Awoo.

The General 'Murican Politics Thread

Tornado

They also blocked Trump trying to end DACA.

So much for that promise of his.

I'm not sure where to put this and it seems more notable than to just dump in a status update, but Microsoft has put a hard ban on user created content that includes "Notorious Iconography."

Now this is obviously directly targeted at the Confederate Flag to prevent it being put on General Lee replicas to go alone with the Swastikas and Schutzstaffel insignias and other various Nazi things that were of course always on that list, I found it of particular interest that the Imperial Japanese Navy flag is also included on the list. I may very well be mistaken, but I think this is the first time that anyone major in the West has actually shown to give a fuck in the past 70 years about the depiction of that flag as it pertains to what it represents to the entirety of Asia that is not Japan.

No wonder they can’t get their Xbox platform into the Japanese market, huh? :P 

Welp, Trump's new campaign logo is basically the Nazi logo with an American Flag taking place of the Swatstika:

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/7/1/1957644/-This-New-Logo-for-the-Trump-2020-Campaign-is-out-Please-see-what-inspired-it

Feel free to mentally put "White" in front of the "America First" bit below mentally, because that's basically what he's tooting through this dog bullhorn right now.

That’s awesome!

Now how the hell is that going to deal with the Coronavirus, Mr. President? You know, the thing that killed more people than the Vietnam War that you dodged the draft for? 

On 7/1/2020 at 9:15 PM, SenEDDtor Missile said:

Welp, Trump's new campaign logo is basically the Nazi logo with an American Flag taking place of the Swatstika:

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/7/1/1957644/-This-New-Logo-for-the-Trump-2020-Campaign-is-out-Please-see-what-inspired-it

Feel free to mentally put "White" in front of the "America First" bit below mentally, because that's basically what he's tooting through this dog bullhorn right now.

Regardless of the arguments I’ve seen about how “the actual inspiration predates the nazi ideology”, it’s affiliation is now a thing as we don’t live in a vacuum. Trump should have researched, as /many/ will see this as that. That again though, implies it wasn’t intentionally done to poke a stick at “the libs”

106200606_10163742173420641_822321407653

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Unmarked rental vehicles containing armed government employees with no identifying marks (believed to be from the CPB and other agencies, acting under the direction of Homeland Security) are pulling citizens off the street in Portland, for the high crime of criticizing the government, and are taking them to undisclosed locations.

https://abovethelaw.com/2020/07/sorry-to-interrupt-your-friday-but-homeland-security-is-disappearing-american-citizens-off-the-street/

I would expect to see these tactics rolled out over many other cities experiencing unrest over the coming weeks.

Portland is Trump testing the waters for the insane, tyrannical overreach the GOP has been harping on about Obama being guilty of. Turns out, yet again, that that was more projection.

What's that about false cries of boogeymen?

want to say this sounds hard to believe, even from Trump.

Then again, no one expected him to almost start WWIII with attacking an Iranian General...

Look, if there's one thing 2020 is proving, it's that the unbelievable is totally possible.

One of the leading voices in speaking out against the powerful is Michael Brooks. Host of the show bearing his name and working alongside with Sam Seder of The Majority Report, he's excellent at dissecting right-wing imperialism that pollutes our government. He knew how to challenge right-wing ideas with succinct passion while not leaving his kindness behind.

Tonight, devastating news: Michael Brooks suddenly passed away.

RIP, Michael. :(

Not trying to be insensitive, but I’ve never heard of this guy until now.

Still, RIP.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the biggest dark horses of the House Democratic primary elections is Missouri's 1st Congressional District. William "Lacy" Clay succeeded his father, Bill, twenty years ago, who retired in 2001 after thirty-two years. Two years ago, a Black Lives Matter protester and activist from Ferguson, Cori Bush, challenged Clay with help from Justice Democrats, a progressive organization that primaries corporate, conservative Democrats in favor of progressive ones and the ones who helped Ilhan Omar, AOC, and Rashida Tlaib win Congressional seats. As the first JD, she got 37% of the vote last cycle, losing in a blowout.

