Awoo.

The General 'Murican Politics Thread

Tornado

On 11/9/2020 at 1:02 AM, KHCast said:

Democrats really pushing this “reach across the aisle” shit (exclusively for Republicans and Trump voters mind you) 

I'm not really seeing whatever it is you're seeing in this one. Might be reaching a bit this time.

It reads more as a point of trying to undo any divisive damage that this whole election campaign might have done rather than an agenda for once.

So uh, has there been any precedence for ousting a president out before Inauguration Day, legit don't know but if there has we might need it.

Really could care less with who voted for who. These days in polltics people tend to see no middle ground. You are either left or right. And lord  forbid you step anywhere outside everything one side pushes or else your a "tard" for the other side. That said what would it take to actually find a middle ground? What is needed? People like to say this election showed the American people voted for who they really wanted and it shows but this is far from true. MANY states were split down the middle hard. Much closer than any past election I can recall. And that small few votes pushed either person to what they needed t o claim victory. And of course winning big battleground states is pretty much a big boost in whatever you want. Say for instance Cali. Is always going to be blue  these days. Just how the state is. And that in itself is 55 votes....maybe 50..but i think 55. That right that is a big piece. Or Texas which honestly tends to hover a lot these days.  But most anywhere else was a pretty close race in votes (Why was this?) I hate to think the only reason some voted for Trump is pure racism and hate. Main point being what is a middle ground or is everyone dead set on sticking to pure deep blue or deep red regardless of anything else. (Example had a black couple sit near me in voting and had one say they did not care for someone person running for out state but said "my mom always said vote blue and gosh darn *not what they said it was also more just centered to the table with her group* and that is what ill vote till i die. It just got me thinking. I do not care for a third party cause i know they would never have a chance sadly with how deep rooted both sides already are.

Remind me again what the point of the Lincoln Project is, cause it hasn’t seemed to help Democrats all that much, and just seems to give them even more negative publicity since it’s co-founder is islamaphobic and has publicly called Biden a moron in the past among other things and has not denounced any of those tweets. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Well.

Mike Pompeo says there will be a ‘smooth transition to second Trump administration’ - https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/pompeo-trump-run-2024-election-inauguration-b1720645.html

I guess Trump might get a second term after all, and they're just going to circumvent the election? The secretary of state outright said they're transitioning to a "second Trump term," giving Trump's insane denial of the election some extra legitimacy.

This sucks. I don't know if there's anything people can do, short of full-on revolution, and most Americans really aren't wild about risking their lives... so I feel like Trump's totally going to get away with this. The Supreme Court's mostly Republican. The secretary of state is outright saying there'll be a second Trump term and not even acknowledging Biden's victory. It's like they're just proceeding, business as usual, as if Trump never lost.

Just a full-fledged coup, Trump's staying in power, and establishing the precedent that Republicans can just "win" every election from now on by declaring themselves the victors. RIP democracy.

16 minutes ago, Dr. Mechano said:

Well.

Mike Pompeo says there will be a ‘smooth transition to second Trump administration’

I guess Trump might get a second term after all, and they're just going to circumvent the election? The secretary of state outright said they're transitioning to a "second Trump term," giving Trump's insane denial of the election some extra legitimacy.

This sucks. I don't know if there's anything people can do, short of full-on revolution, and most Americans really aren't wild about risking their lives... so I feel like Trump's totally going to get away with this. The Supreme Court's mostly Republican. The secretary of state is outright saying there'll be a second Trump term and not even acknowledging Biden's victory. It's like they're just proceeding, business as usual, as if Trump never lost.

Just a full-fledged coup, Trump's staying in power, and establishing the precedent that Republicans can just "win" every election from now on by declaring themselves the victors. RIP democracy.

Maybe they're trying to make us all scared and panicked with this so we'll just give up for them.

