Awoo.

The General 'Murican Politics Thread

Tornado

4 minutes ago, Remy said:

This is all bullshit

No it's not, whatsoever.

If effort is bullshit that certainly explains all the complaining today.

If you don't push hard, you don't get anything, that's reality.

You have to be clear how much you want the job, any job.

4 hours ago, Dizcrybe said:

I've mostly been applying online. Even if I did call, they'd probably just tell me to wait until someone called me back (which still doesn't guarantee they will). If they do get back to me, they give me a phone interview, and once that's done, they say they'll call me back if I'm picked for an in-person interview.

Calling in and trying to meet the management seems like step-skipping to me.

And there's your problem and likely why obtaining a job has avoided your grasp.

Do the application online, and when it's finished and sent in, go to where you applied, talk to management, be well dressed and stand straight, eye contact and firm shakes, and your chances will vastly increase.

It's up to YOU to be pro-action, not pro-sit-and-wait.

Just now, Chris Knopps said:

No it's not, whatsoever.

If effort is bullshit that certainly explains all the complaining today.

If you don't push hard, you don't get anything, that's reality.

You have to be clear how much you want the job, any job.

And there's your problem and likely why obtaining a job has avoided your grasp.

Do the application online, and when it's finished and sent in, go to where you applied, talk to management, be well dressed and stand straight, eye contact and firm shakes, and your chances will vastly increase.

Being an annoying fuck isn't how you get hired. Most businesses aren't going to hire you just because you "really want to work there" or "tried hard" because, in most unskilled positions the other 1000000 people that went for the job tried hard, called in to talk to management... submitted their resume, etc. Going in might help slightly, but unless you have godlike charisma, really fucken good social skills or really hit it off with a manager. If anything, presenting this way and leaving a bad impression is probably the best way to completely destroy any chance of getting in. 

The average recruitment process for getting an unskilled/sometimes even skilled job looks like this...

xTiTnKnMV2zDyTxhug.gif

...and the best way to get hired is to skip that lottery process by knowing someone already working in the business who can get you in lol. Because we might not like to admit it but "knowing someone" is how most people succeed.

The next best advice is to cast a wide net and try an have an effective resume/cover letter when you're applying for a position. I got a lot of interviews last time I was looking by targeting things I knew how to do. I searched PHP programming/Wordpress admin/MYSQL/Linux Admin on job sites and applied for positions I thought I could get while writing about why I could get them.  I applied for a lot, even ones I didn't really want to get just to have better odds, eventually after about a few weeks applying for like 10 a week (lets say ~50 applications) I started getting callbacks and then I got my current job. 

I agree with you that getting a job is a grind, but I disagree that going in and doing a 1950s style introduction is the secret move to getting a job. It doesn't work like that anymore. Most places will turn you away and ask you to apply online anyway lol. You just have to grind until you start getting hits, or know someone. I think saying "you're JUST NOT TRYING HARD ENOUGH" is bullshit because I don't think it's the fault of most unemployed people that they're unemployed, more the fault of our shitty recruitment systems and pathways into work.

The kicker to all this is I was talking to my boss and he said the main reason they hired me is because my last name sounded Italian, (they're an italian-australian owned family business.) so it kinda curves back to know someone.

• Thumbs Up 3

16 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Trump certainly didn't need to show the part or put in effort to get the job

Yes he did, try not to come back in here with random mess like that again.

Going around the country, having meetings and speeches all over the place, nearly entirely funding his campaign single handed.

It took a lot of his PERSONAL time, work, and money to win.

A lot of strategic work as well.

So that "I HATE TRUMP ARGHRGHRGH!!!" stuff isn't going to work.

You might hate him, but it took a lot on his part to win.

I'm sorry, wasn't his entire selling point that he was a rude boy that said what he wanted, and thus was more relatable to those in support of him?

you also haven't replied to any of my other posts in some time. Wonder why 

1 minute ago, Chris Knopps said:

Yes he did, try not to come back in here with random mess like that again.