She returned to primary Clay again, but the Justice Democrats only went after a select few seats, all safe Democrats, rather than bulldoze and hope for the best. Unlike last cycle, Cori Bush was able to fundraise better, have the insurgent Sunrise Movement and DSA in her corner, was on TV a lot more, and had an outside group run by Bernie Sanders's former campaign manager, Faiz Shakir, airing commercials attacking Clay for working against the Obama administration and helping Trump to allow predatory Wall Street firms to steal money from retirees.

Signs pointed at Clay possibly being upset in the primaries, and Bernie Sanders and congressman-elect Jamaal Bowman endorsed her. However, the current Squad in the House did not get involved, even though AOC endorsed Bush two years ago.

Well, an earthquake hit St. Louis tonight! Cori Bush knocks out the Clay dynasty! :D 

The Clay family has represented Missouri's 1st District for over fifty-one years. Bill Clay long retired, but Lacy carried on his father's name. It would be an enormous upset if Cori Bush won. Mission accomplished, and now a leader of the Black Lives Matter movement both in Ferguson and nationwide has representation in Washington.

I couldn't be any happier to see one of the best activists and people in the BLM movement now in Congress. :D

• Thumbs Up 1

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/8/7/1967582/-Friday-Night-Massacre-at-USPS-Trump-ally-completely-restructures-gets-rid-of-23-exec

This is scary; Trump's basically blatantly sabotaging Vote by Mail at this point.

Whatever you guys do, wherever you are, do whatever you can to get your vote in.

Stick the ballot in a drop box, vote in person if you must, VOTE EARLY.

Also on a side note, Kanye West's campaign is being aided by Republicans, meaning that he's little more than a puppet for the GOP to attempt to take away votes for Biden:

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/8/5/1966861/-Who-s-boosting-Kanye-West-s-bizarre-invisible-campaign-A-group-of-Republican-operatives-of-course

• Promotion 1

There is no structural mechanism in place to prevent a complicit President, DoJ and Senate from seizing power.

Now we find ourselves in the middle of an out-of-control pandemic, because Kushner saw what it was doing to blue states and enjoyed the death toll so much he refused to roll out a national testing program (a crime against humanity if ever there was one). A situation where mail-in voting will be a necessity. And they are openly destroying the only service people are going to be relying on to vote.

The is the electoral theft they "warned" us about (read: projected, as usual).

They are this close to their end goal. If they achieve it, armed insurrection will be the only way to undo it. There won't be another free election without it.

"U.S. Postal Service chief warns of 'dire' finances, adopts manager hiring freeze"

- The USPS is not a for-profit business, and was never meant to be. Nevertheless, it is one of the few federal agencies that has managed to turn a profit in the past.

- Thanks to the Republican Party during George W. Bush's second term, the USPS is the only federal agency that has to pay pensions 70 years out. Were it not for this intentional act of sabotage, which allows the conservative media to attack it for being unprofitable, the agency would turn a profit tomorrow, and every day thereafter.

Republicans typically view profitable things as needing to be privatized, so they can get involved and suck up the profits themselves. They are sabotaging the USPS to drive public opinion against the agency, allowing them to privatize it without much complaint, which will have drastic impacts on minorities, rural communities, etc, but right now the primary goal is voter suppression and electoral fraud on a scale hitherto undreamt.

BVKWPSr.png

Kamala Harris is Biden’s running mate. Can’t wait for her to rip Pence apart in the debates.

Wouldn’t their plan still backfire given that these same people would just go to the polls and vote against them anyway?

Not trying to downplay the pandemic, but I’m not seeing how their plan is actually going to work if the same people voting against them are still able to vote against them.

Not like Texas will have any luck with vote-by-mail as it currently stands, and that’s a state Trump is dangerously close to losing.

