many are quietly expressing anger and resistance? I mean look at when Dems raise their voices in those states, large percentages of voters are black. Roy Moore lost because of black women 

you may as well go “I don’t see gays in the south complaining in mobs, so clearly most gays don’t have a big issue with how thins are going”

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

10 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

This I doubt. I'm from the south and unless they are under 22 and on fb  I don't see that much outrage.

Not saying it's not bad but could just be depend on the location

Excuse me?

I’m from the south, too. So what the hell is that suppose to mean? You not seeing outrage on a fraction of a social media site doesn’t mean there aren’t many people outraged at certain injustices going on as you claim.

And that narrow benchmark you established really says a lot about what you’re actually paying attention to—you don’t take a small sample of what you’ve seen to paint the entire issue as a whole.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

“We’re not getting lynched” isn’t a combatant against poc’s issues.

Probably cause you’re in the south and many are quietly expressing anger and resistance? I mean look at when Dems raise their voices in those states, large percentages of voters are black. Roy Moore lost because of black women 

you may as well go “I don’t see gays in the south complaining in mobs, so clearly most gays don’t have a big issue with how thins are going”

Haha I have no idea on that one I do have several gay friends. Though usually or conversations amount to me and the others making them mad with threats of coming into their house , eating their cookies and leaving a crumb trail out of the door. Bit off topic on that piece but just funny bit we go through.

1 hour ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

Excuse me?

I’m from the south, too. So what the hell is that suppose to mean? You not seeing outrage on a fraction of a social media site doesn’t mean there aren’t many people outraged at certain injustices going on as you claim.

And that narrow benchmark you established really says a lot about what you’re actually paying attention to—you don’t take a small sample of what you’ve seen to paint the entire issue as a whole.

Im from the south stems from being from the bible belt where if anyone is going to see racism a lot more its probably me here. I mean my typical day is sitting at a red light next to a large truck with giant confederate flags flying on the back.

Its not a narrow benchmark. Maybe you see it more than me. I can not say. But to try and paint the image most blacks are mad and fuming is just far from the truth. Most are either ocntempt or do not care. Not saying you can not be mad. No if you face injustice than by all means fight it. Just do not have the mindset we all as blacks wake up every morning looking for ways to be mad. Me myself would rather look for a way into the politcal field if i wanted to make a change.

15 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Im from the south stems from being from the bible belt where if anyone is going to see racism a lot more its probably me here. I mean my typical day is sitting at a red light next to a large truck with giant confederate flags flying on the back

You mean the same south that I live in? Small world, huh?

15 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Its not a narrow benchmark. Maybe you see it more than me. I can not say. But to try and paint the image most blacks are mad and fuming is just far from the truth. Most are either ocntempt or do not care.

Based on what statistic? Because you simply seeing less of it where you are isn’t an actual figure—you are one of millions of people in the South, so how in the world do you know how little these issues are if you’re just going about what you see in your local area and not the whole region?

Nevermind that you’re making a complete strawman of what people here are actually telling you.

4 minutes ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

You mean the same south that I live in? Small world, huh?

Based on what statistic? Because you simply seeing less of it where you are isn’t an actual figure. Nevermind that you’re making a complete strawman of what people here are actually telling you.

well if i ever see you at a convention ill treat you to a drink then.

1 minute ago, Meta77 said:

well if i ever see you at a convention ill treat you to a drink then.

I’d say thanks, but I sincerely doubt you will see me.

42 minutes ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

I’d say thanks, but I sincerely doubt you will see me.

Depends im in Bama and frequent cons along the bottom here. But off topic just saying im usually doing charity walks at things like dragon con again off topic.

something on topic i find amusing

Trump and his take on violent video games. Granted they can i think desenseatize people if exposed for long periods but they dont make you violent.

26 minutes ago, KHCast said:

lots of blacks within southern states do vocally express anger just sayin

Welp guess i need to get out more to see more of my people than ha ^.^;

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/02/us/west-virginia-teacher-strike.html

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/the-new-old-politics-of-the-west-virginia-teachers-strike

Every teacher in all 55 West Virginian counties went on strike on February 22 and haven't blinked. Their goals include a better wage, improvement of the school system, and improvement of livelihood where they live. Even though a deal was set, the strike continues.

The massive scope of the strike caught attention from the NYT, New Yorker, CNN, and the Washington Post. MSNBC? Other than a two-minute morning segment, not a peep. Not from Maddow or Hayes. MSNBC is the leading liberal network, but continues its handwave of humanitarian crises, both nationally and abroad.

MSNBC is less "the leading liberal network" and more "the one with most liberal bias that isn't indie and net-based".