Going around the country, having meetings and speeches all over the place, nearly entirely funding his campaign single handed.

It took a lot of his PERSONAL time, work, and money to win.

A lot of strategic work as well.

So that "I HATE TRUMP ARGHRGHRGH!!!" stuff isn't going to work.

You might hate him, but it took a lot on his part to win.

Trump only proves that if you want to a job you don't need a degree, experience, skills, qualification, or even to be a decent human being, you just have to know how to manipulate, suck up, coin dumb slogans, and to be honest, just Not Be Black (TM) and the KKK will give you whatever you want. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1

3 minutes ago, KHCast said:

I'm sorry, wasn't his entire selling point that he was a rude boy that said what he wanted, and thus was more relatable to those in support of him?

you also haven't replied to any of my other posts in some time. Wonder why 

I've been focusing on what others beyond just you are saying.

Your arguments are entirely "those darn whites" and "those poor minorities" as well and I can only stand that for so long so I moved onto other political things being discussed.

Just now, Remy said:

Trump only proves that if you want to a job you don't need a degree, experience, skills, qualification, or even to be a decent human being, you just have to know how to manipulate, suck up, coin dumb slogans, and to be honest, just Not Be Black (TM) and the KKK will give you whatever you want. 

Not be black...

Right after Obama...

This is definitely devolving back into anti-white territory again. Nice job on your part. very nice job.

He's a manipulative man who knew how to play his cards right and he won by being ahead of the game.

The reasons he won sucked, sure, but he won because he was smart enough to use weaknesses and bad natures to his advantage.

He's savvy, not a great man perhaps, but definitely savvy.

1 minute ago, Chris Knopps said:

He's a manipulative man who knew how to play his cards right and he won by being ahead of the game.

The reasons he won sucked, sure, but he won because he was smart enough to use weaknesses and bad natures to his advantage.

If by weaknesses and bad natures you mean fear and racisim, sure. 

Not liking an Orange Facist or the KKK doesn't make me anti white btw

• Thumbs Up 7

4 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Your arguments are entirely "those darn whites" and "those poor minorities" as well and I can only stand that for so long so I moved onto other political things being discussed.

"I'm not gonna read the context of each point, or don't have a response because I can't without sounding racist or homophobic "

sure sounds like you don't wanna admit these things exist and are problematic when evidence even by others like Ogi are presented. Like if you really are boiling down my points to "fuck whites" you really are ear plugging and showing how privileged your situation is.

• Thumbs Up 1

tbh half of the people voted for Trump not because they liked him, but because they liked the idea of him. Someone who could just cause chaos and disruption out of some incorrect notion that the government is some dark empire that will turn murderous if it hits a certain size. 

It doesn't matter if he even does policy while in office. As long as he plays the same self-destructive tune on the trumpet, they're satisfied. "Winning", but not "achieving", if you will.

And that's also the reason why he still polls as very popular by Republicans, no matter what's been happening. If someone came out of the woodwork and presented himself as Trump+, I've little doubt his numbers would start significantly dropping then.

• Thumbs Up 4

On 8/17/2017 at 0:05 AM, Chris Knopps said:

Well then, if a job isn't giving you the work/pay you deserve, move onto another job.

All races have this common sense. Even the white people put up with and do the same.

And as far as racism being an issue in the work force...

Again, there are many, MANY that are having successful lives/careers out there.

It's a matter of paying attention to reality and not the media.

I never said it was easy, the point is you just have to keep applying, keep looking.

If you break and start pitying yourself and blaming people, then that's your problem as a weak person who had a hard time handling reality.

Nobody owes anybody an apology for having it hard in life. You owe it to yourself to keep fighting until you can make things better for yourself.

Not be black...

Right after Obama...

This is definitely devolving back into anti-white territory again. Nice job on your part. very nice job.

Please tell me you aren't serious with the "pull yourself up by the bootstraps" old-school American ideology.
Also don't act like Trump is smart or a great business man. A lot of different factors played into him winning and acting like he is playing 8th level chess to get elected gives him entirely too much credit.