In other news, really loving how people who don’t know shit about geopolitics have been scared of China’s rise because they saw big numbers in their economy and though “oh no, they’re gonna rule the world” before now seeing what a paper tiger it really is.

So at this point, who do you think will win the election?
Not who you hope to win, but who do you think will win? Base this on an unbiased outlook on the current situation of how both team red and blue are doing.

23 hours ago, McGroose said:

So at this point, who do you think will win the election?
Not who you hope to win, but who do you think will win? Base this on an unbiased outlook on the current situation of how both team red and blue are doing.

Don’t know, and I’m not going to have another moment like 2016 where we thought Clinton had it in the bag until the shock came and assume who I think.

• 4 weeks later...

According to Wooten, ICDC consistently used a particular gynecologist – outside the facility – who almost always opted to remove all or part of the uterus of his female detainee patients.

“Everybody he sees has a hysterectomy—just about everybody,” Wooten said, adding that, “everybody’s uterus cannot be that bad.”

“We’ve questioned among ourselves like goodness he’s taking everybody’s stuff out…That’s his specialty, he’s the uterus collector. I know that’s ugly…is he collecting these things or something…Everybody he sees, he’s taking all their uteruses out or he’s taken their tubes out. What in the world.”

According to Wooten, ICDC consistently used a particular gynecologist – outside the facility – who almost always opted to remove all or part of the uterus of his female detainee patients.

“Everybody he sees has a hysterectomy—just about everybody,” Wooten said, adding that, “everybody’s uterus cannot be that bad.”

“We’ve questioned among ourselves like goodness he’s taking everybody’s stuff out…That’s his specialty, he’s the uterus collector. I know that’s ugly…is he collecting these things or something…Everybody he sees, he’s taking all their uteruses out or he’s taken their tubes out. What in the world.”

I guess America and China aren't so different after all. This is textbook genocide.

Whatever moral high ground the US used to occupy has been drowned beneath 200,000 Covid victims, and the uncounted thousands of victims of ICE.

Wha...what the fuck?

I know 2020 has been weird, but this is really pushing it. This sounds too much like a conspiracy theory.

...then again, I said the same thing about Trump sending federal troops to antagonize cities, and even that turned out to be true.

It's hardly an outlandish conspiracy theory, considering that the US spent many decades in the 20th century forcibly sterilizing minorities.

The most significant era of eugenic sterilization was between 1907 and 1963, when over 64,000 individuals were forcibly sterilized under eugenic legislation in the United States.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugenics_in_the_United_States

America's long-running genocidal rampage was the inspiration for the Third Reich's more infamous sterilization programs...

The Third Reich’s experiments in sterilization, conducted at the Auschwitz and Ravensbrück camps, and ultimately including more 400,000 children and adult victims, looms larger than any other in the world’s historical memory. But Germany’s eugenics sterilization project—a program of mass genocide—should be recognized as an example of applied learning rooted in lessons taken from the United States, the original world-renowned leader in compulsory sterilization. 

“I have studied with interest the laws of several American states concerning prevention of reproduction by people whose progeny would, in all probability, be of no value or be injurious to the racial stock,” Hitler reportedly told a Nazi colleague. “I’m sure that occasionally mistakes do occur as a result. But the possibility of excess and error is still no proof of the incorrectness of these laws.”

America’s sterilization laws, accepted by the Supreme Court, variously targeted Black, Native, Latina, and Puerto Rican women for over a century as more than 60,000 people were forcibly sterilized under legislation originally and broadly dedicated to the eradication of “feeblemindedness,” but which ultimately served as a means to racial extermination.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/ice-forced-sterilizations-claim-revives-americas-sick-eugenics-tradition

ku11xon.png

https://www.theonion.com/shocked-americans-never-thought-they-d-see-forced-steri-1845079051

It wouldn't surprise me if Stephen Miller were involved in this.