11 hours ago, KHCast said:

Remind me again what the point of the Lincoln Project is, cause it hasn’t seemed to help Democrats all that much, and just seems to give them even more negative publicity since it’s co-founder is islamaphobic and has publicly called Biden a moron in the past among other things and has not denounced any of those tweets. 

To annoy the fuck out of Trump and help make sure he doesn’t get re-elected. Telling since one of the co-founders is Kelleanne Conway’s husband. But they’ve accomplished what they set out to do.

If Trump starts a coup, he's the one with the military. Whether they would be willing to obey him is another matter.

Some would, but given the diversity of the military you can count on others with more sense to find ways to mitigate Trumps worst demands.

It would be the closest to a civil war as we could get, but let’s not forget that this could also backfire. Not to mention the only branch of the military legally allowed to do anything on US soil is the Coast Guard. Any violations would just add more potential cases to charge Trump for the very day his term ends.

Take the details how you will, however. There’s definitely more to this that even I’m not aware—probably best to ask Tornado for any gaps I’ve made.

13 hours ago, CrownSlayer’s Shadow said:

To annoy the fuck out of Trump and help make sure he doesn’t get re-elected

Again, they don’t seem to be doing jack shit in regards to any of that. Nothing points to them playing much of a role, if any at all, in Biden’s win, and their claim of delivering republican voters remains to be seen especially when most republicans voted Trump. Seems like a giant scam in all honesty

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, CrownSlayer’s Shadow said:

Some would, but given the diversity of the military you can count on others with more sense to find ways to mitigate Trumps worst demands.

It would be the closest to a civil war as we could get, but let’s not forget that this could also backfire. Not to mention the only branch of the military legally allowed to do anything on US soil is the Coast Guard. Any violations would just add more potential cases to charge Trump for the very day his term ends.

Take the details how you will, however. There’s definitely more to this that even I’m not aware—probably best to ask Tornado for any gaps I’ve made.

@Tornado

15 hours ago, KHCast said:

Again, they don’t seem to be doing jack shit in regards to any of that. Nothing points to them playing much of a role, if any at all, in Biden’s win, and their claim of delivering republican voters remains to be seen especially when most republicans voted Trump. Seems like a giant scam in all honesty

It’s political advertisement that Biden doesn’t have to pay or directly support it’s messages even though it’s still made to benefit him. Not sure how that makes it a scam when—unless you know of any outside donations they’ve been receiving—they pay for it with their own money. On top of that, its essentially free help that allows Biden to focus on other aspects of campaigning, and possibly allow Trump to waste his own efforts and resources to do the same (hence why Biden outspent Trump’s campaign over time). They basically make republican-style attack ads on Trump so that Biden doesn’t have to.

They’re less trying to help Biden win than they are ensuring Trump loses. When Trump’s administration makes a hypocritical statement, a lie, or does something stupid, their goal is to capitalize on that and broadcast it out for people to see in ways that make Trump look buffoonish. No different from political cartoons that do the same.

And just because there were still republicans that voted for Trump doesn’t mean they didn’t swing some against him. Not every republican is a Trumpist—and more to that, a lot of people who voted for Obama voted for Trump instead of Hillary, enough for him to win the last election.

You’re putting too much stock in what they’re actually setting out to do—their goal is simply to make sure Trump doesn’t get re-elected, and as long as that’s accomplished regardless of other factors involved, then they’ve done their part.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, KHCast said:

Again, they don’t seem to be doing jack shit in regards to any of that.

They absolutely annoyed the fuck out of Trump (his demon spawn children even threatened legal action, which is like step 1 in the Trump playbook), and he didn't get re-elected. So...

While absolutely a bunch of Bush Administration cronies banding together to antagonize Trump for the past 9 months is a "The Enemy of my Enemy is not my Friend" situation, not everything is an elaborate conspiracy aimed at undermining something. Even their supposed ulterior motives of wanting to use their newfound fame for standing up to him to launch their own interests in the next election cycle is pretty small potatoes in the grand scheme of things.

• The topic was locked