And if the only thing in Trump's legacy is tearing down everything the first black president has accomplished out of spite, while spewing bigoted rhetoric out of his mouth, then I don't know how to take it besides him being an immoral racist.
  • Thumbs Up 5

As long as there's a black person that's made it in life, he's gonna keep with the "this black person is successful, so there's no real impactful racism in the workfield, it's all fake news, and you're weak if you buy into it/white people face the same struggles" rhetoric. There's really no point in this argument since it's a big ass circle at this point.

• Thumbs Up 4

Yesterday, Trump decided it'd be a good idea to advocate for war crimes...

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/feb/23/donald-trump/donald-trump-cites-dubious-legend-about-gen-pershi/

What a complete and total disgrace of a man, a real waste of human potential, and easily the worst US President since Buchanan.

Apparently, the man who ghost-wrote The Art of the Deal believes that Trump will resign by year's end in order to escape imprisonment.

He said: “The circle is closing at blinding speed. Trump is going to resign and declare victory before Mueller and Congress leave him no choice”.

“Trump's presidency is effectively over. Would be amazed if he survives till the end of the year. More likely resigns by fall, if not sooner.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/art-of-the-deal-donald-trump-resign-us-president-predict-tony-schwartz-a7898526.html

We shall see. We've heard predictions about Trump's political demise before, and nothing really came of them. I suppose it all depends on what Mueller, the senate and congress find in the course of their investigations - I get the feeling that Trump's finances will be the key that opens the door to the possibility of impeachment, or Trump's preemptive resignation.

• Thumbs Up 1

And now Bannon is officially out of the White House. My god, the year isn't even over and this administration continues to implode.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why do I get the feeling everyone who was originally defending Bannon's presence is suddenly going to give a nod to Trump and say he made the right call?

You know, like how a lot of people supported McCain, Romney, Bush, etc. but they quickly turned on them when they weren't all in for Trump.

I was just reading an article the other day about how Bannon would refuse to resign, forcing Trump to either go through with the agenda he promised or fire Bannon publicly and likely cost him a lot of his support from the alt-right.

Indeed, as you can see from a lot of Bannon's backers, they thought he was the only thing keeping Trump from becoming just another Bush administration. Trump's likely going to be more destructive than the Bush administration due to his poor leadership abilities and the fact he can't say most of his Cabinet picks are qualified, but he's most likely going to lose some of his appeal among the far right, which could cost him and his Party seats running up to the 2020 race.

In a way, one could argue Trump is much better than Bush. While certainly far more crass and outwardly bigoted, this makes him seriously unlikable and difficult to work with. His "negotiation" skills are largely limited to bullying people in a weaker position than him, and he's discovering that the Presidency is as beholden to Congress as anyone else. He's raising the prospect of backing primary challengers (and indeed, has already given his support to Senator Jeff Flake's GOP primary opponent), which could actually lead to Democrats picking up a lot of House seats next year (as the GOP candidates would be weakened if not tossed out of the race by tough primaries).

It's the Pence dilemma all over again. Trump is bad, but he's so bad that he makes it hard to pass much of anything, which makes him ironically a force for good when we consider the alternatives. He's also causing a lot of Republicans to turn against leaders like McConnell, which could lead to the latter's ouster from leadership and make it easier for the next Democratic majority to reach across the aisle. There is a lot of Democratic anger directed towards McConnell after what he did during the last two years of Obama's term.

So since they're trying to blame anyone for why the Charlottesville "protest event" went south, "Unite The Right" organizer Jason Kessler is being accused by alternative right-wing media outlets of being a "deep state operative" in the payroll of George Soros, because he was briefly an Obama supporter (but then changed his mind because he wasn't a fan of the use of "identity politics"), and was briefly involved in an Occupy demonstration, amongst other probably false stuff that happened.

Oh, right-wingers. Never stop looking like delusion idiots.

