Awoo.

The General 'Murican Politics Thread

Tornado

Essentially, always bringing up Hilary, her problems, saying she wouldn’t be doing better, bringing up the liberal media and agendas being pushed, saying how the president is trying his best, etc

also, as if we didn’t need more proof this piece of shit isn’t for lgbt and black people 

http://qklnk.co/oiS8BB

Well, given that we only have days until the vote happens, plus the low chances of this even getting passed...

To say the least, not good.

Who knew clearly evil people would be allowed to get away with this shit, that clearly don’t give a shit about what the majority of the world says. Tho this is the same party that has convinced itself most of the world loves them, and that most Americans wanted trump as president. Only in America can this shit be a reality and things that are foundationally unamerican be “okay”. And those idiots in that party still blindly following wonder why people don’t stand, respect the country and are “ungrateful”. These privileged blind fucks need to actually get their heads out of their ass and realize all their doing is making uncaring power hungry rich people and corporations stronger and richer.

• Thumbs Up 1

Reading about what new petty evil things the Republicans are up to is just exhausting and makes me wonder if we have any chance of a good future for everyone that isn't just a religious climate denying racist homophobic xenophobic rich white man. Everything I read about the Republicans right now just seems to have them acting as petty and nastily evil as possible in every aspect of life and throughout this administration to the point that I seriously question the idea that any of them are truly redeemable and that any sane person trying to redeem them is just wasting their time on what are essentially human versions of rabid dogs. I can't even take anything that says that things will get better soon seriously because of just how much evil is being thrown into my face every damn day because of these nutjobs.

I'm just so utterly burnt out on these bastards and wish some massive karma would come along and smite them already.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, SenEDDtor Missile said:

I can't even take anything that says that things will get better soon seriously because of just how much evil is being thrown into my face every damn day because of these nutjobs.

I'm just so utterly burnt out on these bastards and wish some massive karma would come along and smite them already.

Basically me right now. Every day I wake up I always dread what has happened in the news while I was sleeping. Every day that these sacks of shit are in power feels like a never ending nightmare.

I'm fully expecting a tax scam to become law, a pedophile to become a Senator, and an internet to be destroyed just this week alone. And that frightens me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Apparently 75% of americans are against this tax bill and the government is still trying to pass it. Sure as shit ain’t a democracy sounding thing. America folks

• Thumbs Up 1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/virginia-politics/dates-set-for-virginia-house-of-delegate-recounts-that-will-determine-majority/2017/12/06/cbeaf968-dabe-11e7-a841-2066faf731ef_story.html?utm_term=.49ce52a635b7

Dates are set for three recounts in Virginia. Currently, the Virginia House is split 51-49 towards the GOP. Of the seats being recounted, 2 are Republican and 1 is Democratic. One of the Republican seats was won by 10 votes, so could possibly change hands.

It's going to be a very tense week between tomorrow's Senate election in Alabama and these recounts in Virginia.

Polls are open for the Senate race in Alabama. They close in a little over 11 hours.

We should be getting results in about 12. Final results tend to be within 2-3 hours, though it can go longer if it's a tight race, as this is very likely to be.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/alabama-senate-latest-polls-roy-023417451.html

The final polling spread has Moore 2.2 points ahead of Jones. There's still 6 percent undecided, however.

The most wild prediction is Fox News, which puts Jones ahead of Moore by 10 percent. I can't help but ponder if they baked the numbers to send conservative voters into a panic and turn out, though.

15 minutes ago, Lord Basil (Ogilvie) said:

The most wild prediction is Fox News, which puts Jones ahead of Moore by 10 percent. I can't help but ponder if they baked the numbers to send conservative voters into a panic and turn out, though.

That's been a common theory, and a plausible one; it could aid in handing Moore a narrow victory.

• Thumbs Up 1

https://thinkprogress.org/the-alabama-senate-race-is-disgusting-these-alabamans-voting-for-the-first-time-is-pure-joy-1a4b5286c7c0/

GOP Governor Kay Ivey signed legislation a few months ago that restored voting rights to thousands of Alabamians who have completed sentences. Many of them are minority voters. Many of them are turning out today or have already cast a ballot.

As a result, it sounds like she unwittingly gave Jones a bit more of a boost on a relatively low turnout affair.

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/news/20171212/strong-turnout-reported-locally-in-us-senate-race

Turnout is reported as being higher than in the primaries at most polling stations. It could be a Democratic wave, or it could be an incensed conservative base eager to foil a Democratic upset.

7 PM EST cannot get here soon enough.

I'll be even more shocked than I was on Election Day this year if Jones gets elected.

A deep south state electing a Democrat? I'm not expecting that at all.

Louisiana has a Democratic Governor. Tennessee had a very popular Democratic Governor not too long ago.

Now admittedly, both of those are fairly moderate (whereas Jones is very liberal), but it does show that the right candidate can break party loyalties.

The fact it's this close at all is stunning, though. It was looking close even before Moore won the primary, as well. Even if the Democrats lose, it might prompt Southern Democrats to turn out more regularly.

Democrats have been over-performing in all of this year's special elections, which bodes very well for next year, as it shows that the national political environment favors them. Thanks, Trump! If Jones somehow wins this, it becomes very possible that the Democrats will take the Senate next year. That should throw a yuge wrench into the GOP agenda, especially as far as confirmations go - that's why McConnell is trying to jam pack the courts with conservative judges (even ones the American Bar Association calls "unfit") now.

• Thumbs Up 1

The exit polls are leaving me so conflicted right now. Ugh.

I hope Jones wins...

EDIT: Polls have closed. Here we go...

• Thumbs Up 1

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/2017-elections/alabama-senate-race-results-moore-jones-n829011

With 50% of the vote in, Moore leads Jones 52-46.

There are a lot of of votes to be counted concentrated towards more populated counties, which could potentially give Jones what he needs to win.

538's Nate Cohn is estimating the Democrats have a large advantage in votes to be counted.

This will be insane.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/live-blog/alabama-senate-election-results/?lpup=15122951#livepress-update-15122951

538 is reporting that Moore is basically holding out for the remaining precincts in blue counties to lean red.

Holy shit, he may actually end up losing this.

It looks like it's less a Democratic wave, and more Republican disaffection: there's a sizable write-in vote that is assumed to largely be protesting Republicans.

What's notable is black turnout is considerably higher this election versus previous elections. Take note, Democrats: voter suppression needs to be torn apart at every opportunity.

This... holy shit.

Suddenly the Democrats have a real chance at retaking the Senate next year.

Not just because 51-49.

But because this means red seats like Arizona and Tennessee would be a cakewalk compared to Alabama.

Shit, even Texas is in play, considering Ted Cruz isn't really well liked even by the GOP.

Let's give Trump credit for one thing.

He fucking broke everything, better or worse.

• Thumbs Up 3

Indeed we did.

Republican disaffection combined with a surge in minority and liberal turnout pulled off wonders again.

Whether ever more blue Virginia or deep red Alabama, the Democrats have pulled off miracles.

The GOP has every right to be shitting itself in terror right now. 2018 could very well be a massacre.

But tonight? Every conservative who has gloated about how Democrats haven't won a single House election? They are eating a ton of humble pie, because this Senate seat is far more important than all the little House seats that opened up.

The moderate Republicans will be more powerful than ever going forward. All Susan Collins needs is one partner, and they will control the Senate.

• Thumbs Up 2