Yesterday, Texas ran primaries, and the Democratic party had some big results, particularly Justice Democrats.

The one with the most attention is Laura Moser, a progressive who was recently hit with a smear campaign by the Democratic Party's neoliberal, corporate wing, the DCCC. Moser picked up 24% of the vote, while Fletcher (a pro-corporate lawyer endorsed by both the DCCC and Emily's List) won about 29%. The Nation and Vox argue their smear campaign backfired by putting Moser in the limelight and resulting in grassroots progressive initiatives endorsing her. Our Revolution endorsed Moser late in the running, and Moser racked up $60,000 in donations over the weekend.

Nico LaHood, a far-right, Islamophobic, pro-death-penalty DA from San Antonio got his racist ass handed to him. Joe Gonzalez, who beat him, is the new favorite to replace him.

Beto O'Rourke overwhelmingly won the Democratic primary for U.S. Senate. Sema Hernandez, a progressive who entered the race late and despite having only $4,000 in campaign money, came in second at 23.7%.

And a dark horse:

Judge Frizell down only 516 votes. Sh's in the Dallas DA race to reform criminal justice.

In the Waco Republican DA primary, incumbent Abel Reyna loses to Barry Johnson. There's no Democrat currently running.

• Thumbs Up 2

22 hours ago, Dark Qiviut said:

Yesterday, Texas ran primaries, and the Democratic party had some big results, particularly Justice Democrats.

The one with the most attention is Laura Moser, a progressive who was recently hit with a smear campaign by the Democratic Party's neoliberal, corporate wing, the DCCC. Moser picked up 24% of the vote, while Fletcher (a pro-corporate lawyer endorsed by both the DCCC and Emily's List) won about 29%. The Nation and Vox argue their smear campaign backfired by putting Moser in the limelight and resulting in grassroots progressive initiatives endorsing her. Our Revolution endorsed Moser late in the running, and Moser racked up $60,000 in donations over the weekend.

Nico LaHood, a far-right, Islamophobic, pro-death-penalty DA from San Antonio got his racist ass handed to him. Joe Gonzalez, who beat him, is the new favorite to replace him.

Beto O'Rourke overwhelmingly won the Democratic primary for U.S. Senate. Sema Hernandez, a progressive who entered the race late and despite having only $4,000 in campaign money, came in second at 23.7%.

And a dark horse:

Judge Frizell down only 516 votes. Sh's in the Dallas DA race to reform criminal justice.

In the Waco Republican DA primary, incumbent Abel Reyna loses to Barry Johnson. There's no Democrat currently running.

That is great that pro corporate democrats are finally getting taken out but one question, what does DA stand for? District Attorney? I have no freaking idea!

12 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Alex Clark on Gun safety: 

I never knew cats could be so dangerous. I mean look at this cat here.

Screenshot_2018-03-08-15-39-22.png

4 hours ago, TailsTellsTales said:

but one question, what does DA stand for? District Attorney? I have no freaking idea!

"DA" stands for District Attorney.

• Thumbs Up 1

How come the homeless are always ignored by politicians and the fact that there are purposely designed antihomeless benches and other architecture to keep homeless from sleeping on them such as these.

download-18.jpg

2528899062_6f20925f16_b.jpg

3049178-poster-p-1-anti-homeless-spikes-

140612_EYE_12.jpg.CROP.original-original

blog511_phpics.jpg?w=450&h=338

Also that is done by both sides too. In my town they have laws that ban acts of homelessness effectively making homelessness illegal.

16 minutes ago, TailsTellsTales said:

Reveal hidden contents

download-18.jpg

Also that is done by both sides too. In my town they have laws that ban acts of homelessness effectively making homelessness illegal.

... since when did people decide to take spike placement lessons from video games?

31 minutes ago, TailsTellsTales said:

How come the homeless are always ignored by politicians and the fact that there are purposely designed antihomeless benches and other architecture to keep homeless from sleeping on them such as these.

Reveal hidden contents

download-18.jpg

Because taking care of the homeless problem is like a lot of things in this country, it's a big internal issue that no one wants to touch with a ten foot pole. It's been left to fester and grow because no one really wants to do anything about it. It would take cooperation to do anything about it and everyone would rather fight over which political party is "better and cooler" since that's easy, so don't expect anything to happen. It's like the question of gun control. 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, TailsTellsTales said:

Reveal hidden contents

download-18.jpg

Really? That's your exhibit A for your claim that politicians don't care about homeless people? That's the best you could come up with?

I didn't know that armrests were originally invented to prevent the homeless from invading park benches. Learn something new.