• Chuckle 2

Still never gonna get how "identify politics" can seriously be a turn off. Oh no, discussing equality and basic rights for non-straight white male americans. Like I can understand moderate discussion of a thing, but even just bringing up sometimes these issues just annoys people, as if we shouldn't talk about LGBT rights being treated like shit lately when looking at things like legal protections, and trans issues.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly I think it's another form of white guilt; one that doesn't compel SWM to fight for minorities/LGBT because they feel responsible for the position many of them are in, but one that compels them to reject the discussion of "identity politics" because it makes them feel bad. Of course, they won't say that, but it's pretty obvious, I think. Why else would they react to virulently to the mere mention of racism/sexism/homophobia/etc.?

That's my hypothesis, anyway.

Besides the fact identity politics involves owning up to one's privilege, there's also a sentiment that a focus on identity politics will leave white men in the dust. Which, yes, reversing privilege means the privileged group sees a net loss of status, but there's a conception that the government will just abandon white people in general. We already saw this with nonsense like the idea whites have more difficulty getting welfare (in aggregate terms, there are roughly equal numbers of whites and blacks on welfare).

But it doesn't just come from nowhere. The way Hillary Clinton and Tom Perez get up on their pedestals and attack anyone who likes some of Trump's economic ideas or has religious values or something like that goes a long way to reinforce the "urban citadel elite" narrative. Bernie Sanders has so much appeal because while he will go after racism and sexism, he also does a much better job at making conservatives and moderate whites feel welcome.

As much as I hate Trump, I did find enormous satisfaction that Clinton was punished for her arrogance. Or how Perez quickly started to backtrack when a huge number of moderate and conservative Democrats pushed back against his comments. Though their "apologies" about deplorables or whatever are about as genuine as Trump's token condemnations of neo-Nazis. An "apology" that comes out shortly after you make an ignorant or elitist comment wouldn't even be useful as toilet paper, because it indicates you only backpedal when it becomes apparent not everyone thinks the same way as you do.

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-did-george-soros-become-the-favorite-boogeyman-of-the-right-2017-5

A good article on how George Soros became the bogeyman of the right wing.

In short. George Soros is the only really politically active billionaire on the left, so he's a lightning rod like the Koch Brothers. Then you have the fact he actually has caused economic chaos in the past with some of his high profile investments. Finally, he's Jewish, so he's basically the new Rothschild to conspiracy theorists.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Promotion 1

Closing out the week that saw Trump lauding Neo-Nazi protesters as "very fine fellows," and Bannon getting his ass fired so that he can become Trump's sniveling alcoholic shit-hound over at Breitpravda, another shitstorm is hoving into view...

DHcCXgeUwAANnck.jpg:large

DHc2AQyXoAAxNkr.jpg

DHc1DcgXYAAQWtm.jpg

DHc2mJpW0AAGFQu.jpg

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/08/forget-charlottesville-russia-is-still-the-true-trump-scandal

In short: Felix Sater, one of Trump's primo Russian connections, has been co-operating with the authorities' Trump-Russia investigation, and is apparently ready to blab some more. He's certain that the information in his possession will send both him and Trump to prison, but is willing to talk anyway.

If his information is what we believe it to be, a very important part of Christopher Steele's "dossier" will have been confirmed: A more detailed picture of Trump's relationship with Russia - and Russian intelligence. If that picture lines up with the dossier, Trump's going to find himself up the longest shitty creek of his life, sans paddle.

In addition, the infamous "Pee Tape" and worse may very well be real, if reported witnesses can be found and made to testify. That's going to be absolute gold for political satirists globally.

We'll have to see what happens though - on the day(s) Sater will be testifying, I fully expect Trump and co to come out with their most brazen attempts at distraction yet. I'm sure that military Trans ban will be as nothing compared to what he'll unleash then. I hope not, of course, but you know... this is Trump we're talking about. Almost anything could happen. He could even start a war just to distract from the Hindenburg-esque sight of his presidency going down in flames.

• Thumbs Up 1

I really want Mueller and pals to just fuck Trump hard up the ass already (when you're a special counsel they let you do it), this show keeps dragging out shitty storylines, with a lot of dumb twists and filler.