Awoo.

The General 'Murican Politics Thread

Tornado

It's based on Trump bringing up Russia rejoining G7 multiple times during the conference and stonewalling the rest of the leaders most of the time they tried to broach other subjects (that is, before he just left before the summit was actually over).

I have to say, it’s awfully convenient that Trump denied any association with Russia over potentially interfering with the election, possibly being in their pocket, and attempting to obstruct investigation into the subject, only to stick up for them in the G7 against long-standing allies.

A prime example of not helping your case, and adding suspicion.

8 minutes ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

I have to say, it’s awfully convenient that Trump denied any association with Russia over potentially interfering with the election, possibly being in their pocket, and attempting to obstruct investigation into the subject, only to stick up for them in the G7 against long-standing allies.

A prime example of not helping your case, and adding suspicion.

With his potential dementia, chronic inability to say anything truthful, and extreme narcissism, I'd be surprised if the man even remembers half of his own lies outside of the ones he believes.

Is he even aware that Russia was booted from the G7 because they unlawfully annexed Crimea, actively supports illegitimate rebellions in Ukraine and were basically responsible for Ukranian rebels shooting down a fucking passenger jet? I have a feeling he doesn't.

He does.

He just shifts that burden on the Obama Administration and says it’s not his problem.

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2018/6/13/1771703/--It-s-happening-to-everybody-California-family-in-shock-after-ICE-arrests-dad-with-legal-status?detail

Fuck. If any of you guys aren’t full citizens or know anyone who isn’t a full citizen, make sure you do everything you can to protect yourself and let them know to protect themselves. This is Gestapo levels of shit.

Also:

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2018/6/13/1771796/-This-tour-of-a-child-prison-for-boys-torn-from-their-immigrant-parents-is-breathtakingly-horrifying?

I sure wish so many of the responses to Trump's bungling of the offer to North Korea to suspend joint exercises with South Korea didn't sound so much like pro-Bush Administration talking points.

32 minutes ago, Tornado said:

I sure wish so many of the responses to Trump's bungling of the offer to North Korea to suspend joint exercises with South Korea didn't sound so much like pro-Bush Administration talking points.

Oh great, what did Trump do this time?

EDIT: Misread that, what do you mean exactly? haven't checked recent Trump related news.

When he did the summit thing with Kim Jong-Un he pledged to stop joint military exercises with South Korea indefinitely and immediately, pending North Korea continuing to play ball. He didn't warn South Korea he was going to make that concession, but even on top of that didn't warn the Pentagon.

However, the response I've seen so far hasn't always been focused on the fact that Trump once again made a foreign policy change without actually consulting anyone. Instead I've seen a distressing amount of focus on the idea that it is a prelude to leaving the region entirely and screwing South Korea over, as if a direct US military presence is the only thing keeping North Korea from sending China a text saying "let's invade now, k?" That's a decent bit too close to Team America for my liking.

I'm starting to wonder if taking the consulate system from the Roman Republic might actually be an idea with merit at this point. Two co-presidents who have to be from different parties having to both approval of all presidential decisions.

Oh, right, with all the hyper-partisanship these days nothing would get done, nevermind.

6 minutes ago, Candescence said:

I'm starting to wonder if taking the consulate system from the Roman Republic might actually be an idea with merit at this point. Two co-presidents who have to be from different parties having to both approval of all presidential decisions.

Oh, right, with all the hyper-partisanship these days nothing would get done, nevermind.

That would essentially be a even more extreme version of Obama’s presidency though wouldn’t it considering that’s essentially what happened with him as he couldn’t get shit done due to the gop being in control of one of the chambers essentially null and voiding most of his decisions or slowing them down to ineffective levels?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-06-19/trump-is-said-ready-to-pull-u-s-from-un-s-human-rights-council

Oh this will end lovely I’m sure. Not surprised honestly when we’ve been heading the route of isolationist with this administration, so pulling out or attempting to pull out of many of these groups was a given.

https://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/despite-opposition-over-half-of-gop-voters-back-separations-poll-1258961475784?playlist=associated&v=a&cid=sm_npd_ms_fb_ma

considering what I’ve seen gop voter poles vote in favor of in the past, this also doesn’t shock me. At least most of the country is against it

I’ve seen many of these argument examples pulled just over the day. Smh the fact we’re even needing this debate over families getting separated in mass is just giving me the worst stomach knots. “It’s not that simple” okay so fucking stop getting in the way of people working to stop this problem with needless arguing against every attempt because of their political allegiance???

E46E8F35-E35D-43D3-9038-ABC3AE7A876D.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Culture/peter-fonda-apologizes-highly-inappropriate-vulgar-tweet-barron/story?id=56058267

I'm not a Trump supporter, but I feel people attack him for too quickly like with the MS-13 comment.

Now I do have disagree about how he stated the people leaving the country in that their home country can be dangerous to stay in.

Well his rhetoric, certain policies, lack of political savvy (and in some cases sheer common sense like the wall that Mexico is gonna pay for lol), arbitrariness, and racists within his voter base really, really doesn’t help his case.

In more ways than one, he brings it on himself. Like, most of this stuff you could barely, if ever, even say about the last Republican president—the fact that he makes Bush look sensible in hindsight says al lot. That, and him being a lot more blatantly hypocritical makes his problems stand out even more than any other president, Democratic or Republican.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

Well his rhetoric, certain policies, lack of political savvy (and in some cases sheer common sense like the wall that Mexico is gonna pay for lol), arbitrariness, and racists within his voter base really, really doesn’t help his case.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't support his conduct whatsoever and some of the backlash he does receive is often well-deserved. It's just that it seems that people often use it to jump the gun and not true to at least do a little more research to verify what's being said.

12 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't support his conduct whatsoever and some of the backlash he does receive is often well-deserved. It's just that it seems that people often use it to jump the gun and not true to at least do a little more research to verify what's being said.

To me that's politics these days. Not researching and letting  feelings drive what makes you do or say stuff. I've seen some friends go on tiraids anytime trumps mouth starts to move.

• Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

To me that's politics these days. Not researching and letting  feelings drive what makes you do or say stuff. I've seen some friends go on tiraids anytime trumps mouth starts to move.

I mean like one of my roommates said who's trump supporter, the guy has the tendency to say stupid things.

http://greater-than-the-sword.tumblr.com/post/175146032405/bravadopinfire-rightsmarts-time-magazine-had

>post a fact check site explaining how it’s a myth that the policy of separating children was created and enacted under obama

>told “stop using liberal biased sources” and to instead use “.gov” sources

>it’s a neutral fact checking site

>also ask them to provide a .gov source then debunking this site 

>have heard nothing back from them

Seems legit

Edit: 

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2018/jun/22/photo-showing-melania-trump-wearing-jacket-saying-/

Small in the grand scheme of things, but stil...wtf? 

I’m wondering if even the GOP controlled Congress would allow that.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Blacklightning said:

>says we need a space force

>defunds NASA

lmao okay then

NASA doesn't rain down nuclear annihilation from space upon Don Trump's enemies.

That, Or they didn't let him go to space at one point in his life and he's bitching about it and taking petty revenge.